Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

As a Bellarke fan, I LOVED the second book. There are definitely some very interesting twists in the book which have me excited for the third one.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the second book, which I just finished.

I love Clarke/Bellamy

The fact that Bellamy and Wells are half brothers cracked me up, also.. the fact that when people got floated, they ended up on earth.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

^The way I read it is that they people were just told that they were floated. It seemed like they were basically the adult version of The 100. Maybe Jaha sent the Griffins to Earth b/c he couldn't float them.

I was surprised when Bellamy turned out to Jaha's son and Wells's half brother. It got me thinking again about whether Octavia could have a different dad on the show.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

So you think them being told they were floated was some sort of undercover mission, and also because really there was a chance they were sending them to their deaths anyway.

Yeah, I knew there had to be a reason why we were introduced to that story. I found it interesting that getting pregnant was a crime punished by death. Yes, they were worried about being overpopulated, but what happens when all the teenagers are dead, they would have no population anyway.

It was mentioned that Glass was pregnant, but we never got told what happened to it, right? Did she have it? Did she lose it? I'm not real clear.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
So you think them being told they were floated was some sort of undercover mission, and also because really there was a chance they were sending them to their deaths anyway.
Pretty much. I remember when I was reading the book that unlike the show, Clarke never actually saw her parents get floated but she was told that's what their sentence was and that it was carried out. I kind of wonder if Jaha couldn't in good conscience float his friends and much like Abby seemed to be behind the 100 being sent to Earth on the show, that Jaha suggested they send a group to Earth to see if it was survivable.

Quote:
Yeah, I knew there had to be a reason why we were introduced to that story. I found it interesting that getting pregnant was a crime punished by death. Yes, they were worried about being overpopulated, but what happens when all the teenagers are dead, they would have no population anyway.
What's funny is I wasn't even really thinking anything along those lines when Wells was wondering where Jaha was going and why he was lying about it. Jaha being Bellamy's father wasn't even on my radar although it probably should've been. Bellamy and Wells were already starting to get along so it'll be interesting to see them interact in the 3rd book since iirc they both know that now.

Quote:
It was mentioned that Glass was pregnant, but we never got told what happened to it, right? Did she have it? Did she lose it? I'm not real clear.
I'll have to go back and read but for some reason I thought that it was alluded to that the baby was aborted. Wasn't that how she was discovered for having an unauthorized pregnancy in the first place? Honestly, Glass and Luke are probably my least favorite part of the books.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi! Since I read the 100 and Day 21 pretty fast recently, I thought I'd review the first book. Thought I would share with you all
One Review. One Opinion.: 'The 100' Book Review

i know that this is for the best
but it doesn't hurt any less
Old 03-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

^Thanks! I read your review and I saw that you didn't understand how there were different classes on the Ark. I definitely agree with you that Kass Morgan could've a better job of giving more of a background however, I understood why there would end up being a class system. It may not have always been that way but there will always be a societal hierarchy unless it's a utopia. With The 100, just like THG, these are dystopian societies so there needs to be that conflict and there needs to be that social structure that some characters need to overcome.

Also, what I took away from it was that the people that were sent to the various space stations were sent there b/c of a specific skill or purpose. Not everyone can be an engineer. There would need to be farmers, janitors, etc. I just would've liked a prologue that delved into it all a little bit more b/c I felt like the explanation of what caused the total world destruction was pretty much glossed over.

Has anyone read Homecoming yet? I think I'm going to pick it up on my way home from work tonight since I walk right by a Barnes & Noble.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bought the books today!
Old 05-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Should I read them too?!

Old 05-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll let you know once I've started.

They won't arrive until June
Old 05-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I bought them all a few weeks back but haven't started yet because I'm lazy

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can wait I CAN WAIT FOR ALOT OF THINGS

Old 05-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

So much waiting.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone should pay us for all the waiting.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I would love that. I would spend all the money I earn for waiting for season 4 on The 100 merch!