Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ Yeah ! I've just posted about this on Tumblr because I want someone to notice and make a gifset.

Congrats on your 40k April !

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 05-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Knowing this fandom, it'll just be a matter of time.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasskit (View Post)
like seriously, can it move any slower?
No, it can't, but I was feeling content with it anyway, and then after the last episode, I'm more than content; I'm relieved. Clarke in particular is an absolute disaster right now (I mean internally). And their confrontation here, as emotionally significant as it was for them and especially for Clarke . . . it's still not exactly the springboard for kisses.

Margaux, I finally got to read your post.

Bravo! I loved it! I think you and I have really similar interpretations of that scene.

Quote:
To reuse April's words, she chose Bellamy. And ironically, by doing so, she actually chose her humanity.
Beautiful. You took what I said and pushed it even farther. What a beautiful and powerful statement, one I totally agree with.

See, that scene perfectly exemplifies how integral Bellarke is to the story. It's a scene that, yes, is important for the exploration of their relationship and for the exploration of Clarke in particular as a character. Yet it doesn't distract from the plot, because . . . it is the plot. It's not an accessory to a larger storyline; it's a way of putting a storyline on full display.
ICON
Old 05-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Loyal Fan

They're lucky this fandom has the patience of a sloth...since it moves so slow...imagine being a sloth and having a stressful day...
Old 05-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, though . . . if Bellarke moved fast, they wouldn't be the Bellarke we know and love.
ICON
Old 05-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

That's so true, which is why we're still here.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
So I am super emotional right now because I have realized that the last Bellarke scene was a parallel to their first scene.

"Bellamy stop !"

"Stop ! The air could be toxic."

Well Bellamy opened the door each time. It's interesting that Bellamy is the one to open doors and Clarke the one to close them.And you know what else ? This time, the air is actually toxic.
Stop it! This is amazing!
Old 05-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hadn't even though of 4x11 vs. 1x01 with Bellamy opening the door. How interesting!
ICON
Old 05-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So did Bob only do one panel in Ottawa? Do they usually only do one panel?

Old 05-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think we are waiting to do season 4 for the eyesex survivor.... and then after that we can do the face off of all the scenes.

Quote:
Alexa, when are you planning to rewatch?
i dont know, i should this summer but i probably wont get around to it. maybe before season 5!

I'm close to 125 k!
Old 05-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

****, that's a lot of posts, Alexa.

Ah, that makes sense to do it for season four before the face off.
ICON
Old 05-13-2017, 10:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I recently caught up on the last three episodes and I am not feeling great about how they've written Clarke. I honestly feel like I watch this show without 'shipper goggles' for the most part. I love Bellarke, but I'm not really one for reading too much into every single one of their scenes. In saying that, I feel like the first half of this season they were definitely written with a subtle romantic (and a blatant 'meaningful relationship') bent. Clarke was starting to really grow into a shared leadership role with Bellamy and it was great development for both of the characters (not just in terms of their relationship, but individually). They're separated for a few episodes and suddenly it feels like all that's been thrown out the window. There wasn't much meaningful interaction; we've been lead to believe Bellamy and Clarke are a team, and yet she completely shut him out of the plan to take the bunker. A plan that frankly came out of nowhere for Clarke and set her character development back massively imo. The fact that she didn't even talk to him after he was locked up and instead went to cuddle with Niylah irked me massively. It just didn't fit with the relationship they've been building or with her character, at all.

I still want romantic Bellarke to happen, but I also don't want them to sweep Clarke's behaviour under the rug. There's only two episodes left this season and at this point I'm not confident that we'll get any further development of 'romantic Bellarke', right now I just want them to get right with each other before the season ends. I'm growing tired of Clarke's martyr routine, I feel like her actions in the last two episodes prove that she still feels like she needs to make the big decisions on her own, and frankly I was hoping she was starting to move on a bit from that little diddy.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Loyal Fan

It's massively frustrating sometimes because we love these characters, but one thing to remember is that character development is not always positive, and what Clarke is going through in s4b is what Bellamy went through in s3a. For whatever reasons (she had tried peaceful negotiations, to share the bunker with all clans but the grounders wanted war, later a blood sport conclave that she rightfully thought was jeopardising the survival of humanity) she panicked and she reverted back to Dante's: "I bear it (alone), so they don't have to" mentality, instead of sharing her fears with Bellamy, her established co-leader up until that point. Clarke knows she's alone in this, because Bellamy is against that decision and she can't discuss her reasons or rationalise with him so she went to the only person who listens without judgement (although Nyilah did judge a little with her comment, "So many empty beds to choose from. I guess we're not all your people after all"). It was Clarke's way of voicing her reasons out loud, to herself mostly because she knows it was wrong (she even said "now we have to live with being wrong"), but also to the audience so we would better understand her mindset. She mentioned that SkaiKru is the only ones capable of maintaining the bunker systems, which is true. Without them, the bunker system could fail and everyone would die and humanity would be lost. But she almost forgot about her own humanity, in Abby's words: "After everything we've done, do we even deserve to survive?" and in the end she understood. I don't think the writers will sweep it under the rug, instead my feeling is that it will be addressed between them.

Another thing, Bob said (at the Con) that the scene where Clarke was gonna shoot Bellamy was really different on set but they edited it.

Last edited by sasskit; 05-13-2017 at 11:59 PM
Old 05-14-2017, 04:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasskit (View Post)

Another thing, Bob said (at the Con) that the scene where Clarke was gonna shoot Bellamy was really different on set but they edited it.
I have been wondering about that. Are they cutting Bellarke out because they got reewed for a season 5? They made two different ending too.

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 05-14-2017, 04:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
I have been wondering about that. Are they cutting Bellarke out because they got reewed for a season 5? They made two different ending too.
That's what I was thinking...because the scene seemed too clean, too quick, to be the original scene. About the 2 different endings, I would think so - probably the last chapters of the script - one for a series finale and one for a season finale.