Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you like it!

HERE is the link to the vids, carried over from the end of the last thread. All tied up right now in both matches.
ICON
Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

April! Voted for the second one immediately (I missed that first round of voting but went back to watch the videos last week) so there was a clear winner for me for this round at least. Need to ponder my answers for the first one ... that is tougher.

This is probably the fastest I've voted so far.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you and I did not vote for the same one, Sarah. But that's okay.

Yeah, this probably is the fastest vote you've ever cast.

Okay, flashback #7. It's happening. I'm writing it as we speak.
ICON
Old 06-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think so too. Sorry but I really liked Everything a lot better.

It amuses/delights me that we were talking before about getting Leaders into the top 32 list to start with (because people weren't voting it in and that was shocking) and now it's doing so well and moved on to the next round already.

Yay more flashbacks! How many chapters do you have already?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Leaders is safely into the Final 8.

I don't really know for sure how many chapters I have written, because I never split it up in chapters as I write. I do that as I post instead. Usually my chapters end up being around 14 pages long.
ICON
Old 06-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt! Whoop

Old 06-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whoops DP.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa!

Everyone is waiting with bated breath for your fic to be done, April. No pressure or anything though.

Ugh feel like death again. Too many deadlines this week and I need coffee.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Everyone is waiting with bated breath for your fic to be done, April. No pressure or anything though.
Well, you guys are going to have to keep waiting. I won't post it until I've gotten a significant amount written. And even though I'm on page 71 now . . . that's not significant.

Quote:
Ugh feel like death again. Too many deadlines this week and I need coffee.
Wish you felt better. I don't feel the greatest, either. I think I need to stop falling asleep on the couch and get back in my own bed.

Responding to the rest of the answers now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Clarke brings out the best in Bellamy by simply believing in him, something that no one else really has done and in doing so, he starts believing in himself - that he's a good person who has messed up many times but ultimately means well and simply wants to protect people he loves/cares about.
Ah, totally agree. This just automatically makes me picture the "I trust you" scene in 3x15. That look on his face when she says that . . . it's like he's kind of surprised but not disappointed to know that she believes in him/trusts him like that.

The thing is, I think the vast majority of the characters really do believe in/trust Bellamy. I have this whole theory that, if you were to ask any of them who they would trust to save them in a life/death situation, most of them would say Bellamy. But he doesn't have that same belief in himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
As for how Bellamy brings out the best in Clarke, he makes her a more compassionate/open person. She is considered a person who's quite closed off emotionally (due to her past experiences) but around him, she just feel comfortable enough to open up and be vulnerable and honestly that is about the most intimate thing you can do with a person apart from the physical affection (which they have anyway)/kissing/sex part.
Oh, definitely. It constantly amazes me that Bellamy and Clarke have the most intimate relationship on the show, and they haven't even had the kissing/sex scenes that the other ships have had. That's so rare and unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Clarke brings out the best in Bellamy by letting him know he has worth, plain and simple. That alone gives him strength and makes him want to be a better person. All the things he's done to help their people has been partly due to her encouragement. Clarke has had the most scenes with him talking about thoughts feelings, etc.
I like this. It's like a different way of phrasing what Sarah did, so I think my response to it is pretty much the same.

It's definitely no coincidence that Clarke is the one who has had the most "emotional" scenes with Bellamy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Bellamy brings out the best in Clarke by teaching her that she doesn't have to do everything alone, that there are people there for her always. He would back her up always, would never betray her and never lie to her.
You know what this immediately makes me think of? The 3x12 Demons scene when he refuses to let her go to Emerson alone, just shuts down that stupid idea right away and comes up with a slightly less stupid idea of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Clarke brings out the best in Bellamy because when they are around each other Bellamy has the second voice to tell him the facts behind the situation rather than just what he was feeling in the moment. He has always been a person to go with his gut and with Clarke she has always looked at the facts behind it. By themselves is not a good situation as we saw in 3A. They make their best when they can see all sides of it. Which is only something that he can do when they are together. Bellamy also helps Clarke look at the people rather than the war. Clarke's thoughts are merely statistical the statistics do not always have the best outcome when the people you care about in trouble.
Lee, again, I love when you write things like this!

You pointed out a lot of "the head" vs. "the heart" differences that make a lot of sense, and YAAAAASSS to the bolded bit! I firmly believe that 3A was so damn frustrating because they were apart for so long. But they needed to be kept apart in order for them to understand how important it is for them to be TOGETHER.
ICON
Old 06-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will never stop being amused at the Emerson thing, how they were sassing eachother

Old 06-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also love the fact that Emerson knew Bellamy was there. Although was that an error on the writers' part? Did Emerson ever even meet Bellamy?
ICON
Old 06-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was trying to remember this before...I don't think he did??

Old 06-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I also love the fact that Emerson knew Bellamy was there. Although was that an error on the writers' part? Did Emerson ever even meet Bellamy?
He never did so it's funny thinking how even HE KNEW. Maybe just a plothole though.

Thanks April ... love the answers and will respond when I feel slightly more alive and am done rushing stuff.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so it's time for April's headcanon then: In my mind, Emerson was searching for Clarke for months, hoping to get his revenge on her. And while he was out there, he secretly saw Bellamy out there searching for her, too. So that's why he knows. Because EVERYBDOY KNOWS!

Here's a nice one-time only voting thing. Or maybe it's one vote per day? I don't know, but it's low-key and low-stress, so give it a vote.

Poll : Best TV Couples of American TV Series 2016 – Vote For Most

ETA: Oh, it's one vote per device per 24 hours. So that's manageable.

ETA Again: Good lord, I think this thing runs through 2017. Vote once and be done with it.
ICON
Old 06-28-2016, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

What running through 2017 that's insane.