Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2016, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Whoops DP.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 06-11-2016 at 05:17 AM
Old 06-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was good, thanks Paula. So refreshed now. Now out for dinner. How's your day so far btw?

Can't wait to see your Bellarke icon later.

What's the song title? I know Lee mentioned the artist's name is Ruelle?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-11-2016, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My day's okay, just being on my laptop, my leg hurts, so nothing active today for me (as if I was gonna otherwise )

It's Invincible by Ruelle

I hope dinner's good for you

ETA: look at my matching icon

Last edited by girl under the floor; 06-11-2016 at 05:37 AM
Old 06-11-2016, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww sorry that it still hurts ... but it got better at least?

Okay thanks. And yes, dinner was so delicious. So stuffed now.

LOVE the new icon ... what program did you use to merge the pics like that? I could never understand how to do that.

Another meta from the self-proclaimed Meta Queen :

Quote:
YES LET’S TALK ABOUT THIS because while I am definitely in the “Bellamy is in love with Clarke but she currently loves him but isn’t in love with him” camp, I can definitely see how she will eventually fall in love with him. The pieces are there, they just have to be assembled in the right order.

First of all, it’s going to take some time for Clarke to move on from Lexa. I am totally fine with that, and I hope that they give her a little space at the start of season four to mourn what she could have had with Lexa and miss her. I was not the world’s biggest Finn fan, but they had Clarke move on way too quickly (especially considering Lexa’s role in his death). I don’t want them to repeat that mistake, so honestly, I’m fine if Clarke stays in the Loves But Not In Love With Bellamy emotional space for the first 3-4 episodes. Which isn’t much time, I get that, especially since the show will probably be picking up right where they left off, but assuming they have a 13-16 ep season again, that’s a solid chunk of time devoted to Clarke not having a romantic interest which hasn’t happened yet except for like, the two episodes between Finn’s death and the first Clexa kiss.

BUT THEN: I would like for Clarke to have a sudden moment of realization, either because Bellamy is in danger or planning on putting himself in danger, or even just that she thinks he’s in danger but actually he’s fine. I want it to be a private moment of shock because everything just clicked into place for her. She loves Bellamy and she knows that now, but I want her to be metaphorically slapped in the face by just how much she loves him. We’ve seen Bellamy fall for her bit by tiny bit since 1x02, so it would be a nice reversal for her to just know all of a sudden.

And then…I want her to start pushing him away. No, wait, hear me out: the angst would be so beautiful, because it would be such a Clarke thing to do. Practically the first thing we learn about her is that her first instinct is to take care of other people, and in the six months she’s been on the ground she’s fallen in love twice and lost them both. You don’t have that happen without wondering if you’re the cause (as ALIE!Raven accused her of being), so once Clarke realizes that she’s in love with Bellamy her first instinct will be to protect him from her. I don’t need her to be harsh with him, but I’d like for her to be a little bit colder and awkward around Bellamy in a clumsy-but-very-Clarke attempt to keep him safe.

But I don’t want Bellamy to just accept this new version of Clarke. He’s a very emotionally intelligent person, so I want him to not only notice that she’s trying to create an artificial distance between them but to call her on it. I’m totally fine with Clarke denying it for awhile but secretly pining over him, telling herself that it’s for the best and if her choice is loving him and watching him die or pushing him away and keeping him alive, she’ll always choose the latter.

So I want frustration and pining on both sides, while Clarke wrestles with the idea of letting herself love again and the fear that her love is a death sentence. I want Bellamy picking up on that and quietly refusing to be pushed aside but also understanding that she’s not in a place to love him yet.

Now, I’m not quite sure how I want the “We Both Admit We Love Each Other” scene to go, but I do know this: both of Clarke’s previous love interests followed similar trajectories: they pursued her, there was a moment of passion (sex in the bunker with Finn, the first kiss with Lexa) followed by betrayal, followed by an eventual admission of love on Clarke’s part at the absolute last possible moment. There’s some differences between Finn and Lexa, most notably that Lexa backed off on pursuing Clarke when she said she wasn’t ready and then they worked their way through a courtship before having sex while Clarke and Finn pretty much started with sex and then fell apart. The important part of these parallels I want to talk about is the admission of love– Clarke told Finn she loved him right before he died, and she told Lexa she loved her when they had to part inside the City of Light, knowing that would be the last time she ever saw her.

So for Clarke, admitting she loves someone has generally been driven by desperation and fear that she won’t see them again, and in both cases so far, she won’t see them again.

I want Bellamy to be the one who breaks that pattern. I want her to tell him she loves him during a “we might not survive this” moment and for him to come back to her.
Source

Really hope the bolded parts come true.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)

LOVE the new icon ... what program did you use to merge the pics like that? I could never understand how to do that.
I changed it again
And still not entirely satisfied
I used photoscape
Old 06-11-2016, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww but why? It looked great. Is that your first Bellarke icon BTW? I always associate you with Lincoln/Octavia icons at this point.

Going to unleash part one of the Sarah Method on you guys now :

April, Ana:

Quote:
But you can also argue that Bellamy helps Clarke make better decisions, too. i.e. if he'd been with her when the bomb was about to drop on tonDC, maybe he would have convinced her to handle that situation differently.

I'm one of those people who feels like Bellamy really doesn't like himself most of the time. (And that's why RavALIE couldn't really get him to crack in 3x11--she wasn't saying anything that didn't cross his mind every single day). I think he questions his own decisions a lot BECAUSE of the fact that they've often had such dire consequences. So if someone like Clarke Griffin, who is obviously just this beacon of brightness in his life, supports his decision, then it helps him act with reassurance. If she questions his decision, then it helps him take a step back and re-evaluate. He does depend on her for certain things, just like she depends on him for certain things, but . . . maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing?
Quote:
It's just that she makes him understand things when no one else can and he's not thinking straight enough to see it. He can make his own decisions, it's just that everyone makes mistakes and needs a voice of reason anytime.
That is true. They don't necessarily need each other to make good decisions but can help each other think in a different way that they might not have considered before, a different POV essentially, and that is what makes them a powerful duo.

And yes, I definitely feel that too about Bellamy. It's not about woobifying his actions but he has consistently been shown as a person who doesn't think much of himself and who defines himself by the actions he does in protecting people he loves (Octavia, Clarke) and kind of feels worthless if he feels like he can't keep them safe/protect them etc.

April:

Quote:
And on the flipside, sometimes the voice of reason needs to be reminded of its own feelings (i.e. the scene in 3x15 where Clarke's all focused on finding a nightblood and getting the flame in someone, and Bellamy just straight up says, "No, we need to go back to Arkadia and see if our friends are okay first." )
Good point, it's the reverse situation so it's not like it's always Clarke influencing Bellamy. It's most definitely balanced that way and that's why their relationship is such a good yin-yang dynamic.

Quote:
Agreed, Clarke had valid reasons to stay. She didn't owe it to Bellamy to go back with him. I mean, I would have loved if she did, because then we wouldn't have had to spend all that time on the Polis storylines that seemed to just DRAG on. (I mean, like, I don't even remember 3x06. What happened in that ep?)
Agreed, it was the right move for her to stay at that point though I can also see how from Bellamy's POV, it feel like she was rejecting him yet again. Ugh the Polis storyline really did drag on and could have been done way better. As we've said before, 3A was SO bad and the less I remember of it at this point, the better. A hot mess which is so unlike this show. That is what happens when they're trying to pander to fans and rush things, I guess.

April, Ana:

Quote:
I'm so tired of so many people in this fandom dismissing both Bellamy and Jasper as just dealing with "man pain" this season. It's disgusting and disrespectful. I appreciate that this show is very willing to take its male characters (particularly Bob as the male lead/Bellamy as the alpha male character) and make that character a vulnerable, EMOTIONAL character. Bellamy's pain was very traumatic, and he didn't have the title of "Wanheda" to bear the burden of what he'd done--NOT that I'm saying it's any easier for Clarke; it's just different.
Quote:
Sometimes people forget feminism is about equality, not women over men. PTSD being dismissed as manpain was so offensive... Specially to the writers, who do remember of dealing with the PTSD arc, which is so oftenly ignored in war-like shows...
I have to admit, I'm no Jasper fan and though I think he was valid in being upset with Clarke/Monty, I didn't get why he didn't hold Bellamy equally accountable and his reaction to them felt OTT to me. And also, his plan was really stupid I felt so I don't think there was really ever a chance he could have saved the rest so Clarke's plan was still the better one. So, Jasper's reaction there really irked me TBH. IMO, Bellamy had more legit reason to be grieving and dealing with PTSD ... he had to kill a man in MW, was also responsible for the MW massacre and he lost someone he was dating for a while. But I do agree that the fandom's way of writing it off as "man pain" is seriously aggravating and dismissive of their emotional struggles and that's just not right.

Quote:
Yep. This is just going to be an eternal frustration, unfortunately. 3x04 was just so . . . so jarringly abrupt and ill-paced. What did we have going on in that ep? Lexa, Clexa, Ice Nation, and the Pike/Bellamy storyline. So Bellamy's storyline (which would prove FAR more pivotal than the other 3 storylines throughout the rest of the season, btw) was literally given one-fourth of the airtime that episode. And really, it should have been drawn out over two episodes.
Pretty much ... all that time was wasted on a guest star when it could be used to effectively flesh out that storyline better but I digress, nothing to be done now unfortunately.

Quote:
Exactly. And that's what Bob meant i think. The fact that Bellamy trusts Clarke more than anyone else, and Clarke knows Bellamy more than anyone else. If she was there they would have been able to help each other and find a solution together. However i also think this separate journey they went through was necessary for both of them as individual characters.
Quote:
He also snapped out of Pike's influence when Kane was sentenced to death and he basically made the grounders capture Pike all alone. And this was before Clarke returned home. After that, the only thing that Clarke did was trying to be there for him, but he was the one who understood that what he did was wrong (if you remember their dialogue in 3x13, Clarke tried to tell him it wasn't his fault, but Bellamy disagreed with her, telling her that some of it was), and also he understood before Clarke (who still wanted to force Luna to take the chip in 3x14, and then even continuing to make discutible choices at the beginning of 3x15) that not only the end goal is important, but even how you reach it. He's long past the: 'what we are and what we need to do to survive are very different things'. Now he understands that doing what is necessary even if they are bad things, isn't always the right thing to do. There was a wonderful parallel between him and Becca in the season finale.
We have talked about this in great length already but yes, as painful as that part in Season 3, this individual journeys for both of them was absolutely necessary. As much as being with each other makes them stronger, they needed to come to this realisation on their own and I think that was ultimately achieved.

And I absolutely love that Bellamy/Becca parallel because I think he truly understands that now. And again, it also relates to Clarke's personal journey as well of course.

Quote:
Bellamy has understood the lesson even before Clarke, so yeah, he completely did his journey alone this year, Clarke only made him understand that he wasn't alone, that she would have been there for him, no matter what.
I love how that was clearly shown at the first part of the beach scene.

Delia:

Quote:
About Clarke quickly forgiving/loving Lexa again I found it weird and disappointing too. But it may be because I'm still internally debating about whether Lexa was forced and not blamable to make this deal or not. Totally agree about Clarke being Wanheda this season. This is why I felt disappointed and less attuned with her character this season. The clothes she wore in the finale were those she had in s1 or new ones ? I guess this is how she pictures herself in her mind, so she didn't really felt herself in her s3 grounder outfits.

I do feel like it was necessary for her to stay since she was then able to convince Lexa several times to make decisions favoring. There were really moments when it didn't seem Lexa would have chosen that way if Clarke hadn't talked her through. Octavia couldn't have done that. Lexa is ideologically leaning towards the idea of changing ways - even though she wasn't much before Clarke made her see things differently, insisting in s2 for the " blood must have blood " and the " love is weakness " things. She didn't seem to be utterly sure of what was the best thing to do and was shown internally debating before each decision throughout s3 so without Clarke she could sometimes have chosen otherwise.

_ About the episode from season 2 you were talking about, i already said it in a previous thread but I can't help saying it again : Clarke telling him she can't lose him marked the moment when Bellamy started to involve and care a lot about her. He showed it multiple times throughout the episode, protecting her with his body, worrying about her sleeping next to the Grounders and not in their side... Bellamy's motor to protect people is partly them counting on him : when O resented him in s1 he was ready to leave the camp, mainly saying She doesn't want me anymore so I'm leaving.

Since her mother told him " your sister, your responsibility " he's always been the one her sister/mother rely on and need. This motivated his life, and even though he didn't stop caring a lot about O after she detached from him I think he does need to feel he is needed and loved. So when Clarke said that their relationship became immediately more intense and tight, which explains why he is hurt when she tells him " It worths the risk " for him the be the inside man. This episode was really transparent, in the way she came to say that to Bellamy after Lexa told her Love is weakness, as to provide herself from being weak because of him. She seemed to directly associate Love with Bellamy. Maybe she thought about Love in the wide sense, but Lexa did mean it in the romantic sense since she was talking about Finn and Costia. So even if everything was confused and not necessarily acknowledged in Clarke's mind she did feel something for Bellamy that was strong enough for her to associate it to love.
Oh I completely hold Lexa accountable for that terrible decision, and it led to a chain reaction of a lot of events later on. Clarke being hunted as Wanheda, rift between Clarke and her relationships with Bellamy/Jasper, rift in Jasper/Monty's relationship, Emerson taking revenge on the Arkers (leading to Sinclair's death ), etc etc.

Clarke's clothing in COL was from S1 so it ultimately represents what she identifies with: that simple girl in the Pilot before the world made her weary and tore her down. And yes, Wanheda was her persona but certainly not representative of who she is.

I do agree that Clarke's presence was ultimately required since Lexa seemed to be easily swayed and/or wasn't very decisive yet and those decisions were ultimately in the Arkers' favour.

And well said about the "I can't lose you too" line sparking something in Bellamy. He probably already knew but to hear her articulate that she wants him to be safe even though the plan was a good one, was something that really took him aback. So after that, he amped up the Clarke concern level and was extra protective of her, in a sense reciprocating the level of need that she has for him through his actions from that point forward. And then she stuns him with the "It's worth the risk" line. And your last line is absolutely spot-on:

Quote:
So even if everything was confused and not necessarily acknowledged in Clarke's mind she did feel something for Bellamy that was strong enough for her to associate it to love.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 06-11-2016 at 08:25 AM
Old 06-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Aww but why? It looked great. Is that your first Bellarke icon BTW? I always associate you with Lincoln/Octavia icons at this point.
You liked the other one better? It's okay, be honest

I'll be going back to Linctavia soon I think, but now my icon matches the thread title
Temporary Bellarke icon for me

Now onto the rest of your post
Old 06-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I did like the first one better though this one's lovely too. It's just a bit too dark IMO.

Also wanted to say that this title is impactful from the perspective of BC and that they'll stay strong through any challenge because they have each other as well as us as shippers ... antis will never get us down no matter how hard they try.

Second part of Sarah Method, and Paula, you're part of this one :

Quote:
And hey, it's not just about what I said. I did some deep thinking (yes, I can) and it's also because I just miss so much. By the time I get on in the morning, y'all have gone through several pages. Last poster should write me a recap.
This is why I do long *** replies because I'd feel disconnected from the topic if I came online a few pages later and missed the discussion topic(s). But definitely not for everyone, I can tell you it takes hella a lot of time and thinking sometimes.

Quote:
It's just that the thread and you all do mean a lot to me
Right back at you.

April:

Quote:
Seriously, though, I feel like, when a couple's hand-holding (or hand-grazing, in some instances) packs the same kind of emotional impact that a kiss can, then that's how you know they're a very special couple.
Very true, their touches are way more impactful than some kisses (*cough) on the show so far, for example.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Forum runner SUCKS let me just say lol.

Sarah in my phone the posts just look SO LONG it's nuts lol...

Morning! So much to do and I just wanna SLEEPPPPPP
Old 06-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay, new thread! I'm glad Paula was able to start it! Lovely title, too. That last thread sure was a quick one. One of those one-day threads.

Will have to go back and play catch-up now. I just had to go to bed earlier last night. Headache is gone now. I think so much rest did me good.

Oh my god, Alexa, your sig . . .
ICON
Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Morning people!

Old 06-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad you're feeling better April!

Hey Alexa, Lee!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, lovelies. As always, I'm going to bed just as everyone comes back on (just need to drink my tea first ). Lee! I'm surprised to see you though ... didn't you stay up massively late to help Paula kill the last thread?

Glad you're feeling better now, April.

Haha Alexa, the posts are super long actually. Sorry to unleash yet another one on you guys but it's mandatory at this point :

Delia:

Quote:
I'm always doing Sarah Method, but get so lost in all the previous pages that I finally don't write anything because I' too confused/tired with the reading
Definitely tiring sometimes.

April:

Quote:
It's definitely a process! When I do it, I have to have two tabs open. One to type out my reply, the other to go through the old threads. I don't know what Sarah's actual method is for the Sarah Method, but it's MASTERFUL.
Haha, nothing unusual about the method I'm afraid. I use the same method as you do. I just add the posts that I want to comment on, as I go along. I have, if you noticed, added in the names of people I'm replying to. That's the only difference now.

Paula:

Quote:
I'm afraid to answer that question
When I first admitted to that, someone sent me a PM ranting about it and calling me not so nice things

Anyway; First of all, this is not about Eliza's acting, it's purely about Clarke and her decision making.
And I just can't. I'm just as unforgiving as Octavia is

This 3d season, Bellamy has done things we don't agree with. We as an audience, but also the people around him in the show.
And they actually made him see that. And he got redeemed, on the show.
Yet Clarke makes a stupid decision about TonDC (main problem for me here), yet she doesn't get redeemed on the show. If I recall correctly (but it's past midnight for me and I believe I've mentioned somewhere, sometime that I don't do well with tired ), she regretted it and that's why she wanted to take out the sniper. But when talking with Octavia about it, she didn't get redeemed. She didn't admit to Octavia that she was wrong. She was just making excuses for why she did what she did. She didn't own up. Bellamy has owned up to his mistakes.

Okay, that's the main big one, but there are also smaller issues (can't conjure them up right now) I have/had with Clarke. Which made me have a dislike of the character.

But when you have the two of them together. . . It elevates both of them. I enjoy watching at Clarke so much more when she's interacting with Bellamy than when I see her interacting with anyone else. Probably has to do a lot with the great chemistry between Bob & Eliza
I don't know, it's not exactly like I like Clarke more when she's with Bell. It's that she (in my eyes) visibly is different with him.
First off, whoever that nasty person who ranted that at you was totally off base. You are allowed to feel how you feel about ANY of the characters, we are all diverse people who have different POVs on issues/characters/storylines etc. So for you to get directly ranted at is just wrong.

And I actually do agree with your Clarke points there (you really should do more of these Sarah Method catchup posts because you have awesome comments when you do ) ... I feel like her actions get brushed aside from say, Bellamy's mistakes and even though I don't blame her for making some of these actions, it'll be nice to see on the show that she acknowledges her flaws nonetheless. Not saying that their actions are exactly comparable either, just that level of recognition of their actions and their consequences seems to be different.

And I agree of course ... there's just something uniquely different about how Clarke is with Bellamy. It's like she can breathe easy and is her actual self and that shines through in their scenes and makes them absolutely magnetic to watch together. I don't even know how to explain it as well as you do TBH.

Lee:

Quote:
One second he is like lalalaldallaladada then.......... SAVE CLARKE AT ALL COSTS!

He legit stood Completely in front of her, as a human shield.
Perfect description of Bellamy in that scene, he flipped so fast to Protect Princess mode.

April:

Quote:
Bellamy values Clarke's safety and well-being above his own. That's why he's more than willing to put himself in harm's way for her.
He really does.

Alexa:

Quote:
This is what I mean though, like B/C are more of a relationship then anyone there because of all the time they spend together, all the trust they have in one another, the support they give each other, the way they act when the other isn't around or when the other is hurt.... THATS what a relationship is on this show. Not just saying "hes my g/f" and then never seeing any interactions.

Thats how Bryan/Miller were... they got like 1 kiss. We barely saw them interact. I was glad in 315 we FINALLY got to see a conversation about the future with them. But I will say thats probably because Andrew wrote it and he seems to have a better grasp on capturing the human moments and relationships on the show then some of the other writers.
Very true. You can't classify them as a couple of course, but that's just a traditional term anyway and we've always said their relationship is deeper than any simple romance because they've proved time and time again that they support each other (even when they don't necessarily agree with the other person's actions) and of course the unconditional trust/faith in each other.

I'm glad that we got more Miller/Bryan too though I was worried for a bit that the talking-about-the-future thing meant Bryan was a dead man walking. The kiss was important though, that's the only other non-hetero kiss (that I can recall) apart from CL and Clarke/Niylah. I do agree that Aaron (not Andrew?) seems to have a knack for writing the characters the best so that's also probably why.

April:

Quote:
Aaron Ginsburg just GETS IT, man. Although I have to give some serious credit to Kim Shumway, too, for "Nevermore."
I never thought I'd give Kim credit for anything but here we are.

Alexa:

Quote:
Well I guess people consider a "kiss" to be canon, but in my head its any romantic connotations.
Agreed.

Quote:
Bryan and Miller need more freaking kissing scenes dangit. Though I guess all couples on this show kinda dont get much in that department.
Co-signed. Though like you said, kisses are so rare on this show.

April:

Quote:
They seemed to love the character and not hold her responsible for half the things other characters were.
Preach. Do I think that Clarke had feelings for her? Sure, but it wasn't believable that Clarke would ever open up her heart to someone who left her and her people to just rot and die but I digress. I guess I'll never understand that part of the story that TPTB were clearly trying to tell force onto people.

Quote:
Okay, you are not the only person who's said this and . . . seriously, you guys are missing out if you haven't read the fluffy mature fics out there! Okay, maybe fluffy isn't the right word. More like . . . light-hearted? Happy?
Ahh okay, lighthearted/happy is more like it I think.

Quote:
They'll forgive each other--they already HAVE forgiven each other. But will they forgive themselves? I don't know.
Me being my hopeful self for once ... I do believe they will one day. They both deserve it.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I did Sarah. Went to bed at 6.30 and it is 13.15 Look at that one comment you quoted from me. I have not been entirely philosophical as of late.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sarah sleep well
And it was really late when I wrote that post, I'm surprised I even had some coherent thought (and the typo's )