Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 01-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

#7 for me, yet again.

#7 - Alexa, Go, Sarah, Lisa, Steph, April (6)
#11 - Paula (1)

Love the whole "just keep them together for the love of Jaha" bit that person wrote. Really, the show benefits so much when they're on screen together. Not just for the chemistry and the relationship between the characters, but . . . Bellamy and Clarke benefit as individuals in their scenes together, too. Their character development is better served when they have scenes together to draw that development from. There are just so many conversations that they can only have with each other. I mean, take the 3x05 argument, for example. Can you imagine either one of them being so open, so honest, and so vulnerable with anyone else but each other in that moment? And that scene is so pivotal, especially for Bellamy, whose 3A motives are misguided and difficult for some people to understand. That scene clarifies a lot of the complexities of his mindset.

Same goes for the 3x13 beach convo. Again, can you imagine them having that talk with anyone else but each other? The show needs scenes like that. The characters need scenes like that. The fact that the relationship benefits because of scenes like that is an added bonus.
ICON
Old 01-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Not exactly sure what they were laughing at, but I think it was some promo thing the cast was doing.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

EDIT :
New picture.

Spoiler:

ETA 2 gif:
Spoiler:

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake

Last edited by Ellfoy; 01-22-2017 at 12:49 PM
Old 01-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
Spoiler:

I had not seen your edit sorry
Old 01-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still can't believe we're getting new scenes soon

Old 01-22-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That awkward moment when you want to respond to the posts that have come in today, but you can't click on the spoiler tags.
ICON
Old 01-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I vote off #7 because I don't consider it to be as meaningful as the other runners.

Seriously, where was all this bellarke love last season? No problem, it's still very welcome now yet another BC friendly article, oh well

Quote:
And hey, if later in the season they want to make out, we’d be cool with that too. The chemistry these two share is off the charts so a romance feels like it’s just around the corner (once they both have healed a little). Just keep them together for the love of Jaha.
Best little paragraph since the beginning of the especulations

Thanks for this one, Go

Quote:
When they finally make a gay ship canon, but for the first time your OTP is hetero…
I saw this one earlier today on tumblr and it cracked me up! Seriously, when the ship is this good, it's an outrage to hold the characters genders against them, seriously, you just don't. I don't care if it's "yet another straight couple", it is the hetero couple. Name one "common straight pairing" that's got what these two got, I dare you!

Oh, well, look at that pie! I really didn't expect that at all! Not because I didn't expect lgbt fans on board, of course I did, but because if there's a 1/10 rate of lgbts on this planet, I did naturally expect there to be more straight fans just because of the ratio itself. Guess it's just the people who answered the poll, but I'm glad to know we have such a diverse fanbase I'll tattoo it for the next time someone reffers to the bellarke croud as "straight white asses" or something (since I happen to fit the straight white girls group, thus not being an example).

Quote:
Do you follow that Bellarke Fam selfie tag BTW? My God, so many beautiful Bellarke fans out there.
Did you follow the last one? I posted a couple of pics myself

AAAAAAAAAAAWE LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!!! I'm in love with these pics of them smiling

All due respect to Arryn and Eliza's bf, my Beliza heart can't take it!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Really, the show benefits so much when they're on screen together. Not just for the chemistry and the relationship between the characters, but . . . Bellamy and Clarke benefit as individuals in their scenes together, too. Their character development is better served when they have scenes together to draw that development from. There are just so many conversations that they can only have with each other. I mean, take the 3x05 argument, for example. Can you imagine either one of them being so open, so honest, and so vulnerable with anyone else but each other in that moment? And that scene is so pivotal, especially for Bellamy, whose 3A motives are misguided and difficult for some people to understand. That scene clarifies a lot of the complexities of his mindset.

Same goes for the 3x13 beach convo. Again, can you imagine them having that talk with anyone else but each other? The show needs scenes like that. The characters need scenes like that. The fact that the relationship benefits because of scenes like that is an added bonus.
Preach, April!

Is today's teaser supposed to be under spoiler tags, then?
Spoiler:
"Because I love you, you idiot!"

Last edited by AnaMack; 01-23-2017 at 08:23 AM
Old 01-23-2017, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

#7 - Alexa, Go, Sarah, Lisa, Steph, April. Ana, Adie (8)
#11 - Paula (1)

Funny how i just come here to vote then leave.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too Adie
Old 01-23-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I still can't believe we're getting new scenes soon
Me too ... it feels like it's been forever.

Hi and bye, Adie and Paula.

Proper commenting later (hopefully), I have to get going soon. Have a fab day, you guys!

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-23-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even know there was a teaser, but yeah, I think that'd be good to have under spoiler tags. I mean, I know that I don't want to know anything about it.

I love that the Bellarke fanbase is so diverse, too--and I'm sure the same can be said for a lot of the ships on this show. But see, Bellarke is STILL LGBT representation. An adorable depiction of this is the "favorite hand-drawn art" in my dedication thread. Being with a man doesn't make Clarke any less bisexual.

I've heard Bob's GF is openly bisexual, so that's awesome! Real life proof that you are who you are no matter who you're with.
ICON
Old 01-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I didn't even know there was a teaser, but yeah, I think that'd be good to have under spoiler tags. I mean, I know that I don't want to know anything about it.

I love that the Bellarke fanbase is so diverse, too--and I'm sure the same can be said for a lot of the ships on this show. But see, Bellarke is STILL LGBT representation. An adorable depiction of this is the "favorite hand-drawn art" in my dedication thread. Being with a man doesn't make Clarke any less bisexual.

I've heard Bob's GF is openly bisexual, so that's awesome! Real life proof that you are who you are no matter who you're with.
We will continue this trend as well. Just to be on the safe side especially since a couple of people (you, Kate, Paula) are spoiler free.

Well said, and I forgot to comment earlier but i love how your chosen fanart represents both Clarke's bisexuality and Bellamy's ethnicity.

I didn't know that about Bob's girlfriend but that's awesome! I love it when people are that comfortable/open with their own sexuality.

And probably super random, but going into the new season ... I just hope if Bellarke does happen, people don't automatically say that he is second best, her rebound since her true love(s) are gone. I think that would be a complete disrespect to their relationship and who Bellamy is to her. We never got to see Clarke having to choose between Finn/Lexa and Bellamy and in a way, I'm glad for it ... but at the same time, I think it's fair to say she could have chosen him as well and he is someone who is clearly important to her.

Again, it goes back to different people being right for someone at different stages in life (though I still feel it's debatable how right Clarke's other love interests were for her, for me at least) and I think whether they happen now (or if they had happened earlier), it should not take away from how important Bellamy is to Clarke and vice versa.

My deep thought for today ... need to get to bed soon.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
And probably super random, but going into the new season ... I just hope if Bellarke does happen, people don't automatically say that he is second best, her rebound since her true love(s) are gone. I think that would be a complete disrespect to their relationship and who Bellamy is to her. We never got to see Clarke having to choose between Finn/Lexa and Bellamy and in a way, I'm glad for it ... but at the same time, I think it's fair to say she could have chosen him as well and he is someone who is clearly important to her.
For real? All the times Finn and Lexa called her out on her feelings for Bellamy aside, I think that, were there any actual moments for her to choose, she'd have gone with Bellamy. When she was around Lexa in season 2, it was all about Bellamy in MtWeather. When it came to trusting Finn or Bellamy, even in season 1, it was always Bellamy. I think that, although there are no direct moments of choosing between the "true loves"(if that's what you wanna call them, Eliza and Jason, sure, but I don't buy it) and Bellamy, there are numerous parallels in which we can realise it was all about Bellamy. To say "she could have chosen him as well", to me, feels like an understatement. She would have probably chosen Bellamy. I can't see a scenario that isn't grounded by political decisions or her own cowardry in which she wouldn't have chosen Bellamy. Bellamy is her weakness, her biggest weakness, canon fact, something neither Lexa nor Finn actually came to be.

And yes, I'm 100% worried about how Jason and co. will address Bellarke, since they're so afraid of and catering to the clexa stans. To have Bellamy as the last option, when it was always him the first thought in her head would be quite ridiculous and disregarding of the storyline. I sincerely hope that, at least when it comes to this, he doesn't ignore where the show's coming from(three seasons of bellarke development). It's inevitable that antis will say he is her second option, but he isn't, and the show's scripts should definitely not disregard their 3seasons worth of development for some desire of uncalled for retribution to the clexa fanbase. Lexa herself didn't aknowledge Clarke's feelings for him for no reason. It was always in the narrative that Bellamy was actually her constant, her One, if the word can be used for this show. Even if they want to keep on this "Lexa was actually important to her emotionally"(on which I immensely disagree) concept, they can't have Bellamy as less than Lexa. It's either "they meant similarly to her" or aknowledge he actually meant more(because, well, Lexa herself knew that and didn't complain - she had had Costia herself). They already erased Costia as Lexa's girl, so I'm scared of how they'll treat Bellarke after that s3 Lstans outrage.

Yeah, it's interesting to know and also a surprise that Arryn's openly bisexual (also, the bellarke feels implied don't help).

BTtw, apparently Bob did this 15 minutes long or so interview on s4
Old 01-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Calm down Ana ! I do not agree with Lexa being the love of her life as well but we can not deny that Lexa was important to Clarke emotionally.

As for some people claiming that Bellamy is second best for Clarke, this is bond to happen no matter what.

I have just watched Bob's interview. It is not really spoilery (the actors only had received the script for the first half of the season), and some of the leaked quotes has been deformed. Like "Bellamy and Clarke's relationship always needs to be adressed and readressed", it was actually "Bellamy and Octavia". Go figure.
It is totally worth the watch from a Bellarke shipper POV. Bob was really nice to the Bellarke fandom : he said that he finds it great that the fandom get so invested in the show and these two characters in perticular, that he didn't affect his job (he just play what is on the script) and he's totally cool with people "shipping" it.
And he went completely pro-Bellarke in the last two minutes of the vid. If you want to know, spoiler tags (not even spoilers).
Spoiler:

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake

Last edited by Ellfoy; 01-23-2017 at 12:11 PM
Old 01-23-2017, 12:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, there's a difference between development importance and emotional importance. I believe she was very important as a counterexample in Clarke's leadership journey. As for emotionally, I just don't feel it. In fact, I believe Clarke was very important to Lexa, emotionally, but not as much the other way around, as Lexa actually "taught" Clarke to avoid her feelings, until Clarke proved her kind of wrong. It's like with The Flash. I know a certain ship is supposed to be canon, but the lack of a consistent development ground for the ship makes me not buy it. Same with Harry Potter. Just because it's written on the show, doesn't mean I give it credit if it's not well grounded in development. So I do see Lexa's relevance in Clarke's journey as a leader, positive or negative, and I roll my eyes at anything else. That's my view on it, your mileage may vary. I like consistency. If I don't see it, I don't buy it. That's why I 100% shipped Team Toast on the books, but didn't like their ending so much.

Quote:
I have just watched Bob's interview. It is not really spoilery (the actors only had received the script for the first half of the season), and some of the leaked quotes has been deformed.
Wait, didn't Bob and Eliza skip the last day of the Unity Days con to shoot the finale?

Quote:
Like "Bellamy and Clarke's relationship always needs to be adressed and readressed", it was actually "Bellamy and Octavia". Go figure.
Actually, as far as I know, there's this year old quote that actually refers to Bellarke about needing to be addressed and readdressed... It's true for both relationships anyway.

Quote:
he said that he finds it great that the fandom get so invested in the show and these two characters in perticular, that he didn't affect his job (he just play what is on the script) and he's totally cool with people "shipping" it.
Thank you, Lemonade, that's why you're my husband No one has to ship it, in fact, actors shouldn't ship at all, you just gotta be respectful to those who appreciate your job and have a certain view of the character romantically. After all, Bob's problem with the ship, if there's any, is that he doesn't want the character to be remembered as a romantic pairing to someone, he wants the character to mean something on its own. And Bellamy sure does.

Spoiler: