Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I don’t see why people can’t be disappointed/annoyed over some things that go on in the show.

Sonja, I’m glad that you liked the pictures but I cannot lie and say that I did. I’ve made my feelings about Becho perfectly clear and don’t want to rehash that anymore but how I feel about them isn’t any less valid than how you feel about them. I still love the show but I just cannot get past certain things from last season, Becho being one of them.

Jason knows fans’ frustrations from season 5 and it seems like he’s completely chosen to ignore what most fans have said so there’s that. That’s nice of him. If he’s trying to turn off fans, I can see from Twitter that he’s completely succeeding. Fans are leaving in droves, even those who decided to stick around after the mess that was season 5.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 10-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I saw the pic, too, and I’m not gonna lie, I don’t love it. I don’t love the ship. Can’t stand it, actually. But I wouldn’t say I’m not looking forward to season 6. I was looking forward to season 5 more, I’ll admit, but whatever.
I don't expect that you or other Bellarke shippers like that pic, April, of course not.
But the show has so much more to offer than ships, and like I've said before, the Becho pic is nothing new.
We got a lot such Becho scenes in S5. It was predictable that we get such scenes in S6 too.
I would like it if fans could just skip it and enjoy the other pics

Quote:
Jason knows fans’ frustrations from season 5 and it seems like he’s completely chosen to ignore what most fans have said so there’s that. That’s nice of him. If he’s trying to turn off fans, I can see from Twitter that he’s completely succeeding. Fans are leaving in droves, even those who decided to stick around after the mess that was season 5.
I have the impression that only the Bellarke shippers are frustrated about S5. Most of the other fans I know from IG and from Facebook, they enjoyed S5
Jason writes the story he wants to write. That's not a problem as long as there are enough Fans out there who still love the show.
And if all the Bellarke shippers decide to leave the show, then it happens, and maybe the show will die, but a showrunner should always write the story he wants to write, and not the story which some of the fans wants him to write.

Last edited by sonny1; 10-07-2018 at 05:42 PM
Old 10-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
Annoyed because of what? Because of the Becho pic? Bellamy and Echo are together since S5, that's nothing new.
There are a lot of pictures of Clarke and the others too and a cute one of Mackson. Now everyone is frustrated because of the Becho pic instead of enjoying the other pics?

Seems like I'm the only one who enjoys the promo pics and looks forward to the S6 Start
I enjoyed them! I liked the pic because it’s clear they (meaning everyone) are feeling safe enough to relax and be themselves. I don’t watch the show for Bellarke so it doesn’t bother me to see Becko.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp (View Post)
I enjoyed them! I liked the pic because it’s clear they (meaning everyone) are feeling safe enough to relax and be themselves. I don’t watch the show for Bellarke so it doesn’t bother me to see Becko.
That's good to hear, Tripp, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 10-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm looking forward to season 6, but the shipper side of me is just...tired

And it does make sense that
Spoiler:

Old 10-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watch more for Bellamy than anything else, but yeah, a big part of the reason why I’m so invested in the show is Bellarke, not gonna lie. I know the show is about more than just ships, but it is also about ships, too, and it’s just kind of frustrating to see the ship that you’ve liked and stuck with since the beginning constantly pushed aside for ships that you feel are inferior. So basically, what Lisa said. It’s just tiring.

I am actually quite worried for viewership in season 6 now. I didn’t realize quite so many people were giving up. It concerns me.
ICON
Old 10-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)

I have the impression that only the Bellarke shippers are frustrated about S5. Most of the other fans I know from IG and from Facebook, they enjoyed S5
Jason writes the story he wants to write. That's not a problem as long as there are enough Fans out there who still love the show.
And if all the Bellarke shippers decide to leave the show, then it happens, and maybe the show will die, but a showrunner should always write the story he wants to write, and not the story which some of the fans wants him to write.
I’ve seen differing views on my end, general fans who aren’t shippers (or hardcore shippers) are frustrated with season 5 too. I don’t watch primarily for Bellarke (but neither is it wrong for people to watch for specific ships/characters) but it’s just painful to see these characters who I love so much, be subjected to bad storylines which don’t do them justice.

I agree about him writing it the way he wants to but when people highlight valid points about what didn’t work well in a season, shouldn’t he as a show runner be open to those opinions and see how to do better? Especially since he did acknowledge mistakes made in season 3, in the past.

Just have to disagree on whether season 5 was good because I still don’t see how season 5 progressed any of the relationship/character developments apart from Bellamy, Octavia, Becho and Raven/Shaw. Diyoza was a great addition to the show but Raven was literally sidelined the entire season. Everything else seemed stagnanted and though a lot of things happened, the story didn’t seem to move very much either.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I agree about him writing it the way he wants to but when people highlight valid points about what didn’t work well in a season, shouldn’t he as a show runner be open to those opinions and see how to do better? Especially since he did acknowledge mistakes made in season 3, in the past.
Putting this under spoiler tag incase people didn't want to watch the press interviews with Bob at NYCC.
Spoiler:
Old 10-08-2018, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy4839 (View Post)
Putting this under spoiler tag incase people didn't want to watch the press interviews with Bob at NYCC.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-08-2018, 05:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 10-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:

+

Cast out at dinner together:

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy4839 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 10-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know so many people who are dropping the show and aren't watching season 6. They've had it. The reasons are not down the line either, it is not just due to shipping. Not liking certain characters being featured is certainly in the equation, shipping, overall construction of the season, how Clarke was written, not fans of Jason
Spoiler:

I definitely think viewership and ratings could be a concern.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t blame fans for dropping if they aren’t enjoying it anymore. Television should be enjoyable, and if it’s not, then it’s okay to move on.

amelia | icon: mel