Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn three years

And don't worry Alexa, I'm pessimistic too!

I honestly don't know wtf Clarke feels for Bellamy in terms of being "in love". I mean I kind of go along with the whole timing being wrong thing. We know she loves Bellamy but I think maybe there's been an undercurrent of something else there since season 1, but the opportunity has never arisen for it to grow. Bellamy's experience since hitting the ground has been different than Clarke's.

And I know we've always been able to explain away things the show has done/hints they've dropped/blah blah blah but I am still very suspicious about what Bellamy was going to say. To me that seems like a deliberate push towards something. I want to know what Kenni thinks!

Old 03-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that's kind of cool.

That means 3 years ago, I watched the first two episodes, said, "Hey, this is kind of cool," and then neglected to stick with it until Lisa convinced me to watch it again. Plus, her blue Bellamy icon was really cool, so that kind of convinced me.

ETA: Oh, Lisa, of course it's deliberate! If it wasn't, the writers wouldn't have had Roan interrupt him. They would have just let him finish.
ICON
Old 03-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was watching Roswell I didn't watch season 1 of The 100 until August that year I think.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing wrong with watching Roswell, Lisa. Which reminds me, I still need to get myself over to the Roswell board . . . I will do that, I promise.
ICON
Old 03-19-2017, 06:30 PM
New Fan

Unfortunately, I think Alexa is right on almost all accounts. But I am definitely a pessimist after other fandom experiences. That beach scene could have been laying breadcrumbs or it could have been just a shipper tease. I’m hopeful but I don’t expect anything.

The only point I disagree with is I don't think Bellamy and Clarke getting together would necessarily be cheesy. Tho there are a lot of ways it could be cheesy. And I’d rather not have them go there at all than have it done poorly.

In my opinion, both of them are in love with the other. Clarke refuses to let herself acknowledge that she is. And they both know the other loves them but think it’s a platonic love.

Maybe it’s because I make a terrible shipper who hates “talks” and mushy nonsense, but I don't see either Clarke or Bellamy as the type that would start a relationship by confessing their feelings. IIRC, we never saw Bellamy tell Gina he loved her or Clarke tell Lexa. Wasn't the first time Clarke said she loved Lexa said to Abby after Lexa was dead? And Clarke only said it to Finn right before she killed him.

That's why I don't think Bellamy intended to tell Clarke he loved her. Not in those words anyway.

I see Bellamy and Clarke as pair that would act on their feelings before they vocalize them unless certain death was involved.

If they do get together, I hope it’s with an epic kiss in the middle of a crazy situation or argument. Which is a cliché I generally hate, because it’s usually done so heavy-handed, but it seems fitting for these two.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I'm thinking I err on the side of optimist. I wasn't voted Most Positive Bellarker for nothing, you know. But I still always keep my expectations low. Expectations low, hopes high. That's the way I roll.

Callea, you're right that Bellamy never said that to Gina (because I don't think he did love her, poor Gina), and Clarke with Lexa . . . well depends on if you watched it live on TV, where they added it in, or on the DVDs, where it's not in there. Not sure about, like, Netflix and stuff.
ICON
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
well depends on if you watched it live on TV, where they added it in, or on the DVDs, where it's not in there.
Hm. Interesting. That's kind of a big character point to change in the DVDs. Pretty sure it wasn't in what I saw. But I'm also pretty sure I watched every episode right after they aired - on either Hulu or another means online. If it was in there, maybe I just blocked it out because I didn't personally care for Lexa at all. But I remember finding it a big deal when Clarke told Abby she loved Lexa, so I really don't think Clarke said that to Lexa in what I watched.

I agree. Bellamy didn't seem to love Gina at all. But it seemed like we were supposed to believe he did and it drove him to go all anti-grounder crazy and side with Pike. Which is another thing I try to block out... but I digress.

Last edited by Callea; 03-19-2017 at 07:27 PM
Old 03-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for saying that Callea! Welcome to the thread.

And yeah she technically told Lexa she loved her in the city of lights in the 316 finale, but that was added in later....

For me I start out pessimistic but then over time try to view things in a realistic manner. Sometimes I get my hopes up and sometimes not, it depends on the writing. On this show, I have zero hopes.

I mean, things seemed to be going in that direction season 1 but then it never really went there and season 2 they drifted further so my hopes were dashed completely. Then Clexa happened and all the negative things were said about BC. So IDK, that hope was never really restored.

I do see a "shift" this season and implied feelings but I'm just not sure how far its going to be taken. Trying to imagine a romantic scene for BC is just really hard for me to imagine. I sincerely hope i am wrong.

I just cant imagine clarke just kissing bellamy out of the blue or vice versa. and i cant imagine either confessing their feelings either. i dont think BC is 100% not going to happen, its def. possible but i just have no idea how the hell they would do it.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't take this the wrong way, Alexa, but I sincerely hope you are wrong, too.

Callea, I actually don't think we were supposed to believe Bellamy loved Gina. We were supposed to believe he care about her, but just . . . 3x04. The way they are in 3x04 just shows what different wavelengths they're on. And then RavALIE's line about devotion in 3x11 just drives that home even further, in my opinion. He had feelings for her, affectionate feelings. But he was never in love with her. That's why her dying in Ice Nation's attack on Mount Weather was only part of the reason why he sided with Pike.
ICON
Old 03-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

I'm generally pessimistic about things for the most part. I've had a ship or twenty() not work out due to a character's death or just because it doesn't work out for one reason or another. It's always best to be fully prepared. Lucky for me is that my default setting is stuck on stubborn so I tend to make up my own ending after that final curtain call.

If they never more past anything more, I'll be fully satisfied with everything. While I most likely will be bummed, I also will appreciate all of the awesomeness of their relationship. To me, it's great as is. Do I want more? Yes. But will I feel cheated if it doesn't happen? No. Bellamy and Clarke have shown such a deep need and appreciation for each other over the seasons, it's been a pleasure to watch them grow from oppositions to working in sync and finding ways to help their people survive and thrive as a unit. Even when they disagree there is always that underlying understanding of each other. They get each other, they know each other best, completely. It's not always been easy but together they've found a way to get passed every obstacle and rise up passed every mistake made and challenge failed. Personally for me that's more fulfilling than any kiss or sexual relationship could ever be.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sharon, I agree.

And honestly, I always say that I much prefer what we've gotten from Bellarke than from many of the romances on the show. (Not meant to be a dig at those other romances. Just a personal preference. )
ICON
Old 03-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks April .

And I meant to say also, I love that they offer each other forgiveness without judgement. Neither are perfect and they don't stand up on their pedestals pretending otherwise like some characters tend to do at times.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with what was said too. Their relationship is so much deeper than any other ships out there imo, romantic or not.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I agree with what was said too. Their relationship is so much deeper than any other ships out there imo, romantic or not.
Most definitely. My friend is totally into them now and is just in awe of how much they have experienced together and endured together. She's often saying that there is just no one else on the show who has a bond quite like they do.
ICON
Old 03-20-2017, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

Just a quick fly by

Wow soo much to catch up on

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I need to go read the rest of the last thread first now

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon