Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-19-2016, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Yaaaay dedication thread #1!!!!

So I just posted this on the spoiler thread and felt like sharing it because it's maybe an interesting discussion.

Quote:
Of course Clarke's being called out for leaving! She wasn't responsible for everything, she wasn't supposed to save the world, but she was supposed to stay. She wasn't the only one in pain, not at all, but she was the only one to leave, and why? Because she felt like Bellamy could handle it all alone. He couldn't. It was unfair to leave him alone with all the guilt and having to face the arkers everyday, the same as Clarke feared for herself. It was incredibly selfish. They were leaders together and they took that choice together. It was selfish to run away for her own sake, but leaving Bellamy to face everything she wasn't strong enough to face. It seems she's forgotten how fragile he is. It seems she's forgotten she's got a responsibility to what she's done. She took part in Jasper hating his best friend, she took part in Bellamy killing people who helped him, she took a part in it, but she took no part in healing together. She left Bellamy and Monty to deal with it, while she ran away. What Bellamy and Monty wouldn't give for running away, but they took their guilt in and faced their fears while Clarke left them. Not only did she leave, she came back telling them what to do lol Like, you weren't even here, now you wanna care? Now you remember we exist too, and we suffer too and we make mistakes too? She wasn't supposed to save them, she was supposed to cope alongside them. Why can Clarke run away, but Bellamy and Monty have to stay? Why does she feel like delegating her role to Bellamy while she runs away like a coward? Why can she run away, but Bellamy must swallow his guilt and be the leader? Of course Clarke was selfish, and it was ridiculous how she came back judging on Bellamy's choice when she understood a tenth of what happened in Arkadia. Of course he blamed her, because she left him alone to face a choice they made together, when they were supposed to face it together.
I vote off #09
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 08-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I'm finally here! Busy, BUSY day! We had a performance tonight, and it went really well, but I'm so tired now!

I don't know if I'll be able to get in a full round of posts today, but I'll try. Or maybe I'll just stick to my main threads. I don't know.

#1 has GOT TO STAY in this Survivor. Please? It's some of the most intense eye sex up there!

I'm fine with #9 going, so . . .

#1 - Kate (1)
#9 Kenni, Paula, Ana, April (4)

Steph . . . I told you the smut was very smutty in that fic. I think the writer is plenty old because there was plenty of college knowledge in that fic.

I feel like, everything I love, nobody else ends up loving. Why is that? (Think about it: Survivor's Guilt, Picking Up What You're Laying Down, the What's a Soulmate? vid . . . )
ICON
Old 08-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Same! #1 is one of the most iconic eyesex exchanges!
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 08-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Btw, Ana, just checking . . . what you posted that you originally put on the spoiler board . . . there aren't any spoilers referenced in there, right? I just want to double-check before I read it, since I'm spoiler-free.
ICON
Old 08-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
#9 There's just something almost creepy about how intensely he's looking at her. Like he's curious how her head would like on a pike.
Oh my gosh, yes! You convinced me to vote for #9! I'm voting 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Okay, I'm finally here! Busy, BUSY day! We had a performance tonight, and it went really well, but I'm so tired now!

Steph . . . I told you the smut was very smutty in that fic. I think the writer is plenty old because there was plenty of college knowledge in that fic.

I feel like, everything I love, nobody else ends up loving. Why is that? (Think about it: Survivor's Guilt, Picking Up What You're Laying Down, the What's a Soulmate? vid . . . )

Glad the cheer performance went well!

Ohhhh April, you weren't lying. I mean, I'm married and far from innocent but it was a little much for me, so I mostly skipped and just knew they were getting busy and it was dirty. :lol
That was a really bad run-on sentence, but I don't feel like fixing, lol.

And don't feel bad, April! Everyone just has different taste. Survivor's Guilt was good, but the beginning was the best part. The last half wasn't my favorite.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

April, I read it and it's spoiler free. Mainly talks about Clarke leaving in the Season 2 finale and its impact on Bellamy/the others.

Ana, I don't quite agree that Bellamy is fragile ... he should be able to emotionally cope with the ramifications of his actions and not just rely on Clarke though having her there obviously makes it easier on him. But I do agree that she was being at least a bit selfish in her actions and also this:

Quote:
She left Bellamy and Monty to deal with it, while she ran away. What Bellamy and Monty wouldn't give for running away, but they took their guilt in and faced their fears while Clarke left them. Not only did she leave, she came back telling them what to do lol
They could have run away as well but they didn't because they knew their people/friends needed that. I get why Clarke felt the brunt of the actions taken but it still doesn't change the fact that she was blinded by her own pain to fully consider theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Could be. But that pic out of context doesn't read that way to me. A guy is looking at me like that I'm thinking, "Walk away slowly. No sudden movements."
Good point.

I'm voting for #17 so:

#1 - Kate (1)
#9 - Kenni, Paula, Ana, April (4)
#17 - Sarah (1)

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-19-2016, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

#1 - Kate (1)
#9 - Kenni, Paula, Ana, April, Adie (5)
#17 - Sarah (1)
Old 08-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

I should be getting my laptop back tomorrow or the day after!

Old 08-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for skipping me, Sarah, gosh!

#1 - Kate (1)
#9 - Kenni, Paula, Ana, April, Adie, Steph, Lee (7)
#17 - Sarah (1)
Old 08-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
Oh my gosh, yes! You convinced me to vote for #9! I'm voting 9!
YES! I am victorious!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

#17? Sarah!

We only need one more vote to move on to the next round.

Quote:
Ana, I don't quite agree that Bellamy is fragile ... he should be able to emotionally cope with the ramifications of his actions and not just rely on Clarke though having her there obviously makes it easier on him. But I do agree that she was being at least a bit selfish in her actions
I agree. It shouldn't be up to Clarke to make sure Bellamy does the right thing. Now with that being said, would having her there have impacted his decision? Yeah, most definitely, because . . . well, it's like Bob said, Clarke and Octavia are the ones who have the biggest influence over him. But people tend to forget that Bellamy influences Clarke, too. For example, if he'd been there in Polis with her, I'm pretty sure some of her decisions would have been different.
ICON
Old 08-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Pretty much nothing in season 3 would have happened as it did had Bellamy and Clarke not been separated.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. And honestly . . . damn, if that doesn't show the power of their connection, their bond, then I don't know what does.
ICON
Old 08-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
Thanks for skipping me, Sarah, gosh!
I'm so sorry, Steph.

Yes, #17, April. It's a ~far away Bellarke eye!sexing moment.

I had a great Bellarke review to post but I'm rushing so it'll have to wait until later.

Quote:
But people tend to forget that Bellamy influences Clarke, too. For example, if he'd been there in Polis with her, I'm pretty sure some of her decisions would have been different.
I do think that too. They could have influenced each others' decisions in a positive manner if they were around each other, but the arc was what it was unfortunately. But I also agree with what Kenni said, it had to be that way so that the events which transpired in Season 3 could happen.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Yes, #17, April. It's a ~far away Bellarke eye!sexing moment.
But that's why I like it. Even all that distance can't stop those eyes from ****ing.

Quote:
I had a great Bellarke review to post but I'm rushing so it'll have to wait until later.
Can't wait to read it. (Although I'll have to wait until my eyelids feel less heavy. )

Quote:
I do think that too. They could have influenced each others' decisions in a positive manner if they were around each other, but the arc was what it was unfortunately.
I'm actually okay with the arc, because absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that, and when they were finally together again in 3B, it was SOOOOO worth it.
ICON