New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 11:27 AM
head and the heart

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

I was just thinking the same about that being perfect for a title, April. Sapril.

I'm inclined to agree. Of course, part of me was hoping to get some confession before they were separated but honestly, the finale was so Bellarke-heavy and only served to highlight their connection to one another that I'm really not disappointed by how it played out.

Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
Old 08-05-2017, 11:44 AM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I think the finale was the most Bellarke-heavy episode of all time, tbh. Maybe that's why it's my favorite!

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 08-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Love this title

Old 08-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great vid ... Thanks
Old 08-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

Steph! (I just referenced your husband on Bob's board. )
Oh my gosh, I haven't been on there in so long, but I love that you did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Glad to hear. Are the girls excited already about seeing their new brother/sister soon?
We have about 6 more months, but they are really excited.

I didn't mind not getting a verbal confession; their actions show so much more than words.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was hoping for a bit more for BC in season 4, but I shouldn't expect much from this show in the romantic department i guess....
Old 08-05-2017, 05:59 PM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

"Blinded" is one of the vids I put on my Bellarke playlist after 4x13. And I'm picky with vids.

I feel like I got what I was hoping for, realistically. Except a forehead kiss. Still waiting on one of those.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 08-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

its too choppy for me.

Realistically, sure. But thats not saying much because I dont expect a lot from this show tbh. (in terms of BC's development)

I just feel like, while they have progressed through the seasons and gotten deeper, its almost been TOO subtle. I think romantic moments could be interpreted but I can still understand why/how people can consider them platonic. We just haven't gotten enough progression. I just dont know if I trust that the show is ever going to go there. In fact at this point Ive kind of accepted that it wont. and I am trying to be okay with that because the bond that BC have is so deep regardless, but still. My selfish shipper side is bummed.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 PM
head and the heart

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

I'll post more later since I'm still out but just dropping off these awesome Bellarke posters ... this artmaker is my favorite one right now. Her stuff are amazing.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:31 PM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Alexa, you're saying you think the season was choppy? See, I thought it was really cohesive. (I'm such a freakin' season four stan at this point. My friend is, too. It's her favorite season, too. It's the first season she's gotten to watch live.)

And see, to me, the subtlety of Bellarke . . . I adore it; it all adds to that slow burn and makes the ship so unique. But I do understand why . . . no, you know what? I really don't understand how anyone interprets it as platonic, if I'm being honest. I mean, I can respect it, but I sure as hell don't understand it. I'm so far past understanding that at this point.

Sarah, those are all new to me! Well, except the Clarke one, I think. But yeah, the other three are new to me. I love the last one especially.

I still think the slogan or whatever on the Season 5 poster should be "We Meet Again" and I would die if it was. Wouldn't that just be perfect? I mean, it applies to more than just Bellarke. I really do think it would be a good slogan.

The Bellarke Fan Fiction Awards got cancelled. I was hoping to get some good fic recs from that.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 08-06-2017, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

awesome posters!

No, I'm saying the video was choppy. i agree that the season was cohesive.

Do you think your love for S4 has to do with BC though? At least partly? Cuz I was thinking about it the other day and usually when my favorite ship on a show interacts a lot that season tends to be my favorite for partly that reason but on this show season 2 is actually my favorite and thats funny because thats when CL was happening and BC really didnt get a whole lot of stuff.

Quote:
And see, to me, the subtlety of Bellarke . . . I adore it; it all adds to that slow burn and makes the ship so unique. But I do understand why . . . no, you know what? I really don't understand how anyone interprets it as platonic, if I'm being honest. I mean, I can respect it, but I sure as hell don't understand it. I'm so far past understanding that at this point.
I appreciate it too. If it pays off to be romantic in the end then I will REALLY appreciate it. And even if it doesnt turn romantic I can still appreciate it for being a partnership.

The second part of what you said though, I dont know. I can see how people see it as platonic if they don't have any romantic feelings towards them in their gut because thats how the scenes have gone. I mean, saying you miss someone and hugging someone etc, can easily be platonic. But we, as shippers, can see there is something deeper there, so all those scenes in our minds are definitely romantic in some capacity.

I don't know fi that makes any sense.

I'm not saying that shippers are seeing what they want to see, but I'm saying that a lot of BC's scenes are interpretive. Meaning people will take them in different ways.

I kind of see it similar to like, Kane and Abby for example. Before they kissed I would aha said they were platonic too and I didnt really notice a romantic spark that big there until they actually happened on screen. But now, its more than obvious that there was something building. The same could go for BC in my eyes.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:27 AM
head and the heart

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

Thanks for the video, Juliana. I need to watch that one, too.

Quote:
I think the finale was the most Bellarke-heavy episode of all time, tbh. Maybe that's why it's my favorite!
I'm not sure if I think that it's the most Bellarke-heavy episode since there's been a few which focused on their dynamic/relationship (3 ****ing X02 ... Day Trip, Remember Me, Nevermore, Join or Die, 3X15 come to mind too) but it's definitely one of the core ones. I do think that it was the most Bellarke-heavy episode in terms of finales though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
I didn't mind not getting a verbal confession; their actions show so much more than words.
They really do. (even if I still wanted that confession )

Quote:

Sarah, those are all new to me! Well, except the Clarke one, I think. But yeah, the other three are new to me. I love the last one especially.

I still think the slogan or whatever on the Season 5 poster should be "We Meet Again" and I would die if it was. Wouldn't that just be perfect? I mean, it applies to more than just Bellarke. I really do think it would be a good slogan.

The Bellarke Fan Fiction Awards got cancelled. I was hoping to get some good fic recs from that.
I can understand both perspectives ... to me, a lot of Bellarke moments/scenes can be interpreted by casual viewers as platonic, though I don't. Obviously. But then, you get all these scenes with romantic undertones ... like RavALIE commenting on Bellamy's devotion to Clarke. Why would they do that if it's clearly meant to be platonic? Or when Clarke basically said that she canonically loves Bellamy because "love is weakness" or ALIE knowing that she could use Bellamy (over her own mother) to break Clarke. These obviously are meant to be read in a different way, by viewers IMO and are included for a reason.

That would be a PERFECT Season 5 poster but honestly, TPTB sucks so hard in that department so it ain't happening.

Oh no, why? I usually save up some fic recommendations from there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I kind of see it similar to like, Kane and Abby for example. Before they kissed I would aha said they were platonic too and I didnt really notice a romantic spark that big there until they actually happened on screen. But now, its more than obvious that there was something building. The same could go for BC in my eyes.
That's interesting, never thought about it that way but I do think that you have a point there. And moreso, since there's a few Bellarke/Kabby parallels in terms of their background, journey on the Ground, overall relationship too.

I still think that there was something ... cinematic about this line and scene. I just love it so much.

Quote:
Bellamy, if you can hear me, you’re alive. It’s been 2,199 days since Praimfaya. I don’t know why I still do this every day. Maybe it’s my way of staying sane, not forgetting who I am who I was. It’s been safe for you to come down for over a year now. Why haven’t you? The bunker’s gone silent, too. We tried digging them out for a while, but there was too much rubble. I haven’t made contact with them, either. Anyway, I still have hope. Tell Raven to aim for the one spot of green, and you’ll find me. The rest of the planet, from what I’ve seen, basically sucks, so…
X

Last edited by pretty lies; 08-06-2017 at 06:34 AM
Old 08-06-2017, 11:08 AM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I mean, every relationship is interpretive. Even the so-called "canon" ones.

But with the way it's filmed and stuff, the directorial and editing choices that have been made . . . like I said, I don't really understand the platonic interpretation because I just interpret it so differently, but I respect it.

I think BC will always influence how much I like a season (or how much I like an episode), but I really just like season four in general. I love the Blakes stuff, the Murphy stuff, the Raven stuff, the Kane stuff, and even the Octavia stuff, as brutal as it was. Ooh, and Jasper, even though his ending was tragic. So yeah, all my favorite characters in addition to Bellamy and Clarke had storylines I enjoyed and was moved by. And I thought the threat of Praimfaya was something different, and I honestly didn't know how they were going to overcome it. And many of them . . . didn't.

It probably helps that 4x10-4x13 is my favorite stretch of episodes in the entire show, too.

Okay, you're right, Sarah, there are a couple other episodes that are equally as Bellarke-heavy. I'd say 3x02 and 1x08 out of the ones you mentioned.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 08-06-2017, 05:43 PM
head and the heart

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

The directorial and filming choices are certainly interesting. As is the fact that Bellarke are the only non "canon" pairing which consistently gets a song on the show's soundtrack. These are all deliberate choices made by TPTB but also, they've been smart not to go overboard in a sense so if for whatever reason they decide not to go there with BC, they can use that as a reason and say that shippers interpret it in a different way as them. Just how I see it anyway.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:05 PM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I mean, the fades alone . . . you know how I can go on and on about those fades, though.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top