Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always appreciate her reviews and how she is an unabashed Bellarke shipper. But someone who isn't a Bellarke shipper can still read her reviews and agree with what's there.
ICON
Old 05-31-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, Selina is a bonafide shipper but also, I think she makes some good points, even taking away the obvious shipper goggles. Even casual fans/reviewers seem to observe that connection between them, it's undeniable at this point.

Slowly catching up now, I'm still behind on the old thread though ... what else is new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think my favorite parallel is actually the "still have hope" one, since it harkened back to my favorite Bellarke moment of the season and one of my favorite Bellarke moments of all time, that list scene. Plus, it's just so important for Clarke to still have that. It's kept her going.

It's in season three that Abby says the "hope is everything" line, right? It's a nice connection with that, too.

I still can't get over the way the show sort of subverted it's own idea that love is weakness, though. I've always thought of it as a strength, and that's . . . that's what I get from that final scene.

This is random, but how do you guys pronounce Bellarke? I've seen some people on YouTube say "Buh-larke," but I always emphasize the Bell. Bell-arke.
I didn't even notice that additional parallel until I saw it GIF-fed on Tumblr. And also throwback to that "I wouldn't even know what to wish for." BC scene in season 1 ... now, he knows what to wish for. And hope kept her going, you can tell that in her face when we see her after the time jump. I'd like to think that Bellamy was partially the reason for that.

I've always thought that it was intended to be subverted. That Lexa was wrong to say that "love is weakness" since multiple characters (including Clarke and Bellamy) have shown that "love is strength" rather than weakness.

I've always pronounced it as Bell-arke too.

X

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

SO MUCH to catch up on! hello my lovely friends

I just came across this this on tumblr and it honestly hurts my heart
I just...there are no words..

x
Old 05-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I pretty much love everything Selina writes

Old 05-31-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Yup, Selina is a bonafide shipper but also, I think she makes some good points, even taking away the obvious shipper goggles. Even casual fans/reviewers seem to observe that connection between them, it's undeniable at this point.
I mean, honestly, anyone who tries to deny the importance of this connection, for both the characters and the show, is just grasping at straws at this point! You dig down deep into the core of this show, and I believe you end up with two characters who both complement and challenge each other, characters who have parallel journeys that somehow still intertwine. And that's Bellamy and Clarke.

Quote:
I've always thought that it was intended to be subverted. That Lexa was wrong to say that "love is weakness" since multiple characters (including Clarke and Bellamy) have shown that "love is strength" rather than weakness.
Yeah, I've always thought so, too! So I know in the aftermath of 4x11 in particular, people were like, "Bellamy is Clarke's weakness," which, in a sense, was true there. But Clarke's feelings for Bellamy gave her strength in that moment, too, strength to rethink and ultimately let go of a decision that, deep down inside, she knew was wrong.

And Bellamy is probably the best example on this entire show about how love is actually a strength, as he loves so whole-heartedly, with every ounce of his soul. (That sounded way over-dramatic, but it's true!)
ICON
Old 05-31-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their connection, whether you see it as potentially romantic or not, is an integral part of the show. Some people don't see that and I cannot understand that ever, but to each their own, I suppose. And it's canonically confirmed by Jason as well that in a sense, this show is about who they are and their dynamics in particular. Each season has been bookended by Bellarke scenes and I believe that is something deliberate.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-31-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Their connection, whether you see it as potentially romantic or not, is an integral part of the show. Some people don't see that and I cannot understand that ever, but to each their own, I suppose.
I don't know, maybe this is me just being impatient with people, but . . . I think anyone who's going to try to claim that Bellarke is not one of the most integral, central, important relationships on the show is just being stubborn at this point. Especially after the finale. I don't care if they ship it or not, but . . . I don't know, to me, it's not that hard to acknowledge that, for four seasons now, Bellamy and Clarke's relationship has been a huge component of the show. And it's a relationship that has affected both of the characters signifcantly.
ICON
Old 06-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed. THeir relationship is hard to ignore. Can't watch a show without either one of them.

I made a gifset and this quote makes sense in my head?!?!?

link to reblog
Old 06-01-2017, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice Adie!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey lovelies.

Lovely GIFset, Adie.

Quote:
I don't know, maybe this is me just being impatient with people, but . . . I think anyone who's going to try to claim that Bellarke is not one of the most integral, central, important relationships on the show is just being stubborn at this point. Especially after the finale. I don't care if they ship it or not, but . . . I don't know, to me, it's not that hard to acknowledge that, for four seasons now, Bellamy and Clarke's relationship has been a huge component of the show. And it's a relationship that has affected both of the characters signifcantly.
For sure, the show would be pretty different without them and I honestly cannot imagine a show without this beautiful dynamic. How beautiful is it that you have this unspoken bond/connection between two people which is so strong that it goes beyond any physical/other relationships that they have with others. I honestly believe that.

Wow, I love this.

X

And is this quote not BC to a tee?

Sometimes you meet someone, and it’s so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you’re in love or you’re partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don’t know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

You guys! I just saw some news that made me squeal out loud!

I know that I was so upset when I heard Bob wouldn't be able to join Eliza for Polariscon and their panel together but I just saw this announced on twitter! This makes me so happy!
I've been dying for Bob and Eliza to do an event/con together

Quote:
Wizard World‏
@WizardWorld
SACRAMENTO! @cwthe100's Bob Morley joins Eliza Taylor in your town in just a few weeks! #The100
Old 06-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's pretty, Adie! I especially love the one that says "the beating of your heart in my chest." I know someone on Tumblr posted that whole, "He left with her head on his shoulders and she remained with his heart in her chest" or something like that, which really wrecked me.

Well, we've made it a week, you guys. I worry this hiatus might kill me. Last night, I dreamt it was over.

I got lost in Bellarke vids last night. I like the song in this one, even if it's pitched.

That quote is definitely BC. And I love those gifs, too, Sarah!

I know we all have other characters that we like and other aspects of the show that we enjoy, but imagine--if you can--some alternate reality where Bellamy and Clarke aren't as close and important to each other as we know they are. Would the show have the same emotional impact to you? (I'm guessing the answer is no. )

ETA: OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! Sacramento! I can make this work! I can do this!
ICON
Old 06-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bringing that over, Rose. Great news.

Quote:

I know we all have other characters that we like and other aspects of the show that we enjoy, but imagine--if you can--some alternate reality where Bellamy and Clarke aren't as close and important to each other as we know they are. Would the show have the same emotional impact to you? (I'm guessing the answer is no. )
Good question! Yup, I would say no. Their shared experiences have led to them having the deep bond and connection that they have forged over four years. Sure, in another less terrible world, they might have been close and maybe they'll have some great moments too but it's what BC have had to go through together, and them understanding the magnitude and impact of their decisions and supporting each other through it, it is what makes BC well ... BC. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Hope that you can go to this one, April.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my god, I'm freaking out. It's in a few weeks! So I would think cancellation is unlikely since they just added him.

You can get an autograph, a photo, a selfie, and a photo with him and Eliza together.

Oh my god, I'm freaking out. Freaking the **** out.

4 people from Buffy are gonna be there, too, and Paul Wesley from TVD.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! This is not close to me at all, but I'm very desperate! At least it's in the states!
ICON
Old 06-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ETA: OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! Sacramento! I can make this work! I can do this!
Quote:
Oh my god, I'm freaking out. It's in a few weeks! So I would think cancellation is unlikely since they just added him.

You can get an autograph, a photo, a selfie, and a photo with him and Eliza together.

Oh my god, I'm freaking out. Freaking the **** out.

4 people from Buffy are gonna be there, too, and Paul Wesley from TVD.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! This is not close to me at all, but I'm very desperate! At least it's in the states!
ahhhhh April, I thought of you when I was posting it! I really, really hope you can go! Why do I have to live on the whole other side of the country