Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-14-2016, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ana wow ... you don't have the best luck with ships too ay? I feel you there. Well, it's looking good on the Bellarke front at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy11 (View Post)
TFTNT!

I honestly always ship some couple from some shows, I have ships all over the place
But Bellarke is very special, it's so well-written, from the start in season 1 when Bellamy was getting nervous touching Clarke (when showing her how to hold the gun) and all the flirty looks between them and then how they manage to intertwine their storylines... It's just beautiful to watch. It's a slow-burn, there were other lovers on the road but they'll always end up together. They're drawn to each other.

Omg that quote Sarah posted (on page 1), I love this part so much

Love that. It's not been an easy road for them by any means, but they've forged through and did it together and I hope these silly duo finally realised that they should never ever be apart again. And I don't think any of Clarke's love interests even came close to having the connection she has with Bellamy.

Haha April ... happy tumbling into your fic then. Might hit you up for a complete list of fics for me to read over the break, once the season's done. And thanks for reblogging this great GIFset on Tumblr ... picked my favourite ones:

+

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

my ships have been working out lately. lets hope the streak continues!

also I'm pretty fumed right now but i will still try to get to the arts.

april i cant believe you are still up girl!
Old 05-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be more than happy to share fic recs once I get them all compiled. As you know, they'll be nothing short of Mature, of course, and many will be Explicit.

ETA: I know, Alexa, it's not healthy!
ICON
Old 05-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
my ships have been working out lately. lets hope the streak continues!
I used to have pretty good luck but it alas has ended. What other shows/ships do you love BTW?

Quote:
As you know, they'll be nothing short of Mature, of course, and many will be Explicit.
PERFECT. Just the way I like them.

This is us right now:

+

(love finding my folder of reaction GIFs)

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Reaction gifs more accurately convey my feelings than actual words do at this point.

THIS IS SO PRETTY BUT WAY TOO BIG TO POST

ICON
Old 05-14-2016, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

its really not! but I'm one to talk. I'm still up and i haven't even started the arts yet and i plan to be up for like 4 more hours at least.

and i have plans tomorrow. I'm dreading. i want to cancel!

Last edited by Alexa; 05-14-2016 at 01:04 AM
Old 05-14-2016, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

April, that art is GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
its really not! but I'm one to talk. I'm still up and i haven't even started the arts yet and i plan to be up for like 4 more hours at least.

and i have plans tomorrow. I'm dreading. i want to cancel!
LMAO we're all so far gone.

Next week will be all:

+

+

Not ready for all the deaths next week ... it's not a season finale of the 100 without a high death count, at this point.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone!

I think what i love the most about Bellarke is that they don't need to be together to have this amazing connection. Clarke has always trusted Bellamy more than anyone else and Bellamy has always been more devoted to Clarke than anybody else. Maybe it isn't romantic yet, but that's a very special bond if you ask me. Not all the most epic love stories are about two lovers.

There is also a great debate about Clarke loving Bellamy more than her mother etc. but for me that's not the point. She loves them both deeply, simply, Bellamy is Clarke's biggest weakness because of what he represents to her. When she looks at her mother she sees love, but also betrayal and death because she will always be the one who was responsible for her father's death. When she looks at Bellamy she sees hope, forgiveness, the purest of love. When she told him they had to be together to succeed she meant that, when she told him she trusted him with her life she meant that. He's her pillar, the one she knows will always be there for her, no matter what. He's her biggest weakness not because she loves him more than her own mother, but because of what he represents to her.

Also i want to add that it wasn't necessary for them to imply that Bellamy is her biggest weakness since at the end they went with torturing Abby, so plot wise that information wasn't necessary. But they probably did that to show the audience that no matter how it can seem sometimes that their relationship is one sided because Clarke is more reserved and Bellamy wears his heart on his sleeves, is not. They BOTH care about each other deeply.
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What other shows/ships do you love BTW?
oh sarah, you dont even want to know, trust me. this would take years.

I've seen like every single show out there honestly. i should be ashamed of how many tv series I've watched and i have at least 1 ship for all of them.

but currently my favorites are lucas/maya (girl meets world), bellarke, duh, lydia/stiles (teen wolf), stefan/caroline (vpd), emma/dylan (bates motel), harvey/donna, felicity/oliver, jude/zero... omg so many more.

all time favs would be rory/jess, damon/elena, lucas/peyton, jack/kate, freddie/effy, mac/jericho, annie/liam, dan/blair, michael/sara, jim/pam... so so so many more!
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, guys, I almost fell asleep on the couch just now. That's a sign that I finally have to drop. This is just insanity at this point.

Goodnight!
ICON
Old 05-14-2016, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Goodnight April! Get some rest! see you tomorrow

My die list (who i want)
Roan (if not already), Jaha, Abby, maybe Jasper, uhhhh OH PIKE, DEFINITELY PIKE.

thats what i want.

but Monty or Raven could die too... :nervous:

Quote:
Also i want to add that it wasn't necessary for them to imply that Bellamy is her biggest weakness since at the end they went with torturing Abby, so plot wise that information wasn't necessary.
THISSSSS.

HI JESSY
Old 05-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What other shows/ships do you love BTW?
Too many
Ships (i have included even the past shows): Oliver/Felicity (Arrow), Donna/Harvey (Suits), Dylan/Emma Alex/Norma (Bates Motel), Cassie/Cole (12 Monkeys), Vanessa/Ethan (Penny Dreadful), Matt/Karen (Daredevil), Hook/Emma (Once Upon a Time), Lucifer/Chloe (Lucifer), Kurt/Jane (Blindspot), Nathan/Audrey (Haven), Galavant/Isabella Madalena/Gareth Richard/Roberta (Galavant), Peter/Olivia (Fringe), Chuck/Sara (Chuck), Mulder/Scully (The X-Files), Lee/Kara (Battlestar Galactica), Shawn/Juliet (Psych)
Other shows where i don't have a ship: Supernatural, Game of Thrones, The Expanse, Vikings, Colony.

Yep, i'm a show junkey However for some of these ones i'm just a shipper friendly, not completely obsessed. At the moment i'm mostly obsessed with Bellarke and Olicity.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessystorm (View Post)
Hi everyone!

I think what i love the most about Bellarke is that they don't need to be together to have this amazing connection. Clarke has always trusted Bellamy more than anyone else and Bellamy has always been more devoted to Clarke than anybody else. Maybe it isn't romantic yet, but that's a very special bond if you ask me. Not all the most epic love stories are about two lovers.

There is also a great debate about Clarke loving Bellamy more than her mother etc. but for me that's not the point. She loves them both deeply, simply, Bellamy is Clarke's biggest weakness because of what he represents to her. When she looks at her mother she sees love, but also betrayal and death because she will always be the one who was responsible for her father's death. When she looks at Bellamy she sees hope, forgiveness, the purest of love. When she told him they had to be together to succeed she meant that, when she told him she trusted him with her life she meant that. He's her pillar, the one she knows will always be there for her, no matter what. He's her biggest weakness not because she loves him more than her own mother, but because of what he represents to her.

Also i want to add that it wasn't necessary for them to imply that Bellamy is her biggest weakness since at the end they went with torturing Abby, so plot wise that information wasn't necessary. But they probably did that to show the audience that no matter how it can seem sometimes that their relationship is one sided because Clarke is more reserved and Bellamy wears his heart on his sleeves, is not. They BOTH care about each other deeply.
As always Jessy, just amazing. Bolded my favourite bits because that's how I roll.

Also important is that the love she feels for Bellamy is a different kind of love that she has for her mother (familial love) whereas the way she loves Bellamy is not quite defined yet but definitely veers away from familial love because you don't treat a sibling that way. And like you said, he represents something very different to Clarke because she sees the good in him and that he has the capability to be SO much, whereas she'll always love her mother but will always be reminded that she indirectly caused her father's death which she can never take back ... no matter how much she wants to.

That was such a pivotal moment because like you said, it ultimately didn't pan out so there was no need for the "Start with Bellamy" line unless it was just to show much Bellamy was Clarke's weakness. And the fact that ALIE decided to torture Bellamy over Abby is also telling. They're building towards something and that excites me to no end.

Quote:
oh sarah, you dont even want to know, trust me. this would take years.

I've seen like every single show out there honestly. i should be ashamed of how many tv series I've watched and i have at least 1 ship for all of them.

but currently my favorites are lucas/maya (girl meets world), bellarke, duh, lydia/stiles (teen wolf), stefan/caroline (vpd), emma/dylan (bates motel), harvey/donna, felicity/oliver, jude/zero... omg so many more.

all time favs would be rory/jess, damon/elena, lucas/peyton, jack/kate, freddie/effy, mac/jericho, annie/liam, dan/blair, michael/sara, jim/pam... so so so many more!
Oh wow that's a lot of ships! I don't even watch most of those shows but I do love Suits and Harvey/Donna, Rory/Jess ( ), DAN/BLAIR YAS , Michael/Sara and Jim/Pam so that's pretty awesome that we have the same ships for those that I do watch.

Alexa, you don't like Roan though?? I want him to survive ... okay with Jasper dying and Jaha but NO ONE ELSE OK. I think Bryan is a goner though. Indra!! Please no ... but I'm unsure if she'll make it.

I mean though, is this not Bellarke to a tee?

Quote:
oh god but like. the best ships are the ones where they’ve been shown to work great as a team. where the characters balance each other out without eclipsing the other person but, instead, bring out the best in each other to get a job done or fix a problem. if i die young bury me in mutually beneficial partnerships
+

ETA: Goodnight April!

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 05-14-2016 at 01:22 AM
Old 05-14-2016, 01:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Goodnight April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Also important is that the love she feels for Bellamy is a different kind of love that she has for her mother (familial love) whereas the way she loves Bellamy is not quite defined yet but definitely veers away from familial love because you don't treat a sibling that way.
True. It's actually the same for Bellamy with Octavia and Clarke btw. They are both important to him, he loves both of them, but their relationships are different. When he looks at Octavia he sees his baby sister, the one he has always sworn to protect. When he looks at Clarke he sees light and hope, a person who sees the best in him and will love him no matter what. However in Bellamy's case, i think Octavia will always be his biggest weakness because of the responsability he has always felt toward her (but Clarke comes close second for sure). I think actually that Octavia and Clarke are more similar in this case, because even if Octavia loves her brother, she looks at Bellamy now and sees Lincoln's death, exactly like Clarke looks at her mother and see her father's death. Lincoln was Octavia's pillar, her home, that doesn't mean she loved him more than her brother, but simply that he represented something different for her (did i just compared Lincoln/Octavia to Bellamy/Clarke? yes i did ).
Old 05-14-2016, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG THISSS.

SO PRETTY.

also this too.

babiesss.

and yeah Sarah I said it before but Ive never seen a duo work so well together and encourage each other the way these two do.

oH, I forgot to add John/Cam to my list from Terminator, which I am watching right now.