Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Bob’s Pumpkin Queen

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

And being a more independent decision-maker, I believe, will only benefit Bellarke in the long-run. I’m all for a more balanced dynamic, and particularly in season 3, that was missing. (Granted, Bellamy was not a very balanced person then.)

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
TRYIN’ TO CATCH ME WRITING DIRTY
ICON BY BECKS
Old 06-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
It makes him more independent, which is not necessarily a bad thing. He’s gotten used to making decisions without her. He needed to do that, and in fact, in 4x13 during the head/heart convo, we see that Clarke wanted and encouraged him to do that.
Agreed! I mean, it still makes me sad but I'd like to believe that he was going to tell her before they left but it's that he needed to sort things out with the others first, before he did. He's just being the person that she had hoped he would be, without her.

Someone commented that it seems like Bellamy's disconnect with the audience is probably deliberate and that he's probably not even fully absorbed the fact that Clarke is truly back ... because he had believed for so long that she was 100% dead. Not letting himself even hope that she could survive Praimfaya. I'm hoping that there's a huge event which is a huge wakeup call for him, forces him to truly examine whatever feelings he's been burying deep inside re: her and that would be one heck of an emotional rollercoaster that would then really force them BOTH to examine their relationship.

| away from FF: 14 to 20 October |
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
And being a more independent decision-maker, I believe, will only benefit Bellarke in the long-run. I’m all for a more balanced dynamic, and particularly in season 3, that was missing. (Granted, Bellamy was not a very balanced person then.)

Bellamy definitely wasn't very balanced in season 3 I'm really looking forward to see more of their new balanced dynamic in the future with Echo out of the way. Sorry

Icon Credit
Old 06-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

I'm really happy that they're more balanced individually, before they get together in any romantic capacity. And I think that is in line with what Bob expressed as his wish for Bellamy before he delves into any romantic relationships. Clarke is already there, as is he ... they just need to get on the same freaking page when it comes to their feelings and then we're good to go. #simple

Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Bob’s Pumpkin Queen

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Yeah, simple, Sarah. Totally simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Someone commented that it seems like Bellamy's disconnect with the audience is probably deliberate and that he's probably not even fully absorbed the fact that Clarke is truly back ... because he had believed for so long that she was 100% dead. Not letting himself even hope that she could survive Praimfaya. I'm hoping that there's a huge event which is a huge wakeup call for him, forces him to truly examine whatever feelings he's been burying deep inside re: her and that would be one heck of an emotional rollercoaster that would then really force them BOTH to examine their relationship.
I feel like . . . like some people mistakenly believe that showing any support of Bellamy right now means they’re supporting Becho, which couldn’t be further from the truth. I almost feel like some people are determined to feel as disconnected from him as possible right now so they can look back and be like, “Well, that wasn’t my Bellamy.” Personally, I don’t feel that same disconnect. However, this is the first season ever where I’ve been more connected to Clarke, which has surprised me but kind of delighted me. We’re just seeing so much, particularly so many of these Bellarke moments, from her POV, and I think that’s fabulous, because I think a lot of big moments in the past were easier to interpret through Bellamy’s POV.

And I agree, Sarah, he thought she was dead, so . . . this is head-spinning and surreal to him. I mean, he thought Clarke was dead and that his sister was still his sister, and neither one of those things turned out to be true. Bellamy’s been back on the ground for, what, a matter of days? And they’ve been an intense couple of days. He’s not handling everything perfectly, but he hasn’t done a bad job so far.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
ICON BY BECKS
Old 06-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Maybe some of this will be at work in 5X08.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

I feel that is true for some, April, but personally I also feel disconnected from Bellamy this season which is a weird feeling. It’s not even that I connect with Clarke more (which I do) but though I don’t feel like Bellamy isn’t Bellamy this season, this is the first time that I haven’t felt anything for his scenes so far. Except maybe the Murphamy and Bellamy/Madi parts. So I really hope that there is an end motive for this because I don’t like it but I accept that it's probably due to the story that they’re telling right now.

Aww, I love this :

Old 06-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

So I was trolling an unnamed forum today and saw a discussion re: Bellarke. Some people were saying that it would be a disservice to Bellarke as a romantic pairing now, because they had so many opportunities to get together and didn't, and it would be lame if only now Clarke developed feelings for him after seeing him with another woman.

Thoughts?

I have mine but I'll save them

Old 06-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Bob’s Pumpkin Queen

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

No, it would not be a disservice at all! First of all, that’s ignoring Clarke’s developing feelings during the first 4 seasons. I think the distance and absence and time has . . . amplified her feelings. She also has become an individual who is more in touch with her feelings than she ever was before. She’s doing the whole thinking with her heart thing now that Bellamy was (and in some ways still is) known for.

Wait, Sarah, you felt something from the Bellamy/Clarke scenes, though, too, right? ‘cause, I mean, your icon, and your optimism . . .

I feel connected to Bellamy in his scenes with Clarke, Murphy, Madi, Raven, and Octavia (though a lot of that one is sympathy for him). No so much Echo, but hey, that’s why I don’t ship it. He hasn’t really gotten much interaction with others, but I did like his smile at Emori in 5x03, and his brief reunion with Miller.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
ICON BY BECKS
Old 06-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Bob’s Pumpkin Queen

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

No, it would not be a disservice at all! First of all, that’s ignoring Clarke’s developing feelings during the first 4 seasons. I think the distance and absence and time has . . . amplified her feelings. She also has become an individual who is more in touch with her feelings than she ever was before. She’s doing the whole thinking with her heart thing now that Bellamy was (and in some ways still is) known for.

Wait, Sarah, you felt something from the Bellamy/Clarke scenes, though, too, right? ‘cause, I mean, your icon, and your optimism . . .

I feel connected to Bellamy in his scenes with Clarke, Murphy, Madi, Raven, and Octavia (though a lot of that one is sympathy for him). No so much Echo, but hey, that’s why I don’t ship it. He hasn’t really gotten much interaction with others, but I did like his smile at Emori in 5x03, and his brief reunion with Miller.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
ICON BY BECKS
Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

Good question, Lisa! I need to think on my answer on that and reply tonight.

Definitely the Bellarke scenes, April. I was referring to Bellamy scenes apart from the Bellarke interactions/moments.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 06-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Bob’s Pumpkin Queen

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

My response to their tweet teasing that video was that, if I wrote for the show, we’d have to be on a more risqué network.

Ah, I see, Sarah. I thought so.

I love that Laura Mago drawing, by the way. Damn, she’s really been feeding us. I see Jaclyn and Marcella have one in their little thought bubble, too. I haven’t seen that one. Damn, they’re both so good. Love that artist’s style.

Also, my favorite episode reactor Logan is uploading a 100 video tomorrow!

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
ICON BY BECKS
Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Wildpip

Belated TFTNT!

re: Lisa’s post and that question of whether making Bellarke romantically canon would be a “disservice” at this point: While I appreciate people wanting to make sure that Clarke’s character stays in tact, I don’t think that Clarke is only developing feelings now after seeing Bellamy with someone else. That itself would be quite reductive to believe. Seeing B/E together might have brought those feelings more towards the forefront, but Clarke’s feelings have long been under the surface.

kellyalyciabobeliza
amelia | icon by becks | bday twin
Old 06-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Bob’s Pumpkin Queen

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
Belated TFTNT!

re: Lisa’s post and that question of whether making Bellarke romantically canon would be a “disservice” at this point: While I appreciate people wanting to make sure that Clarke’s character stays in tact, I don’t think that Clarke is only developing feelings now after seeing Bellamy with someone else. That itself would be quite reductive to believe. Seeing B/E together might have brought those feelings more towards the forefront, but Clarke’s feelings have long been under the surface.

My thoughts exactly.

Good to have you back, Amelia. How are you doing with the time change?

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
ICON BY BECKS
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top