Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Ha! I met and talked to that girl in the Bellarke shirt in that pic.

I wore a Bellarke collage shirt today, and guess what? ELIZA SAID SHE LIKED IT. I was a bit surprised, but happy. I'm gonna wear a different Bellarke shirt for my photo with her tomorrow. I got a selfie with her, too, which is pretty cool. She looked beautiful (god, I can never get over how tiny she is). I love her hair and her AC/DC shirt.

You know what? The panel went REALLY well. Probably one of the best panels I've ever seen Eliza do? I ended up asking a different question than I intended. First, I asked a silly one about if she was going to have to learn to drive the rover now. And then I said that season four was my favorite and that the finale was my favorite episode. I told her one of my favorite scenes was the head and the heart conversation, and then I asked if she thinks we might see a change next season with Clarke being more heart-driven in her approach to life and Bellamy using his head more. She said she doesn't know, of course, but that we could and she hopes Bellamy listened to her.

It was cute. When there was a little Bellamy cosplayer at the question mic, she goes, "There's my Bellamy!"

I appreciated that when the "Who would you bring back from the dead?" question was inevitably asked, she didn't just say Lexa. She actually answered Luna first, and then she said Jasper at the end. JASPER! (Now if we can just get someone to remember Lincoln!)

This poor woman behind me didn't know Bob wasn't there until she actually sat down in the panel room before it started, and she was like, "What? He's not here? What the **** am I doing here then?" Not gonna lie, there were a lot of fans here eager to meet Bob, but everyone seemed happy to be able to meet Eliza.

I would say that, while there wasn't necessarily the same happy family fandom vibe as there was in, like, the Buffy panel, I was encouraged that there seemed to be less tension among people than there was last year. Last year was a good panel, too, but you didn't speak to someone unless they had your ship on their shirt. It was a bit more mellow this time.

A little insight: When I went and got my autograph with Eliza today, I told her I think she does the most conventions out of everyone in the cast and that it's so thoughtful of her, and she was very modest and said she doesn't think she does as many as some of the others. Then she admitted that she was really nervous to do the panel. She said, "I know a lot of people came for Bob, too, so I hope people aren't disappointed it's just me." I was like, "Eliza, you'll do fine! Don't worry, people are excited!" She did really well. And I think it helped having her little brother here, too. He was totally adorable and even got asked a question!

I'll try to share a couple pics and vids when I can.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
April7739 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Fleimkepa

I'm so relieved to read that report, April! I haven't watched the panel yet (and probably won't be able to until I get home tomorrow), but it seems like she had a good time nonetheless. I'm glad that it was less tense than last year.

Were there a lot of people there for the panel and meeting Eliza in general?

I have all my stuff printed, my Funko and my snapback in my bag. I'm heading out really early tomorrow for my drive down to Sac.

BTW, you have a PM.

I am become d e a t h
ejtadckc

amelia | icon | Diana's birthday twin
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

There were a good number for the panel. It was one of the later ones in the day, so there weren't as many people as the prior two panels. (Well, and the prior two were Kate Beckinsale and then 4 Buffy cast members -- both of which were also very good panels.)

Eliza's panel was very pleasant and good-spirited. She made all of us laugh a lot. I think she felt at ease with her brother. He even came up on stage and sat with her--God, it was so depressing seeing Bob's empty chair, so I was so happy when her brother sat in it. They hugged each other at one point. So cute. She came down off the stage and hugged a fan who expressed how grateful she was to have met her. Really sweet moments.

She got a little confused with the word "antagonist." And someone stumped her when they asked her favorite AC/DC song. She was like, "I just like the shirt!"

I have a photo of these Bellamy, Clarke, and Octavia cosplayers. They looked really young, but they were cute, too.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 06-18-2017, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

April, so relieved/glad to hear that the convention has gone smoothly so far. Aww, that's a sweet account of meeting Eliza. Yeah, since it was last minute, I'm not surprised that she was a bit nervous about doing the panel alone but I'm glad that it all went well.

Have fun tomorrow, April and Amelia. Are you guys meeting up there?

Quote:
It was cute. When there was a little Bellamy cosplayer at the question mic, she goes, "There's my Bellamy!"
Aww, cute. I saw a picture that she took with Clarke/Octavia cosplayers too.

Commenting more later, got to run. Crazy *** day.
but you will be wrong
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread
pretty lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Yep, our plan is to meet up! I'm excited!

I'll also be getting my photo with Eliza tomorrow, so that will be nice.

You know, even though I missed out on Bob twice--god, that really is some cruel and unusual punishment. Maybe I'm just enduring some bad karma or just don't deserve it--but I have had the pleasure of meeting Eliza at not only one but two of these conventions. I got to talk to her a little more this time. It was nice.

I am so excited for Amelia to get to meet her tomorrow!

My friend told her that the season four finale is her favorite and that the fourth season was her favorite, and Eliza was like, "Mine, too." I think that's a good thing, too, because Clarke was not always at her most likable in this season. She made some really questionable choices. So I think Eliza enjoyed portraying those storylines, much like Bob did with all that tricky material in season three.

Off topic, but the Buffy presence at this convention has been LIT, James Marsters in particular. The guy consistently had the longest autograph line of anyone besides Kate Beckinsale. And the show is 20 years old!

ETA:

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 06-18-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yep, our plan is to meet up! I'm excited!

You know, even though I missed out on Bob twice--god, that really is some cruel and unusual punishment. Maybe I'm just enduring some bad karma or just don't deserve it--but I have had the pleasure of meeting Eliza at not only one but two of these conventions. I got to talk to her a little more this time. It was nice.

My friend told her that the season four finale is her favorite and that the fourth season was her favorite, and Eliza was like, "Mine, too." I think that's a good thing, too, because Clarke was not always at her most likable in this season. She made some really questionable choices. So I think Eliza enjoyed portraying those storylines, much like Bob did with all that tricky material in season three.
Hope you both have fun.

I can see why. The more complex/difficult character moments are ultimately the more rewarding scenes to portray, even though it may not be so fun for us viewers to watch.

Aww, the cosplayers are too cute. Especially young!Bellamy.

April, so this is one of your questions. We get to hear your voice at least.

but you will be wrong

Last edited by pretty lies; 06-18-2017 at 08:31 AM
Old 06-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

No, that's totally my question, Sarah. Maybe I miscommunicated something.

Uh, I hate the sound of my own voice!

I decided to change my question at last minute because the other one was too long-winded.

This was my other question:

The young-Bellamy cosplayer asked two questions and was the one to get the "There's my Bellamy!" response out of her. Actually, I don't know how young he is. Maybe he's just small. Gotta love the BUNS representation, though.

I'm sure he loved getting this response from her:

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 06-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100
Agent Carter

Ahh nope, I think that I misunderstood your posts in the News and Media thread. I think that you mentioned that the person Eliza hugged wasn't you but I thought that you meant that the questions were also asked by another fan.

It's weird, hearing your own voice.

Also, I like that she said that she liked your Bellarke shirt.
but you will be wrong
Old 06-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Passionate Fan

April, love reading everything! I didn't even know a con was going on right now. Was Bob supposed to be at this one?
Old 06-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

April, I am glad that you're having fun! And that you met Eliza too as well as asking her your questions!

"There's my bellamy!" Ahhhhh, i love that.

Quote:
Was Bob supposed to be at this one?
He was. He had to canceled at the last minute because he got sick with a strep throat.
is like being found with never knowing you were lost.
↳Adie | tumblr | icon
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars Fade (View Post)
April, I am glad that you're having fun! And that you met Eliza too as well as asking her your questions!

"There's my bellamy!" Ahhhhh, i love that.

He was. He had to canceled at the last minute because he got sick with a strep throat.
Oh man! That's going around.

Poor April! I can't believe this is the second time this has happened to you!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Fleimkepa

Hi from me and April! We are at lunch together!

I am become d e a t h
ejtadckc

amelia | icon | Diana's birthday twin
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Oh that is so cool! Have fun!

You with me? Always.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Yes, Steph, this was the one Bob was supposed to be at. Strike two for April! I'm gonna have to keep trying.

And yes, Eliza said he has strep throat.

Had a great lunch with Amelia today! So fun! We'll have some stuff to share with you soon!

ETA: It happened again! When I went to get my photo, Eliza noticed my shirt and was like, "Ooh, that's great!" Then I just went for it and said, "Well, obviously as a Bellarke fan, I enjoy hugs, so can I get one for this pic?" So we hugged in our photo op. So fun, and the pic is actually really cute!

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA

Last edited by April7739; 06-18-2017 at 02:50 PM
Old 06-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Passionate Fan

How cool y'all had lunch together!

Sounds like you're still having an amazing time, April!