Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the quotes can go. We dont really need them except for the future titles list. And there are quotes on the moments banners for their big moments.

We did talk about condensing the arts for the moments. We can maybe link to some of them but then pick the top 15 scenes or keep in there total.

Quote:
Maybe shorten the shipper/support list in one way (no ideas on how, I'm not suggesting to delete names
You can easily link to another page like on LJ or something.

I can still probably make the moments banners, it just takes a lot to get that old computer up. lol. So I just have to have all the caps gathered before I can do it and make sure everything is planned.

Quote:
I’d say no spoiler tags in the OP. That would look kind of funny.
agree, i think that would look trashy...

Also I wouldnt hate to see the testimonials go. We can always use those for celebration threads and stuff but they dont need t be in there all the time. Im all about a simple pretty OP.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally love the testimonials, but then again, this is the best testimonial I’ve ever done. But I do think the writing should be in a smaller/prettier font and color.

And I do love seeing all the names of the shippers, too, so I’m pretty attached to the shipper list.

The arts are probably going to have to be condensed because we’ll have to add season 5 stuff in there. But gosh, they are so pretty!

Sounds like no one so far is opposed to removing the Quotes section, though, at least. How attached are we to the Twitter section?
ICON
Old 04-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not attached to quotes or Twitter.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Whatever you think works better. Since I'm super new here, I feel like I shouldn't have an opinion on this.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm still kinda new but I like the twitter stuff.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Uh even though, you're new. your opinion still matters. You belong here.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't make fanarts but make whatever, whenever you can. (we do have mel who is like queen. sorry for dragging you.)

I think it’s a great idea to move stuff to another website. I just don’t think livejournal is a good idea mostly because I don’t think anybody used it anymore.

Not attached to twitter, but maybe to the quotes. I'm fine with whatever that we come up with.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Maybe we could make a tumblr to store the stuff we're deleting?
Old 04-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We just have to make sure that someone (or maybe two people) have access to it, if it needs to be updated in the future. But hosting some stuff offsite is a great idea.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 04-13-2018, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, just looking through everything, here’s my two cents. Or more than two, but you know.

Need a new fanfic section, one that can be updated frequently.
I’m not super attached to the book quote beneath the current fanfic links, mainly because book Bellarke isn’t really OUR Bellarke.

Twitter section . . . I’m on the fence.

Testimonials help personalize the thread and really make it OURS. But they could be more visually appealing.

Vids look good, but we could do a new voting if we wanted to add in more vid links. Everything we have in there now is pre-season 4.

I think we should narrow it down to 5 moments banners per season. Season 1 has 5, But season 2 has 6 and season 3 has 10. We should definitely add in the season 4 ones. I believe you made those already, right, Alexa?

We could either take out or redo the Bellarke soundtrack I spontaneously made that one night.

Quotes is the section I’m least attached to. I actually think a Reviews or Articles section might be better? With links to Bellarke-centric or Bellarke positive recaps and reviews?

That Future Titles list has gotten really long. Should we condense it? Some of them are kind of outdated.
ICON
Old 04-13-2018, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont like the twitter chatter only because, its not really even updated is it? If we updated it constantly I would be happier with it. But that is a lot of work.

People dont use LJ anymore, but its easy to link lists over there. Its not like it really goes away ya know? I still have some links over there from other OPs. It's easy enough to update too and we can even create a Bellarke LJ that multiple people have the password too. Just an idea! Id be fine with adding future titles over there as well.

I did make the season 4 banners so I am not sure what happened, I thought that Sarah added those in a while ago?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the comments, girls!

Mel, what Adie said. You're still entitled to give your views here even if you're relatively new here. We welcome all ideas here, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think we likely will. Maybe one of the reviews will have a good potential title.
Yup, that'll be good. Actually there's some good stuff said in ConaGeddon so far but it's mildly spoilerish so that's why it's not included in the Future Titles list, at least IMO.

I'm for the testimonials staying actually. They help personalise the OP. I do agree that we can pretty that part up somehow?

Maybe we can ask Adie for a special GIFset as well? Or Kate/Paula?

Alexa, oops I forgot to add the season 4 banners in earlier. #forgetfulbrain It's in now. Would you be able to do the Season 4 Moments header thingy though? I saw that we have it for the first 3 seasons.

I'm really not attached to the Twitter Chatter or Quotes section, but I feel like the others should be kept in somehow, but maybe condensed.

Are you guys opposed to doing two posts for the OP? That's how a lot of shipper threads do it since it does tend to get long over time.

I can help to put together the celebration OP again but if you guys can help with updating parts of the OP itself, that'll be helpful.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 AM
Elite Fan

Since we're throwing out opinions, here is mine:

1. testimonials I would like to keep (even though I never wrote one for this OP ) because otherwise it is too impersonal, like April and Sarah said
2. quotes, I am not attached at all, keep the best ones and move them to
3. future titles section, which needs to be weeded out (to get rid of outdated stuff)
3. twitter section, not particularly attached, since we don't really maintain it? (or I missed that we update it, in that case, sorry )
4. I am slightly wary of hosting stuff off-site but mainly because I'm worried no one will take care of it and we'll end up with broken links and outdated lists etc. #changemymind
5. previous threads I actually like it like this (and not because I put in the effort) and it is easy to update for every thread opener
6. moments I agree with April, limit it to maybe 5 per season?
7. shipper list keep in
8. two OP posts not hard core opposed but I kinda like having one OP better, I think
9. vids needs to be updated, but I like having one featured and links to the rest (a playlist on YT for all our faves?)
10. Reviews and articles a good idea, but also requires a fair bit of maintenance

I might have forgotten stuff

ETA 11. Fanfic section Make categories (few if possible) and just have the links in there, so it won't take up too much space. Anything book-related can go imo

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 04-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

1. Testimonials we should keep. I need to write one to add.
2. Keep some quotes, move the rest if there's a lot.
3. Update it.
4. I'd like to keep it just because it's not something ever shipper OP gets to have.
5. Keep links for old threads.
6. Do like the Top 5.
7. Shipper list keep.
8. I'm fine with a 2 post OP, if there's enough material for it.
9. Just have a few good old ones and good new ones. Can move the rest.
10. Reviews and articles that are more recent keep. Others can be moved.
11. I don't really an opinion on Fanfiction section.

Question: Do we want to have a section for Beliza stuff?

https://bellarkegifsdaily.tumblr.com...omething-great
Old 04-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, girls.

1. Yup, both Kates ... maybe you girls can write up something for the testimonials and whoever that wants to add/update their testimonials can do that as well.

2. I'm okay with keeping some quotes, but really not attached to this at all. Maybe if we do an off-site link, this can be added there too.

3. I weeded out some future titles when I updated the OP but I had a quick look-see and I agree that some of it should be removed too.

4. Not attached to the Twitter section either but yes, if we keep it, we need to update that since there's been some new stuff and we haven't updated it in ages.

5. I understand the concerns on hosting some stuff off-site but as long as it doesn't involve images (just text), it shouldn't be TOO difficult to maintain? I suggest setting up a new Tumblr for that purpose, which a few of us can then maintain.

6. The previous threads format right now looks good, I say that we don't need to change it.

7. I agree with the top 5 moments for each season. Maybe we can link back to the previous Bellarke threads for all the moments (banners)? Either Lisa and me can make sure that the link work properly.

8. I agree to keep the shipper list in.

9. I'm fine with the current video layout, it doesn't take too much room. But maybe we can do a new video voting bracket, since these were selected before season 4 started.

10. I'm fine with two OPs too but I think that should be the absolute maximum. I've seen some OPs with more than that and I personally feel that it's too much. I do feel like this is a good alternative since it segregates the stuff that we want to keep in each OP.

11. Reviews/articles are great but yes, that needs to be maintained. Maybe in the Tumblr page if we decide to create that?

12. As for fanfic links, yeah can we do like a fanfic listing which is separately maintained? Then we can condense that section a bit. Or it can even go into our fanfic thread, but we need to dust that one off.

13. I really feel like we should remove the Bellarke book stuff in the OP too, since most of us don't even read the books.

Love that set, Kate.

Quote:
Question: Do we want to have a section for Beliza stuff?
I'd rather not (unless we do two OPs?), we already have a Beliza thread on Bob's board which we can link to, if need be.

Sharing this lovely art :

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

^ Love that art!
Aww, sucks that they weren't together in those 6 years.

Yeah I'm very new here so I trust you all that you'll make the new OP the best yet!