Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2016, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

There are so much reaction gifs to that scene, it's amazing.

All of this is
Quote:
ok but like clarke was kind of given all the credit for how she and bellamy saved their people at the end of season two

but when bellamy tells her, “you’re not acting like someone who just saved the world”, she responds with, “because we didn’t. not yet”

she knows she couldn’t have done it without him and that can’t save the world (again) without him and I JUST
Quote:
Also, when she’s talking to Alie and Becca right before she pulls the lever she says “we’ll figure something out”. Clarke is no longer living by I bear it so they don’t have to. The callback to the season 2 finale wasn’t just the writers running out of ideas and rehashing an old plot, this was literally about illustrating Clarke has learned that the way she used to cope with trauma and the weight of the decisions she had to make was hurtful and unhealthy because she pushed people away and ran away from her pain. she is choosing a different way now.

Bellamy wasn’t there to pull the lever with her physically but he was symbolically. That whole scene was supposed to make you think about him and Clarke as an unit and as soon as she wakes up it’s further confirmed by her own words. They are together, truly, and it’s about ****ing time.
x
Old 05-20-2016, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jessy, love this:

Quote:
Also, when she’s talking to Alie and Becca right before she pulls the lever she says “we’ll figure something out”. Clarke is no longer living by I bear it so they don’t have to. The callback to the season 2 finale wasn’t just the writers running out of ideas and rehashing an old plot, this was literally about illustrating Clarke has learned that the way she used to cope with trauma and the weight of the decisions she had to make was hurtful and unhealthy because she pushed people away and ran away from her pain. she is choosing a different way now.

Bellamy wasn’t there to pull the lever with her physically but he was symbolically. That whole scene was supposed to make you think about him and Clarke as an unit and as soon as she wakes up it’s further confirmed by her own words. They are together, truly, and it’s about ****ing time.
Now this is how you do character development.

Also:

Quote:
i mean. every moment that bellamy and clarke were in the same room he was trying to reassure her. he took her hand when she needed something to ground her, he tried to crack a joke to make her feel better, he wholeheartedly believed in her and her plan even though it was pretty much suicidal, and when she got out he noticed she wasn’t celebrating and asked her what was wrong. bellamy blake cares for clarke griffin so MUCH but i mean what else is new
X

Also love this.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
yes, he is very much a weight-of-the-world-on-his-shoulders kinda guy (and in this case not completely unwarranted, he did do an awful lot of stupid things this season)
True but i have an hard time to put Octavia's going to the dark side on him since i believe in free will and in making your own choices. Basically everyone said to her to NOT kill Pike, that revenge and anger wasn't the solution and she still did that. It was her choice and it's time she's going to be own accountable for her own actions (and if you think about it's all season she's doing questionable things, beating up Indra, beating up her chained brother and now killing Pike...there is this anger inside of her that isn't healthy for sure, i'm intrigued to see where they take her in s4).
Old 05-20-2016, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

I'm feeling a little bit better about the episode, but still feel a little weird.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
I'm feeling a little bit better about the episode, but still feel a little weird.
I think it was the expectations and the fact that it was different than usual. It started great, then instead of raising the stakes like it happened in the last season finales, it actually kind of ended on a more hopeful note and withouth a real big bad, just another apocalypse coming and Octavia going dark. So yes, it was kind of weird, not bad, just strange for this show
Old 05-20-2016, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can we take the Octavia discussing to the Octavia thread?

Because, you know, it started out as related to Bellarke and then became deep into Octavia. And I'd love to talk about Octavia some more But don't want to go too much OT here

And now don't say no on me, discuss Octavia with Me
Old 05-20-2016, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 05-20-2016, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Yea, it didn't feel like a finale to The 100.

It wasn't bad, just not really what the show usually is like.

^Yea, yes I am. I am very bitter.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessystorm (View Post)
I think it was the expectations and the fact that it was different than usual. It started great, then instead of raising the stakes like it happened in the last season finales, it actually kind of ended on a more hopeful note and withouth a real big bad, just another apocalypse coming and Octavia going dark. So yes, it was kind of weird, not bad, just strange for this show
Agreed, it was just weird/odd and not really finale-like. At least not what we're used to, on this show.

Okay Paula.

Quote:
things i will never get over: bellamy blake using his own trauma and torture to make clarke smile and redefining the definition of love
X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-20-2016, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessystorm (View Post)
True but i have an hard time to put Octavia's going to the dark side on him since i believe in free will and in making your own choices. Basically everyone said to her to NOT kill Pike, that revenge and anger wasn't the solution and she still did that. It was her choice and it's time she's going to be own accountable for her own actions (and if you think about it's all season she's doing questionable things, beating up Indra, beating up her chained brother and now killing Pike...there is this anger inside of her that isn't healthy for sure, i'm intrigued to see where they take her in s4).
Sorry, I was probably incoherent . I did not mean to imply that O's ridiculous behavior was all on him (or on him at all for that matter), that is ALL her. I just meant in general he feels the weight of his decisions, takes responsibility for his actions, is tormented by past decisions...
at least since he's come out of his Let's-follow-Pike-cause-I'm-really hurt-and-someone-needs-to-pay-phase.

Octavia has had me shout at the screen many times this season (and before actually ). Her stupid move (stabbing Pike) speeding up the invasion of the throne room made me

ETA: sorry Paula, you are absolutely right. All this Octavia stuff is totally OT (and I don't even like her, dunno what's gotten into me)

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 05-20-2016, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Old 05-20-2016, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOVE that, Lee.

The hands are the main thing keeping me hopeful right now:

Quote:
I cannot believe this. This is the most scared she was in the entire episode.
She put her head down, scared out of her mind, and blindly reached her shaking hand out, seeking his comfort. And as soon as her fingers outstretched, he immediately took her hand, no hesitation, decisively, firmly, and squeezed it. Look how he LOOKED AT HER. Like, “I’m with you. And you’ve got this.”

And she wasn’t really scared for the rest of the episode after that.
X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-20-2016, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oops.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-20-2016, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Same, the hand holding is the only thing keeping me going.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, reblogging every version of it.

Quote:
#DID YOU ****ING SEE THIS #she was ****ing trembling #clarke griffin was ****ing afraid #AND WHAT’S THE FIRST THING SHE DOES #she reaches for bellamy blake #these two are killing me #she literally seeked him out #to give her courage #cause bellamy blake is not only her greatest weakness #BUT ALSO her greatest strenght #she reached out for him #knowing already that he will be there #that he will catch her #like he always does #look at bellamy also reaching for her without hesitation and so soflty #before covering her whole hand with his #i am not ok #i will never be ok #clarke griffin needs bellamy’s blakes touch #i am out
+

Goodbye.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won