Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

There are so many parallels in the show its amazing

Old 03-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really is.

Can't recall if this has been posted here before but love Natalie Crown's review of 3X05:

Quote:
ecause this is how things have worked before. Ever since 1x08, Clarke has been able to talk Bellamy around to her way of thinking. Don’t leave, Bellamy. I want you to say that you’re with us, Bellamy. I can’t lose you too, Bellamy. It’s worth the risk, Bellamy. In S2 in particular, Bellamy was Clarke’s rock. I WILL COME BACK TO THIS.

OKAY OKAY. OKAY. OKAY. HERE WE GO. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO WRITE A LIST.

1. Bellamy’s face when he sees her.

2. Clarke’s face when she sees him.

3. THE FACT THAT OCTAVIA LOCKS THEM IN A ROOM TOGETHER.

4. *deep breaths*

5. BELLAMY’S WALLS ARE INSTANTLY UP. He’s so hurt, you guys. I don’t blame Clarke for any of her choices, but her choices have hurt him OVER AND OVER. 'We need to talk’. 'Oh, you’ve decided that.’ I LOVED this, because this is how he has been made to feel. He has gotten to a point where he believes that she only comes to him when she needs something, that she USES him. That is what he FEARS.

6. I LOVE that he snarkily mentions the Wanheda title. Obviously, this isn’t Clarke’s fault. But I absolutely believe that he is 100% bitter that his part in wiping out Mt Weather is forgotten. Not because he wants to be known for that massacre, but because it doesn’t allow him his pain, and thus his recovery.

7. HE TRULY THINKS SHE CHOSE THE GROUNDERS OVER THEM/HIM. TRULY. REMEMBER 'WE CAN’T LOSE HER’. HE ALREADY BELIEVES THAT THEY HAD!!!!!!

8. But then Clarke comes back with the information about the Ice Queen, because she DID have a good reason for staying behind. Because it WAS good that she was there to see the political manoeuvrings of the grounders. (NO RIGHT OR WRONG ONCE AGAIN)

9. Why do you get to decide it’s over? OKAY, SO REMEMBER WHEN I MENTIONED MY IMPORTANT NOTE ABOVE? I AM GOING BACK TO IT NOW. I think Bellamy has been battling his resentment for Clarke ever since she left. I think every little moment between them where she has asked, and he has given, has been playing in his mind since she left. Because he’s been asking himself over and over, why didn’t she stay when I asked her too? And the only answer he could come to must have been, because I am NOT to her what she IS to me (</3). But then 3x02 comes around and all of his instinctive reactions to CLARKEEEEEEEE come flooding back and he’s like okay, okay, okay. And then she stays in Polis in 3x03 and it just BREAKS him. All of those doubts? All of those fears? I truly wonder if Bellamy is now questioning their entire relationship. I truly wonder if Bellamy believes he only matters to Clarke in terms of how best she can use him. *takes a break to cry*

10. I think her hesitation after mentioning Lexa’s name is important for two reasons. For one, she knows that Lexa’s betrayal at the Mountain is something that Bellamy won’t forgive, not like Clarke seems to have. My other reason for appreciating the hesitation is purely shipper conjecture and I have to see how the rest of the season pans out before I can comment further.

11. WE’VE BEEN AT WAR SINCE WE LANDED. So very true. And I really, REALLY appreciate that Bellamy got to mention all the bad things the grounders have done to them. I am proud to say my Bellamy meta from last week was 100% on point. He does NOT have a good opinion of ANY grounder except for Lincoln. And they HAVE been at war since they landed. The only reason they ever made a truce with the grounders in the first place was because they had a common enemy, not because they all made friends. I’m not saying that Bellamy is RIGHT (because nobody is right on this show) but he is right to feel that way, and it’s in keeping with his experiences.

12. THIS ISN’T WHO YOU ARE. YOU’RE WRONG, THIS IS WHO I’VE ALWAYS BEEN. Very important from both perspectives AND I WILL ALSO CALL ATTENTION TO THIS POST I MADE BECAUSE I AM A SELF PROMOTION **** APPARENTLY.

SO YEAH, THIS ALL CALLS BACK TO 1X08. 'I’m a monster, all I do is hurt people.’ THIS IS WHO BELLAMY BELIEVES HIMSELF TO BE. He stopped believing it for a short while, BECAUSE OF CLARKE. And so he stuck with her because she helped him see how he could be better, how he could do better. But then she LEFT, and he has been hurting and struggling for so many reasons. And when you hurt and you struggle and there’s somebody ready to pounce on your weaknesses (*shakes fist at Pike*) you fall back on your base emotions. Bellamy believes that he is only good for hurting people, at his core, and so he’ll be this guy. He’ll be the bad guy. He’ll be the monster. Because if, at the end of the day, it protects the people he loves - it’s worth it.

13. I WON’T LET ANYONE ELSE DIE FOR THAT MISTAKE. The grounders have betrayed him too many times, and he simply WON’T trust them again. I honestly can’t even blame him for this? I 100% side eye Pike’s brutality, and the fact that Bellamy lets those things happen, but I 100% do NOT side eye his distrust of the grounders. He is entitled to it.

OKAY

OKAYYYY

SO HERE IT IS

I AM TELLING YOU GUYS. I HAVE BASICALLY HAD THIS DIALOGUE IN MY HEAD AS A FANFIC THAT I DID NOT WRITE EVER SINCE CLARKE LEFT AT THE END OF S2

'I need you.’

HIS FACE. I honestly think his heart tore itself in two. One half jumped for joy because I DO believe he loves this girl (even if he won’t acknowledge it) and while he is burying all of those feelings right now, a part of him must have leapt at those words. BUT ALSO - !!!!!! - HE ALSO REMEMBERS THAT TIME IN 1X08 WHEN SHE SAID SHE NEEDED HIM, AND BASICALLY EVERYTHING I SAID BEFORE.

BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT WHEN HE NEEDED HER, HUH? WHEN HE ASKED HER TO STAY?

*takes a breath*

'I NEED THE GUY THAT WOULDN’T LET ME PULL THAT LEVER BY MYSELF’

1. Is that how Americans pronounce lever?

2. *rocks back and forth*

YOu LEFt Me

So this is when I died. His face and his voice. He’s trying to be so flippant. But I honestly think this is the absolute CORE of everything. CLARKE LEFT HIM. The person that made him believe he could be more, could be good. The person that told him he could lead and could lead well. The person that LIFTED him. The person he saw as his PARTNER. She LEFT HIM. And it’s all fallen apart since.

AND SO HE LETS IT ALL OUT. AND IT’S CRUEL AND IT’S PAINFUL. BUT BELLAMY 100% DESERVES THE CHANCE TO SAY THESE THINGS.

AND LET ME TELL YOU ALL THE WAYS THAT I AM HAPPY THAT THE TONDC/OCTAVIA SITUATION HAS BEEN ADDRESSED. I FEEL LIKE FANDOM HAS SOMEHOW FORGOTTEN THIS LITTLE NUGGET. BUT IT’S VERY IMPORTANT, OKAY?????

LIKE…IF YOU’RE MAD AT BELLAMY FOR BEING MAD AT CLARKE, REMEMBER THAT HE NEVER ONCE GOT ANGRY AT HER FOR ALMOST LETTING HIS SISTER DIE THAT ONE TIME. HE HAS BOTTLED SO MUCH UP INSIDE!!!!!

'PEOPLE WHO TRUSTED ME’

THEY LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGED ALL THE THINGS I WANTED THEM TO ACKNOWLEDGE OH MY GOD?

LIKE…YEAH, CLARKE KILLED THE MOUNTAIN BUT SHE DIDN’T KNOW THOSE PEOPLE. BELLAMY DID. LEXA’S BETRAYAL MEANT THAT BELLAMY HAD TO KILL PEOPLE WHO HAD RALLIED AROUND TO HELP HIM!!!!!!! *note: BECAUSE OF LEXA HE HAS EXPERIENCE OF KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR THE GREATER GOOD, PROBS A PART OF WHY HE WAS ABLE TO DO IT A SECOND TIME MMMMM?

LEXA’S BETRAYAL MEANT SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT FOR CLARKE AND FOR BELLAMY. THEIR REACTIONS MATCH THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Clarke is speechless for so many reasons. I honestly don’t think she thought about the pain she would put Bellamy through, because he was so solid, so supportive that she 100% thought he would be okay. I think she thought that Bellamy was STRONGER THAN SHE IS. How incredible is that? Seeing his pain, hearing his anger….it must feel like her heart is being ripped out of her chest.

And Bellamy SEES that, which is why he has to turn away. He’s revealing so much. She’s revealing so much. It’s SO intense.

Oh…I forgot I was writing a list…where was I…

523. Clarke’s 'I’m sorry’ is 100% genuine, and follows on from what I said above. I really don’t think she considered this. And maybe, MAYBE, she didn’t realise just how important she had become to Bellamy on a core level. 'But I knew I could because they had you’ really backs this up. I really do think she means this.

524. BELLAMY’S FACE AFTER THOSE WORDS. It is TORMENT. It’s that war within his heart again. In the past, such words from Clarke meant so much to him. But now? Can he trust it? And if he DOES trust it, that means he’s failed her…because look what he’s done? Or maybe…maybe it means that he’s doing the right thing, because Clarke trusted him to look after his people and he’s done it. CAN YOU SEE WHY HE’S STRUGGLING TBH?

525. FROM A PURELY SHIPPING PERSPECTIVE - PEOPLE. BELLARKE GET SO MANY GREAT MUSICAL CUES. ANY OF YOU THAT DON’T BELIEVE THEY ARE BEING BUILT UP TO ARE JUST IGNORING THE SIGNS MMMMMMKAY.

526. THIS GIRL FOREVER HAS A WEAKNESS FOR HANDS.

527. OKAY SO. The handholding and the emotional looks were REAL. Bellamy didn’t have to hold her hands to cuff her. He didn’t have to wait that long to cuff her. I’m sure he was warring with himself over it (you actually see his expression harden). He IS offering her comfort.

528. Clarke’s relief hurts me a lot

529. So why did he cuff her? As he says later, believe it or not he’s doing it to protect her. And he is. He knows that if she’s free she will do her best to stop what’s happening, and Bellamy is at a point now where he doesn’t think that Pike CAN be stopped. I think Bellamy is already regretting aligning with Pike in some ways tbh, but he also can’t go back and so he’s going forward and just burying himself in his anger. If he lets Clarke go, then she will either piss Pike off so much that Pike will kill her…or she’ll go back to Lexa and may die in the upcoming war. That’s his thinking. WHICH IS REALLY DUMB THINKING BELLAMY. GOD.

530. A WILD OCTAVIA APPEARS. BLESS YOU, OCTAVIA.

531. CLARKE TAZES BELLAMY. WHO’D A FUNK IT.

532. THE END.

Ahahahahaha. Okay, so I don’t really have a conclusion to this. It’s just my train of thought.

I am pleased for the sake of the fandom on the whole that we know the hug is coming, but honestly…this episode was everything regardless.

That SCENE was everything. I am so pleased that Bellamy got to say those things to Clarke. He needed to say that, and she needed to SEE that he was hurting.

I suspect we will have another couple of dry Bellarke eps (at least in terms of direct scenes) but I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for what is coming!

ASK ME THINGS IF YOU WANT. I’M SICK, AND CAN TALK ALL DAY.

*spins into Bellarke oblivion*
Source

Her essay on Bellarke is massive so I won't bold anything since I'll end up bolding everything but it's a great read.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-15-2016, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

I would read that all but I am on my phone so it hurts to look at

Last edited by Leelith; 03-15-2016 at 07:59 AM
Old 03-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry. Yeah there's a LOT of caps lock going on there.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 03-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

hey guys!

I LOVE EVERY BIT OF THAT REVIEW. I remember when she first posted it, reading it like there was no tomorrow and basically going I knowwwww gahh in my head at every sentence lol
Old 03-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't read it, but everything that person says it correct so

Yes
Yes
Yes

Old 03-15-2016, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Right?? I was nodding along to every single comment. I love reading people's analysis on Bellarke scenes because they say it so much better than I ever could.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 03-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

They always can portray their thoughts so much better than I can. I love reading it. Especially if they are great writers.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup and we're lucky because this show has a lot of passionate and great writers amongst its fans.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 03-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

haha my thoughts exactly. I'm envious of those writers can write about Bellarke so eloquently
Old 03-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

There is so much I love about Bellarke but when ever I say it , it all sounds the same. Bellarke is awesome. Bellarke is amazing Bali blah blah same thing over and over

Old 03-15-2016, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sorry if this has been posted:

Old 03-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Want me to add him to the honorary shipper list since he seems to love Bellarke?

Old 03-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
Want me to add him to the honorary shopper list since he seems to love Bellarke?
Yep, do it!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely