Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Amelia. I'm going all out for the Buffy cast now. I already ran into Nicholas Brendan at the pool.
ICON
Old 06-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Total Fan

I'm sorry April
Old 06-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

April, enjoy meeting Eliza and the Buffy cast, hun.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean . . . seriously, it's a little stunning and very heart-wrenching that this happened AGAIN. And I also spent so much more money to get here this time. See, with my location, I just have to be willing to travel, though. That's the only way. So I'm willing.

I'm hoping for another Unity Days type of convention again this year with the majority of the cast in attendance, including Bob, of course.

I will say that his cancellation here was BIG NEWS, though. All the workers and vendors were talking about it. Apparently the number of people who pre-purchased photo ops with him was the highest out of any guest in attendance. (I mean, 4 of those photo ops were mine, not gonna lie.)

Let me be very clear that I am NOT upset with Bob, though, or with Wizard World. When you go to a convention, you know that this might happen.

In regards to the convention itself . . . they once again do not have enough 100-merchandise on display. When will they learn how passionate this fandom is? I'm pretty sure the Bellamy funko pops have already sold out. (I got one, and a Clarke one.)

I am recruiting people to watch, though.
ICON
Old 06-17-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

So sorry this happened again. I was sure you'd get to meet him this time. Hope you're still going to have a great weekend though.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh April that sucks for you You will get to meet him someday!!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you'll get to meet him first, Lisa.

I'm glad Amelia will be meeting Eliza this weekend, though.
ICON
Old 06-17-2017, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I mean . . . seriously, it's a little stunning and very heart-wrenching that this happened AGAIN. And I also spent so much more money to get here this time. See, with my location, I just have to be willing to travel, though. That's the only way. So I'm willing.

I'm hoping for another Unity Days type of convention again this year with the majority of the cast in attendance, including Bob, of course.

I will say that his cancellation here was BIG NEWS, though. All the workers and vendors were talking about it. Apparently the number of people who pre-purchased photo ops with him was the highest out of any guest in attendance. (I mean, 4 of those photo ops were mine, not gonna lie.)
Yeah, unfortunately, these things happen since there's a lot of variables when organising these events. FINGERS CROSSED that there's no more cancellations this year, at least.

I really want the entire cast to go for a convention together, preferably Unity Days since that was organised pretty well, it seems.

Not surprising about how popular Bob was at the convention, it just sucks that a lot of people were also looking forward to meeting him. But there'll be other times, I'm sure. at some news about people attacking Bob's girlfriend since apparently, it's her fault that he got sick and couldn't attend? Or somehow, he only goes to conventions when she attends (which is really not the case). WTF, people. It's outside of their control so this is not acceptable behaviour.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

People are doing that? Initial reactions I saw were really supportive and understanding.

I don't know much about Arryn, but I feel super protective of her, so NO ATTACKING her! It disgusts me that anyone would.

Are they doing another Unity Days convention this year? That seemed like such a good one.

ETA: Yeah, one of the vendors I was talking to asked me, "Does this Bob guy have a really large fan base or just a really passionate one?" I was like, "Kinda both."
ICON
Old 06-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I only saw some fans calling out other fans on Tumblr but I haven't seen anything on Twitter, personally. If it's true, I'm glad that people are calling out people from their own shipper group because this is not acceptable, no matter what. I don't agree with the notion of only speaking up when it's someone from the opposing shipper group who does/says something terrible ... the behaviour should never be supported, period, especially when it involves the actor's loved ones who have NO beef with the fandom.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's absolutely disgusting and pathetic if people are harassing his girlfriend Are people getting more stupid these days or is it just me?

Old 06-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Total Fan

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqGokdYmyyGv
panel Eliza
Old 06-18-2017, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a really good panel. She did great.

I posted more detailed info here in the Bellarke thread if you'd like to read it: http://www.fanforum.com/f34/★-head-h...72/index4.html

In off topic news . . . James Marsters is THE MAN. He was one of the few people here yesterday, did photos and autographs all day today, did a panel today, and then did a FREAKING CONCERT with his son tonight. It was so fun!

Oh, and he's totally staying in my hotel. Most of the celebs are, so I'm sure Eliza is here, too
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 06-18-2017 at 12:28 AM
Old 06-18-2017, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the panel link, Laura. And I'm very glad that it all went well and was drama-free, April ... hope day two will be as good then. And it's good that you're all in the same hotel, increases your chances of running into them a whole lot.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There won't be any panel today, so I'm not nervous.

It's funny how Eliza was nervous and so was I. But once it got going, I sensed good vibes. I'm really proud of her for how well she did.

You know, basically these panels are like a high profile job interview, in a way. You can do your best to anticipate some questions, but ultimately, you don't know what will be asked and have to answer on the spot. And she had the added pressure of knowing that this was the ONLY panel live-streamed on twitter, and she'd assumed she'd be up there with Bob until pretty last minute, so . . . good for her. Good job, Eliza.

These should be both of my questions:

This was probably one of the sweetest moments. (This is not me.)

ICON