Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

oops sorry must have missed Alexa's vote there.
sorry Alexa

Water party at school? Man how things have changed since I went

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 09-08-2016, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They really have!

Husband was commenting on that as well when we had the first parent-child-teacher meeting Tuesday evening. Oldest is in the 5th grade so he gets to go along to meetings with the teachers.
He's high-sensitive, a dreamer and he loves nature. Just like Husband was as a kid.
The teacher explained that they seated him at a smaller group, near to the window on purpose. So he wouldn't have too much distraction from too many kids at his group and so that he could look outside, there are trees right outside the window and a squirrel comes to visit often.
Husband was shocked. When he was a child, they would place him away from the window, so he wouldn't be too distracted from school work. Now they are actually encouraging Son to take his time and relax by looking outside

It just really shows how invested the teachers on this school are in our kids

Sorry about my off topic rambling
Old 09-08-2016, 02:46 AM
Elite Fan

I love story time with Paula

I think my time in school went more along the lines of what your husband said there.
Not that I was a dreamer per se, but they'd do the opposite of what would have been good for you

Old 09-08-2016, 04:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Okay, just to be clear - I understand the use of fade regarding cinematography and why/how it applies to Bellarke. I actually love the use of the fade. But for some reason I just have eerie stuff on the brain so it brought to mind the Fade from these books, also called a Myrddraal, which look a little something like this:

Wouldn't you LOVE to see the delinquents running from THAT through the woods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
YES KENNI, YES, WORD. WORD WORD ON ALL OF THAT. like, twilight is the actual worst urghhhhh i cant even deal with that crap. And SG wasnt that horrible for me until chapter 2 then I just got freaking bored. I mean the entire premise was not my cup of tea but then they got separated and chapter 3 they didnt even speak i think for like half of it at least. I tried so hard to finish it but I just couldnt. It was bad. The writing was cheesey as F too and so not bellarke. SORRY APRIL AND ANYONE THAT LOVES SG, and i hope the author doesnt read this cuz i feel bad but yes. Gotta be honest.
I could, and have, written essays regarding all that is wrong with Twilight. And I'll just leave it at that. As for Survivor'sGuilt, the premise was silly and poorly constructed - it was like the writer just wanted these two alone and was too lazy to put effort into explaining how that would come about. Then just wanted them to have sex and decided that it's so they can have a baby. So completely mechanical and nothing appealing about that whatsoever. I'm generally not too keen on much smut, but will tolerate to a certain degree. But what was going on in that fic was so bothersome to me. Actually kind of disturbed me that the author considered anything about that appealing. I felt that she was portraying Bellamy and Clarke in an extremely dysfunctional manner and couldn't take it anymore.

As for survivor, I'm voting #2. I love that scene and the look they share. But can't forget that dying Atom struggling for breath is laying between them, and that Clarke is about to stick a shank in his neck. Takes any sexiness away.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

Love the title .

I never see Lee anymore either. Where is she?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, Kenni if we had seen the delinquents running from That through the woods, I would've given up on the show Too scary for me
Old 09-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT. April, I was reading your posts before you started the thread and just knew it would reference those lovely fades since we have talked about it before and I know how much you love them too.

Lee! You better not disappear again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienna (View Post)
The teacher explained that they seated him at a smaller group, near to the window on purpose. So he wouldn't have too much distraction from too many kids at his group and so that he could look outside, there are trees right outside the window and a squirrel comes to visit often.

Husband was shocked. When he was a child, they would place him away from the window, so he wouldn't be too distracted from school work. Now they are actually encouraging Son to take his time and relax by looking outside
Wow, that's amazing! Definitely not how my school was either, it was tough love and lack of compassion when it comes to us getting distracted by anything other than our studies.

As for my survivor vote, yes I'm going with #1 due to what Alexa said. It's genuinely freaking me out that we think so alike recently.

I saw this video on Tumblr, and kind of dig it even though I usually prefer slower songs for videos:

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

thx for the vid Sarah, will watch in a little bit!

#1 -Alexa, Kate, Sarah (3)
#11 - Paula (1)

Old 09-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Life has been and I have been busy on the Bob board.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:56 AM
Addicted Fan

1 for me too
Old 09-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

aw, your icon is really cute.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
Life has been and I have been busy on the Bob board.
It's hard for us

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
aw, your icon is really cute.
thanks Lee. I finally decided to just change it.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good choice Steph!
I'm signing off for tonight
Old 09-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Paula! Bye!