Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oops, yes Alexa. I meant April.

Same, Lisa, same. It's just a matter of who I disliked less, back then. How the tables have turned.

Most of us definitely felt that way, mark ... in fact, I still wouldn't consider Murphy as being anywhere close to being my favourite character though I do like him a lot more now.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-27-2017, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I really could have put Murphy instead of Kane. Forgot.
ICON
Old 11-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finishing this off because I have too much on my plate for this month and dont want to think about it anymore. lol. Plus a lot of my answers feel very repetitive. I've already used edits for these people to so I won't be doing that for the rest of these.

This was fun though!

DAY 25
Character You Didn't Like at First But Now Love

Murphy
I didn't want to pick Murphy because he's the pretty obvious choice, but there just isn't any other
character that really applies? I mean, tbh, most of the characters I disliked in the beginning
I still dislike now. And the ones I love now, I loved from the beginning. I think pretty
much everyone hated Murphy in the beginning because his character was pretty one dimensional
and there wasn't a lot of good in him. He was just rude and arrogant and not even in a funny
way. But they really turned his character around in season 2 and the humor they brought to him
really made me love him. Now I cant imagine ever disliking him seeing that he's my favorite character.

DAY 26
Character You Think Deserved Better

Lincoln
Lincoln started out really great in season 1. He was scary and intriguing but then we got to see
a bit more of him and realized what a huge heart he had. His connection with Octavia was
amazing to watch play out. In season 2 his screen time felt very reduced and he was mostly
in the background. It was sad that we didn't get as much for him. But he still had some great
moments here and there. Season 3 things got even worse. I barely remember any of his
storylines and of course we all know what happened to him later in the season. He didn't
deserve to die, especially not in that horrific way. And not only that but his death seemed
fairly brushed over and no one even seemed to mourn him. It was just a crappy way to treat
the character.

DAY 27
Favorite Song Used

Knocking on Heaven's Door
I almost picked Radioactive because I just loved that song and the way it was used but this song
always makes me think of Bellarke and I also thought that it was used in a great way at the
end of season 2 amongst all the different scenes. It had a sort of eery sad vibe as Clarke was
heading off to be on her own. Definitely one of the most memorable on the show.

DAY 28
Best Villain

Murphy
I don't consider Murphy a villain any longer but tbh, even when Murphy was at his worse in season
1 I still kind of enjoyed his scenes and his storylines. Richard just plays the evil character so well
and even when he's being obnoxious and horrible I still cant help but love to watch him.

DAY 29
Favorite Location

The Ark
It sounds a bit strange but I always really loved all the moments on the ark. I love space and
shows set in space so I enjoy seeing those moments. The end of season 4 with them going back
onto the ark makes me really excited. Yes, the show is mostly set on the ground and I love the
woods and all the scenery but to me, something about the ark is exciting and different.

DAY 30
If You Could Bring One Character Back, Who Would it Be?

Lincoln
I kinda said all this already but Lincoln was given the shaft and I think he deserved much better
than what he got. Plus I think he was an interesting character and had a lot more story left to
tell, despite what the writers said about it. I miss seeing him on my screen and he's the only
dead character I actually truly miss.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have none in common on these last ones, Alexa. I am surprised you chose Murphy for Best Villain, as I didn’t think you’d consider him a villain.

I think I am going to finish mine up pretty quickly, too.
ICON
Old 11-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll do the last two this week.

Day 25: Character(s) you didn't like at first but now like/love?

I'm going to choose Kane for this one, because I found him really obnoxious in season 1 and like, halfway through season 2. At some point he started growing on me and now he's a true Bearded King of Wonder.

Runners-up:
Octavia: I thought she was a typical stock CW character, until she met Lincoln and I started seeing her in a different light. I also like how she turned out to be super tough and a little un-hinged (makes her more interesting)

Murphy: as his hair progressed into something a bit better, so did my feelings towards him. I don't pretend to think he's a saint of any sort, but he's complicated and often misunderstood and has proven himself (in his own way) to the other delinquents more than once.

Day 26: Character(s) you think deserved better?

I don't necessarily agree that characters 'deserve better' because not everyone gets this perfect, heroic death that ends their story like it's a music video. It's not realistic.

That said, I wish Lincoln was killed in a less gruesome way - I hate seeing characters get shot in the head to begin with, and with him it was super sad and icky. I can't really think of a better kill scene, but that's my opinion Maybe if Pike pushed him off a cliff it would have been better

Runners-up:

Luna: she was presented to us as this peaceful, anti-war character and I can get behind the fact she might throw all that out the window once she saw how people were treating eachother on land, but they did a bad job showing us that transition (they really didn't show it at all) so her death seemed like it belonged to someone who was more evil than her. It didn't jive.

Lexa: IMO Lexa's death made sense for her character and it propelled the story further, but the stray bullet was super lame and as we all know was textbook trope-y. Her death (or whatever you want to call a conscious entity dying) in the CoL was better...even though I said not all characters should have heroic deaths. She was such a strong character that it was more satisfying to see her last scene be like that, in battle-cry mode.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Characters You Think Deserved Better

JASPER JORDAN

This one is weird for me to answer, because I don't necessarily think fictional characters deserve better.
Real people in real life deserve better. But with that said, Jasper is my favorite character out of all the
characters who have died, so of course it would make sense that I would choose him. Ultimately, here we
have the story of a young kid who has his whole life ahead of him, and he goes from this happy-go-lucky
teenager to this incredibly dark, troubled, mentally unstable young man. And it's not his fault, either.
He's a product of what the ground (and everyone on it, including his own people) did to him. It's just
so sad. And let's not forget that Jasper's first love, Maya, literally was radiated and died in his arms.
(I feel like not enough attention is paid to Jasper/Maya in this fandom, honestly. They get overshadowed.)
All in all, Jasper is a character who I always rooted for, even if others began to dislike him. So yeah.
Of course it makes sense that, of all the characters, I would say he's the one who deserved much better.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
LINCOLN
ILIAN
DERRICK!

ICON
Old 11-30-2017, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

i dont like jasper 1 bit but i can agree that as a character he deserved better because i loved him in season 1 and i kinda hate what they turned him into. he never grew or got out of his depression, which was sad to see.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Day 22:
Happiest moment?

X

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22
Old 11-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Great post Paula ... that was one of the rare happy moments in the show
Old 11-30-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Look at Murphy bounding out behind Octavia like an excited puppy dog!
ICON
Old 11-30-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm with Marie
After that moment, there weren't any true happy moments any more
I debated some, but ended up having to go with this

Right April
Old 11-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was like, the first and only happy moment

Old 12-01-2017, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Day 22: Happiest Moment

Clarke reunites with Bellamy and Raven [2X05]

X | X

This show rarely has happy moments (these poor characters ) but in this moment ... they were genuinely happy
to be reunited with each other and it's written all over their faces and I absolutely loved that. Just taking out the shipping aspect of it,
the smile on Clarke's face as she practically leaps into Bellamy's arms and how Raven waited all night to see Clarke ... it just
speaks volumes and I just love my OT!3 on the show being happy for a millisecond.

Honorary Mentions

"We're back, bitches!" scene in the Pilot
Delinquent rover scene in 3X01
Delinquents after saving Raven in 3X11

014 | 015 | 016 | 017 | 018 | 019 | 020 | 021 | 022

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 12-02-2017 at 09:05 AM
Old 12-01-2017, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Look at Murphy bounding out behind Octavia like an excited puppy dog!

that is the first time ive EVER noticed that. hilarious.

LOVE THAT MOMENT SARAH! We got C/R, B/C and then even C/O and O/B.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Day 23:
Most tearful death?

X

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23