Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

That.... is a shiit ton of words.

Round 2
Match 5: Bloodstream vs. Take Me Home

vs.

Match 6: You Are The ONLY One vs. What's A Soulmate?

vs.
Vote Here

Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay April, I have it bookmarked already so Ill try to at least read a bit of it a day. I'll try get some read tonight but I have a lot of cleaning to do! And I can't believe you are still awake.

btw, I saw this on your tumblr and I loveeeeee this moment so much.

We're going to Fandom Heaven, Clarence, This is one of my favorite Bellarke moments ever....

My dye is in my hair now, gonna go shower soon. Hope it comes out well!a
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kate I know ... really, really going to bed now.

Ana ... now that is an essay. Will respond to it tomorrow once I'm more awake.

I'm sorry you couldn't start the new one, Lee. I really hope you can get the next one.

I'm going to start the fic tomorrow ... April has hyped it up too much for me to resist any longer.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lee, what's your excuse for not reading that right now? 27 hours of no sleep here! That's my excuse!

Thanks for reposting the vids.

Alexa . . . PROTECT PRINCESS MODE! I love that scene so much, too. Couldn't resist reblogging a slowed-down version of the moment.

Ana, I was able to skim through that, though, and I think it's really interesting that we're all putting forth our own definitions/interpretations of what it means to be a "soulmate" right as the "What's a Soulmate" vid is up on the voting block. (And losing. But I can't hate on You Are the Only One. I love that one so much, too.)

Aw, I just wrote up a Tumblr post about the Survivor's Guilt fic, and it seems to have made the author's day! I love making people feel good about themselves. So cheesy, but so true. I do it every day
ICON
Old 07-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

I'm Lee, and I'm lazy. That is my excuse April.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Lol ok! I'll be passing by to know when you guyses have read it then lol

OMG we're already on a new phase! And I hear Everything's won round one? You go, baby! mama's so proud!!! Which vids were eliminated in round 1?

I can't vote as I won't be able to watch these vids right now, but thanks for posting the rounds, Lee I feel less lost lol
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 07-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

You would have to ask April, she had the full brackets written down, I just run it.

No problem Ana.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All I Want and To The Wonder were eliminated. Then Poison & Wine and I Can't Fight Anymore. @ the last one. It was one of my Top 3. But I'm happy it made it to the Top 16 at least.
ICON
Old 07-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Alexa . . . PROTECT PRINCESS MODE! I love that scene so much, too. Couldn't resist reblogging a slowed-down version of the moment.

Ana, I was able to skim through that, though, and I think it's really interesting that we're all putting forth our own definitions/interpretations of what it means to be a "soulmate" right as the "What's a Soulmate" vid is up on the voting block. (And losing. But I can't hate on You Are the Only One. I love that one so much, too.)
Protect Princess Mode is so cute also, it's the reason why I agree with the Knight and Princess trope, because I see it as metaphors to how protective of her Bellamy is. I've shown Protect Princess Mode scenes to a friend of mine and she 100% agrees. Even though they are equals as leaders, their different takes on leadership give way to the trope playing out, as Bellamy isn't as keen of international diplomacy as Clarke is, as much as he's the better one giving inspirational speeches to their people. Bellamy just does that, he's her guarding angel, her personal guard and her shield not because he's in an inferior position to hers, but because this is how he is. He protects the people he loves. So whenever Clarke's speaking, he enters Knight Mode and keeps his eye on any possible threats towards his princess and co-leader.

Oh, it is, I had to add my thoughts to the discussion because I think it's such a subjective matter and I have quite the bipolar view on it, as I believe in fictional romantic soulmates, but not real-life ones and thus my view on soulmates not being limited to the star-crossed lovers pov. Also, I feel like the word gets tossed around a lot without any basis to set it on. People say "oh, they're soulmates" because they ship it. That's why I tried balancing it with the times I do see soulmates and one time I simply see a great possibility of a pairing that is my otp to that particular show. It doesn't mean I ship it less, I just don't toss around the word. And what are the odds, right? one would think you started the discussion because What Is A Soulmate's up to voting. I'd love to help Soulmate, btw, but it wouldn't be fair, as I haven't watched its oponent yet
Old 07-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I nominated both What's a Soulmate and it's opponent, so . . . I don't want to see either one of them go.

I do agree that the word soulmate gets tossed around very flippantly these days. (But this is also coming from someone who believes the term "shipping" gets tossed around very flippantly, too.)
ICON
Old 07-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, with shipping that's why "otp" exists, to organize it a tad better, but then OTP gets tossed A LOT!!! I'm personally guilty of this one, btw. I used to call Jonerys my otp, then I settled it as OTC (one true crackship) and lannicest as otp, but then again I call Jonsa"OTP" when I'm excited about it Yeah... Blame it on me.

Quote:
All I Want and To The Wonder were eliminated. Then Poison & Wine and I Can't Fight Anymore. @ the last one. It was one of my Top 3. But I'm happy it made it to the Top 16 at least.
What???? NOOOOOOO

Ok, ok, I'm ok, Everything is my all-time favorite, so I'm ok. I'm sad, and a bit devastated about Poison & Wine even, but Everything is safe, I can live.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True, OTP gets tossed around a lot nowadays, too.

I mean, I guess it's all up to the fan to determine how many ships or how many OTPs they have, though. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'd say that, right now, Michael/Maria and Bellamy/Clarke are my OTPs.
ICON
Old 07-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
True, OTP gets tossed around a lot nowadays, too.

I mean, I guess it's all up to the fan to determine how many ships or how many OTPs they have, though. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'd say that, right now, Michael/Maria and Bellamy/Clarke are my OTPs.
Well, it helps that the term can be applied to your favorite ship of that show... But even then it takes me some very important factors to call it an otp. But then I have the otps from my otps, as in my most important ships, the ones that may or may not influence how I see other ships and the ones to which I compare them. I can't say I don't have quite a number of otps even then, though. It leads me to organizing them in groups, such as "brazilian top3" or "hispanic top3" or even "Cris Morena's Top3" and "Chiquititas' top5"... Yes, this is counting only the ones I'm passionate about.... I'm a shippaholic, I've said it.

Bellarke is in a top5 of no particular order somewhere... It fits the "all-time OTPs" list side by side with Harry and Hermione and Iván and Julia (and a few others, that's just the way I roll).
Old 07-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

doesnt help April that I accidentally voted for the wrong one.

I cant fight anymore is like, the only 1 of 3 videos i actually like.

I have quite a few OTPS....
Old 07-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Interesting and fun fic for y'all

Meet Me in the Morning - monroeslittle - The 100 (TV) [Archive of Our Own]