Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Susan.

Yup, it sucks but as April (or someone else) brought up before, it would have been even worse if they were together for 6 years and we couldn't see any part of it (apart from flashbacks). So as painful as it is for them to be separated for that long, it was the right decision on TPTB's part as well (IMO). Plus it'll make for a super emotional/intense reunion when it does happen.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Sarah

I would have to agree too. I want to see all of their scenes if/when they are together. Don't want to miss a moment.

OMG the reunion! I can guarantee that I will be squealing when it comes, the world around me will stop.

Last edited by snoopy4839; 04-14-2018 at 08:24 AM Reason: ETA
Old 04-14-2018, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is so accurate, it hurts.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so based on what I’m hearing, Quotes section is the most obvious goner. It could be hosted off-site, but idk if that’s even necessary?

And on the flip side, most people seem pretty adamant that the shipper list and testimonials stay in. Seems like everyone is on board with making the testimonials look prettier.

Seems like we’re all good with the Past Titles/Thread Links the way Kate set it up. Thanks again for all the hard work on that, Kate.

Seems the consensus is to cut down to the top 5 moments banners for each season and to weed out the outdated future titles.

A Reviews/Articles Section could be very neat and tidy. There are a couple articles linked in the OP of the Clarke thread and the Jasper thread, I believe. We could be selective with what we put in.

Twitter section seems to be the section we just don’t know what to do with.

I would once again volunteer myself for updating the Music Vids section. I watch a lot. We could do a voting again. You guys could PM me suggestions if you feel really strongly about any videos being included in the vote. I could probably get that going pretty soon.

Maybe we could do the Fanfic Section similar to the Music Vids Section, where we just link directly a few of the big ones or favorites, and then we have an offsite link to a full collection. Those of us who read a lot of fics could collaborate on that any day now. Seems like no one is attached to any book quotes being in the OP.

2 posts . . . I’m not opposed to it, but perhaps we should see if we can get one good post first? The 2 biggest Roswell ship threads are 4 posts. It’s too much.

Beliza . . . I’m kind of like Sarah, because I think of the Beliza stuff as belonging in their thread on Bob’s board. It’s a good idea, though, but that would just be my opinion on it.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 04-14-2018 at 08:37 AM
Old 04-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy4839 (View Post)

I would have to agree too. I want to see all of their scenes if/when they are together. Don't want to miss a moment.

OMG the reunion! I can guarantee that I will be squealing when it comes, the world around me will stop.
Yup, that would be horrible TBH. Glad that we won't miss out on any important moments for them.

Yes, I feel like we'd break FF/the Net when they reunite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Twitter section seems to be the section we just don’t know what to do with.

I would once again volunteer myself for updating the Music Vids section. I watch a lot. We could do a voting again. You guys could PM me suggestions if you feel really strongly about any videos being included in the vote. I could probably get that going pretty soon.

Maybe we could do the Fanfic Section similar to the Music Vids Section, where we just link directly a few of the big ones or favorites, and then we have an offsite link to a full collection. Those of us who read a lot of fics could collaborate on that any day now. Seems like no one is attached to any book quotes being in the OP.
Thanks for summarising, April! Seems about right.

Yup, seems so. Shall we just leave it out then? We have it in the past threads in case we want to add it back later.

Sure, that'll be good if you could run that. We have less videos to include in the bracket (I think) so it wouldn't take too long IMO.

Yup, that sounds good. The fanfic section isn't that cumbersome but that's a good way to cut it down a bit.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks April, I will make my little list of fan fic suggestions soon and send to whoever can check over ones that are same as others. Sorry, not sure how it works.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For the fanfic thread, we could also link some of the "big" authors as well, that way we don't have to necessarily link a bunch of their fics. Maybe highlight one or two of that author. And then the rest, from lesser-known names in fandom, could just be linked directly to the story? Like, for example, Chash has written so much content. We could link directly to the author's page, and then link to two of their biggest fics directly. I guess that might be redundant, though. If someone went to those fics and liked them, they'd probably just check the author's page anyway. What do you all think?

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds good, girls. So maybe we can link to the author's page for the bigger fanfic writers (or those with at least a few popular fics) and then for the "smaller" authors, we can include direct links to those fics which you want to recommend?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, that's what I was thinking. And maybe next to the links for the "big" authors, we just highlight which particular fics from that author we think are worth checking out.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, Sarah, we might have just as many vids as we did last time. I was shocked at how many vids I added to my Bellarke playlist ost-season 4. There we’re just so many coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
For the fanfic thread, we could also link some of the "big" authors as well, that way we don't have to necessarily link a bunch of their fics. Maybe highlight one or two of that author. And then the rest, from lesser-known names in fandom, could just be linked directly to the story? Like, for example, Chash has written so much content. We could link directly to the author's page, and then link to two of their biggest fics directly. I guess that might be redundant, though. If someone went to those fics and liked them, they'd probably just check the author's page anyway. What do you all think?
That’s a good idea. Some of them have just written so many.

This may be selfish, but . . . can we link my fic Eventually in the OP?
ICON
Old 04-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was going to definitely nominate it into the OP, anyway.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

That GIF ... too real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
Yep, that's what I was thinking. And maybe next to the links for the "big" authors, we just highlight which particular fics from that author we think are worth checking out.
Sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Oh, Sarah, we might have just as many vids as we did last time. I was shocked at how many vids I added to my Bellarke playlist ost-season 4. There we’re just so many coming out.
Oh really? Maybe I feel like there's less new ones because I haven't been actively searching for them.

Of course, your fic's going to be in there, April.

Ooh, I need to tally up the survivor votes again.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 04-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Fanfic section plan sounds good.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone want to volunteer to be in charge of the fanfic section?

Like I said, I’ll happily be in charge of the vids section if no one objects.
ICON
Old 04-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm opposed to two OPs. I just think it makes the first page really slow. And its harder to open...

I also dont think we need a Beliza section... We can link to the beliza thread and do something there but this is Bellarke... I just see them totally different.

Also how do you feel about getting rid of the wishlist...

Quote:
Alexa, oops I forgot to add the season 4 banners in earlier. #forgetfulbrain It's in now. Would you be able to do the Season 4 Moments header thingy though? I saw that we have it for the first 3 seasons.
I think I made that header too and sent it to you. Let me know if you dont have it I can try to find it.

I could rewrite the testimonials but i dont want to because it would take SO much work. Plus typing them on PS with a pretty font would create more IMGs to put in the op. It just makes more sense to change the font and coding in the Op.

I agree about BC, I'd rather they be apart for 6 years than in the bunker for 6 years and we miss all these moments with them. Plus its gonna make their reunion that much more special.

Quote:
Seems the consensus is to cut down to the top 5 moments banners for each seaso
Well, Id like to keep ALL of the season 4 ones in there until the season 5 ones are made (and when that happens ill only do 5) but i put a lot of work into them.... I also dont think it should be 5 per season just because i think some seasons have better moments. So maybe would should just vote on the top 20 moments total. Or top 15 moments TOTAL, not necessarily by season

Oh and for videos what about only having season 4 ones in the op? when season 5 comes, we can do season 5 etc. That way they are updated and recent. You can keep all the old winners on the playlist though.

Why dont we start organize who does what? I can obviously help with the moments section, getting votes, or doing a survivor to determine which banners we keep. I can also maybe fix the testimonials coding unless someone wants to take that on. I liked how sarah had it in the celebration thread she linked, it was much prettier. I can also potentially make some smaller arts depending on what we would want.

Last edited by Alexa; 04-14-2018 at 01:45 PM