Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

I am okay. Always seem to be tired or hungry.... hungry for Bellarke.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelith (View Post)
I feel the same way. SO MUCH I was talking to Sarah and Kate about this before we finished the other thread but I'm getting really salty. I am so hungry for canon bellarke. WE NEED SOMETHING.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
I like clean slates.

X

This reminded me of BC.

Hey everyone !

LEE !!!

So have you seen the news ? Bob and Eliza will both attend the Polaris panel and actually share a panel. Can you believe this ? They will actually answer questions together ! When was the last time this happened ? They are finally promoting Bellarke.

I'm hyped !

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Heyyyy!

Thank you for bringing that over! I was going to share that as well I AM SO SO SO EXCITED AND HAPPY about that! Finally! It's been so long since we've had them sit down and just talk about the show and working with each other. So to have panel with only them? THE LEADS OF THE SHOW? gahhh this makes me so happy

The last one they did in FloridaCon was so much fun to watch! Lots of laughing and joking
Old 03-29-2017, 01:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelith (View Post)
+1 And after this chapter we don't have anything until 26th of April
Old 03-29-2017, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Clarke Griffin in Love

So Clarke is SOOO ****ing in love with Bellamy and here’s why I’m certain now.

I’m gonna look at 3 things that prove to me Clarke is sooooo ****ing in love with

Bellamy and she’s ​fully aware.

1. Her vulnerability

2. Her body language

3. And what she says to Bellamy and about him

[...]

Clarke has consistently been shown as someone who doesn’t consciously process her feelings, or someone else’s, for that matter till they’re glaringly obvious. When she does finally figure it out, she’s reacts very quickly and speaks her love physically.

The bellarke list scene (4x03) was a significant change in Clarke’s realization that she’s IN love with Bellamy not just that she loves him. The biggest shift in how she interacts with Bellamy? Vulnerability.

Clarke’s Vulnerability

Clarke is a very guarded person, and has only been truly honest, unguarded, and emotionally vulnerable with Abby up to the list scene. When someone else comes into the picture she puts the guard back up. Think about when Clarke first got to camp Jaha, when she woke up she was openly crying while talking to her mom. She was being emotionally open, honest and allowing herself to be comforted by her Mom. Once she went outside and saw Raven she no longer was so vulnerably emotional. Even when she saw Bellamy she lit up and ran to him (Clarke responds to deep feelings by physical action) she still wasn’t sharing the deep scary thoughts that hurt so much you only share them with most trusted and loved ones.

I think this was the first moment we see evidence that Clarke loves Bellamy (not in love) because she impulsively ran to him overcome with emotion. Every time we see Clarke have a deep, dark, emotionally raw feeling she tuck (ETA: the writer orginally wrote the "f" word as a typo but it kind of works too ) it away almost as fast as she can… even around Bellamy. That changes in the list scene tho, and Clarke noticed the change.

After she’s written his name, she tries to write her name and breaks down. She can’t, she overwhelmed by the feeling of not feeling worthy, feeling guilty about not having saved everyone in the past and not being able to save everyone in the future, grieving for her past loves, wanting to live not just survive but completely unable to face that prospect and she starts to cry. Bellamy wakes and comes to her. At this point she’s crying and she’s brutally honest with him. Through her tears she says “I can’t"

I think this is notable because she’s not trying to steel herself, she’s not shoving her feelings down trying to be a leader. She shares her most awful feelings with Bellamy, she doesn’t feel worthy of living and she can’t face that prospect. As Bellamy writes her name she even does the gulp in of air and sniffle… she’s completely vulnerable her heart open wide… sharing her greatest fear with Bellamy. After he writes her name she asks him “so what now?” And looks up at him.

She’s looking to her strength, hope and anchor here. That’s what Bellamy is to her. When he says “we still breathing?” And comforts her by putting his hand on her shoulder. This is her face.

As she reaches for his hand with her own, her muscles relax, she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in. Not only is she relieved and it feels like just the weight holding her down is lifted, if just for a moment. She not only lets herself be comforted by him, but she melts into this comfort. She needs him, she needs his comfort.

She caresses his hand and then drops her head to his hand as if his touch is the only that gives her the hope and strength to continue on. I think Clarke realized her vulnerability here. She realized she’s never been this open emotionally with anyone (barring her mom) and she’s never allowed herself to be comforted by someone else when she’s this shattered emotionally. Her reaction to his touch wasn’t just an a reaction, but an action. Remember she speaks her love by physically taking action. She responded to Bellamy’s touch by taking it a couple steps further. It’s my opinion that she wouldn’t have done this if she wasn’t in love with him and knew it. How Clarke reacts to his rejection is also very telling.

When we have the pained view of Bellamy telling Clarke to “get some sleep” Clarke immediately lifter her head and hand from his makes a half hearted smile barely able to audibly say the words “thank you” and makes this face.

Looking at this face I see disappointment, sadness, longing. She’s just realized how deep her love for Bellamy runs, that he’s her anchor and her hope and rejected her physically​ acting upon that love. When he walks away, she begins to watch him leave. This is her face.

Her face changes to something hopeful, sad and longing. Her head is slightly forward and she watches his every movement as if her body is being pulled to his as he’s leaving. Next we see her take a resolute deep breath, wipe her tears, put the list away, grab her jacket and head off to be badass Clarke. She got hope and comfort from the man she loves and just knowing this gave her the strength to go on. And this turned into a deep analysis of the list scene because I think this scene was pivotal in Clarke realizing she is in love with Bellamy.

After this moment in later episodes we see Clarke a lot more calculated and her body language is usually closed off and careful around Bellamy. Which also tells me that in the list scene she made a move and felt rejected so now she’s careful around him and trying to be respectful of him. I’ll discuss that her body language in detail in my next part of this meta.
x

So first, I'm always so happy when people affirms that Clarke is IN love with Bellamy.
Second, this person is on point when she talks about how Clarke express her love through physical affection first. That it was she did with Finn in 1x04 and Lexa in 4x07. The worded confession of feelings only comes far later, when it is too late (death of the lovers which can so be read as a forced confession).

This is also why I was never convinced by Clarke/Finn and Clarke/Lexa. I think that Clarke is the kind of person who loves freely (might be because, as Emori pointed out, she was loved so much during all her childhood), if you love her, she's going to love you back. That is what happened with finn and Lexa. They made the first move and she reciprocited (this is actually more true with lexa), each time physically. And during both these short lived relationship (almost non-existent, Clarke was actually never in a romantic relationship, I mean by this "in couple"), if Clarke put no barriers to the physical aspect, the emotional one however... We saw Clarke comfort Finn and Lexa but never the opposite because she never allowed herself to be emotionally vulnerable with them. She may have let herself love them but she didn't give the whole of herself to them. Why ? Because she couldn't, because she didn't trust them completely. Which make sense after the betrayals.

All of this is different with Bellamy. Clarke allows herself to be vulnerable with him, to be comforted. She even express her feelings for him, to him. It's not "I love you"s but "I trust you/I need you/you're special" is the equivalent. That is why her relationship with Bellamy would be so different and balanced because Clarke would for once accept to receive as much as she gives. Not that Finn and Lexa were not willing to give, it's just that Clarke has raised defences with everyone that put her in a position of giver and non receiver. Bellamy (and her mother, but hey that's her mom !) is the only one who has breached this defenses.

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake

Last edited by Ellfoy; 03-29-2017 at 03:25 PM
Old 03-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
LEE !!!
Hello my child!!

Quote:
I feel the same way. SO MUCH I was talking to Sarah and Kate about this before we finished the other thread but I'm getting really salty. I am so hungry for canon bellarke. WE NEED SOMETHING.
I am too! We have waited long enough! We are good people! We deserve this.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dammit, I wish I had more time to say something, but I have to go and begin my board blackout soon. You'll probably hear from me again in a little over 24 hours.

TFTNT, by the way! Enjoy the episode, you guys!
ICON
Old 03-29-2017, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Why are you having a board blackout? Are you not watching live?

Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt

Yeah April can't watch live sad times

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-29-2017, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Aw that sucks.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Indeed

*stares at your icon*

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching live but nobody cares when I do

*sobs silently*

I guess there is no Bellarke to be expected tonight

Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa, glad that you can watch live. Rose and Lee too, I presume?

Poor April. Live watches feel weird without her.

I love that analysis (not going to call it a meta, otherwise Alexa will come after me ). More to say later but I absolutely love this bit and it's spot on:

Quote:
I think this is notable because she’s not trying to steel herself, she’s not shoving her feelings down trying to be a leader. She shares her most awful feelings with Bellamy, she doesn’t feel worthy of living and she can’t face that prospect. As Bellamy writes her name she even does the gulp in of air and sniffle… she’s completely vulnerable her heart open wide… sharing her greatest fear with Bellamy.
We talk a lot about how vulnerable/open Bellamy is around Clarke but the same is true for her as well. Again, there's that bond and burden that no one else gets.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a total hypocrite, I never remember who else is watching live