Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Rant Thread #1: Something's got you down? Vent about it here.

Agreed with all of you. Thanks for bringing it here Joy.

I don't know where to post this but I thought it belonged here.

I wanted to post this for a while. It's a bit late, I know, but since Cristal and other few people have posted about it, I thought I had to. You all witnessed the frustration that people have been feeling over the second season. We all kind of ranted about it. Honestly, I don't think this season was bad. It felt like seeing the same characters put into a new lifestyle, which seems like a logic follow-up after everything that happened in season 1. So yes, you see them experiencing different issues, communicating with people outside the family and you see a side of them that you might not have seen. Part of it is the result of what happened in the last episode. For example, Cate made the wrong choice by marrying Ryan and now that Lux has been given back to her parents, she can deal with other stuff. Sure there are still a few family stuff here and there but it's kind of limited. And about the wedding, I don't think it was a complete mistake on Liz' part (and I'm a die hard C/B fan). On tv we're used to seeing weddings being interrupted or stopped before the big day, especially in these kind of shows. And the few people who really go through a wedding are usually right for each other. But Liz decided to go the other way which was pretty bold of her. So in season 2, this is her way of showing us what really happens after a wedding that is 'wrong'. Which I find interesting. I say 'wrong' because it's pretty clear that C/B are endgame. So concerning this second season... I like to compare it with albums. Sometimes you love the first album of an artist and then you're disappointed with the second one because it's not exactly the music you fell in love with. But it's hard to be in the artist's position because as much as you want to please the fans, you have to try on different things and work with new sounds, too. You're not gonna make the same album over and over again. I usually like the second album if I loved the first one but not in the same way. It just lacks of what made it special, you know. Well I kinda feel the same way about LUX. I haven't liked all the changes but I still really enjoyed this season. I think it had to do with the characters. Because personally the reason why I like shows is because I'm attracted to the characters. And I still loved the main ones this season. So yes I'm more interested in them than in the storylines even if one goes with the other. Of course I want to get juicy and consistent storylines but what I mean is that even if they made the characters go live on Mars, I'd still be watching the show. And when you don't know it's going to get cancelled, you're always hopeful for what might happen in the future. Even if you have to wait for the next season. I don't know but I just like giving second chances and see a redemption. I think if the show had a season 3, we could see the show going back to its roots a little bit. Because now, Liz and the CW know what worked and what didn't. And if the CW was smarter, they would let Liz & co do the work all by themselves. So yeah, no doubt that the third season would have been better. Funny how when Liz & co did the first season, everyone was satisfied and now all of a sudden lots of people aren't happy about a lot of things. Gee I wonder why. And after that there are still tons of people putting most of the blame on Liz. *SIGH* I trully believe she did the best she could to please the fans and the network. At the end of the day, you're kind of stuck. Everyday you have to find ideas and ways to make it all work. It's part of their job as writers but it's not easy. Especially when you're pressured and the show is still in the hot seat. Nonetheless, I regularly see comments of some people saying this season is better than the last. I think this season should please a larger audience because the show moved to a more 'general' direction in the sense that it looks a bit more like other shows, in my opinion. Since it has lost some of its specificity, the audience that loved the first season (not all of them of course...) left, the audience that didn't like the first season don't want to give it another shot and there aren't a lot of new viewers because the show still doesn't get proper promotion.

All of this is to say that I've been a bit disappointed and annoyed by all the negativity since September. I was surprised when I came back on this board that month to read these kind of comments as I thought the episodes were pretty great. It has really lowered the good feeling I got from watching the show. I'm used to it now but it has been that way every single week and I'm tired of reading the same posts all the time. Reminiscing, talking about the first season THIS is great! And sure you can share what you liked and didn't like about an episode or a storyline but to say how bad this season has been all the time and pointing out more of the bad stuff than the good is bringing the positive atmosphere down in my opinion. It felt like people wasted too much of their time complaining and now that the show will likely come to an end, all that we would have done is complain. That's an awesome way to end it. This season is different, you have to accept it and go with what you're given. And you're not forced to continue to watch. I don't like losing viewers and members but sometimes it's best if steady debbie downers just leave. Sorry if I seem rude, it's not my intention at all. But I just want to show my support to Liz and the cast because *I* am still invested in the show and want it to continue for many seasons. We have one month left and then it's over so we either continue to rant until the end or we make the most of it and show our support. It's NOW or NEVER!

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Rant Thread #1: Something's got you down? Vent about it here.

The Life Unexpected Rant Thread

Due to recent events and posts being made throughout the board, the best option to keep everyone happy without filtering people's opinions is to have a rant thread. A place for members to vent about their frustrations without upsetting others or being upset for having to defend their opinions.

Of course there are still rules to be followed and if any issues arise the moderators will take action by PMing the offender or immediately closing the thread. Please keep in mind that we are to be respectful to each other and that no bashing is allowed.

Rules:
  1. Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself. Don’t register multiple accounts here. Using multiple accounts here can result in the loss of posting privileges for all of your registered accounts.
  2. Bashing in any shape or form is not allowed on this board. This includes: Cast & crew, writers, fanbases and posters . Please try and be as respectful as you can to everyone involved in our community.
  3. Lurking in an Anti-Thread and going back to an appreciation thread and discussing what was being talked about is also not allowed.
  4. People in the thread should not have to justify and defend their discontent. If you are a fan of a character/relationship or anything that a poster is venting about, we ask that you don’t enter the conversation of said topic trying to defend them, because this just causes more problems. So we ask that you steer clear of the conversation or the thread all together if you cannot follow this rule.
  5. If you have a problem with anything or any person at Fan Forum, do not deal with it on the forums here. Please send a Private Message (PM) to a Moderator or a Moderator Manager describing the problem, and they will work with you to try and get the problem resolved. If you have a problem with a moderator on one of the boards that you post on, send a Private Message to a Moderator Manager describing the problem. Do not contact one of the co-moderators of the moderator that you're having problems with, as it’s the Moderator Managers’ responsibility to resolve disputes between members and moderators in a fair and impartial way. You can also send a Private Message to the person that you're having a problem with directly if you do not want to involve the Fan Forum staff.

Please remember to be respectful and to follow rules as you vent. If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM one of the mods. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting this. I know a lot of people needed a place to vent, myself included. But as the rules state please please be respectful guys. Just think about what you are saying before you post it even if you don't think its rude just try to think about how it looks to others. I don't want to have any disagreements in here we are mostly a pretty civil bunch so lets do our best to keep it that way.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

No problem. It's the best solution for this board. There are some people that would rather not see some of the rants that have been happening and the only way to keep everyone happy without filtering anyone is to keep it contained to a thread. Feel free to vent about any discontent you have while remaining respectful to each other and the reason we are all here on this board.

We all need to vent and get things off our chest - whether its related to the show or even in real life, this is the place to do it. I hope members put this thread to good use. I think it would be helpful.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Rachelspicy: I read your post and hope you don't take this the wrong way but people are allowed to have their own opinions and as far as I know they can post them on-line.

You seem to think that this season was way better then last season and I respect your opinion. I, on the other hand, don't think so, and your telling me to stop posting my opinion and to stop watching the show is just wrong.

The fans that continued to watch LUX after the first season were surprised at the different direction the show was taking and voiced their unhappiness. I'm sure that many of them were hoping that someone was reading and would take their comments to heart. Sadly that wasn't the case.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Total Fan

this as a great idea guys!

Now everyone will feel welcome to express themselves and not feel like their opinions don't matter but at the same time we don't have to hear the same thing over and over in every thread made

I don't have much to rant about as I try and take everything in stride but I will vent this: Is anyone else upset at the fact that the bong lamp got little action this season?? I mean we barely even heard about him let alone saw him. Maybe he was costing them too much so they had to cut his contract. Poor little bong lamp!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

You are so right Joy! I didnt notice it but the bong lamp has been MIA this season and that was my favorite prop of all time I'm hoping that at least for the finale it makes an appearance considering that there was a picture through twitter of it....

One thing that I do want to get off my chest is that I really wish they didn't have Eric or Emma at all in the last episode. I appreciate what Eric's ILY did for Lux in pushing her to tell the truth, that nothing she says will make anyone bail...but they just made no sense in the episode. Emma's drama at the very end honestly broke the flow, it disrupted the feel of the episode and would have better fit in the end of Thanks Ungiven. Usually I can tolerate these characters but they dd not fit into this episode what so ever.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
One thing that I do want to get off my chest is that I really wish they didn't have Eric or Emma at all in the last episode. I appreciate what Eric's ILY did for Lux in pushing her to tell the truth, that nothing she says will make anyone bail...but they just made no sense in the episode. Emma's drama at the very end honestly broke the flow, it disrupted the feel of the episode and would have better fit in the end of Thanks Ungiven. Usually I can tolerate these characters but they dd not fit into this episode what so ever.
Aaaaaaaabsolutly!! In my opinion there was an abuse of new characters. It's great to have new storylines and new people around but both Eric and Emma (2 characters I never particulary enjoyed) took as much screentime as the characters we fell in love with in S1. And that was just wrong.
Another thing that I found wrong (this season) was that,
* practically 95% of the scenes Cate spent were with Ryan,
* practically 95% of the scenes Baze spent were with Emma,
* practically 95% of the scenes Lux spent were with Eric.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Total Fan

I have a feeling that if it's true about how the epi is gonna end - maybe Eric and Emma are only in the first half of the finale and the last half hour is just mostly family. We can hope right? I just can't see Lux and Eric together in the end. And with the info we just are getting on Emma is Baze really gonne accept being sloppy seconds to his dad?? hmmm. I really could careless to have anyone in the last episode other then the main characters we started with in season 1.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

It really does suck about the amount of new characters. Something had to be done with them and viewers would not care an ounce for them if they were not involved with the main characters. Unfortunately that meant less interaction between the main characters and more with extras to make them "interesting". To me it seems to be a mistake that the CW is making across the board. I read a lot of complaints from OTH fans that secondary characters have taken over the spotlight and there's minimal original character airtime. We don't exactly know the whole story about what went on behind the scenes of LUX but its just all very unfortunate that its what is costing the show...
Old 12-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Passionate Fan

But Liz recognised she could only made a few changes.... so I guess that involves only 3 scenes, maximun
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

I want to know who was in charge of wardrobe the day of those court scenes. I was seriously WTF-ing at what they had Cate and Lux in. They were the most unflattering outfits ever.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
I want to know who was in charge of wardrobe the day of those court scenes. I was seriously WTF-ing at what they had Cate and Lux in. They were the most unflattering outfits ever.
Especially CATE!! W h o d r e s s e d h e r?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana julia (View Post)
Especially CATE!! W h o d r e s s e d h e r?
I've been saying that a lot though this season. She's had some bad wardrobe choices
Old 12-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoBBB (View Post)
Rachelspicy: I read your post and hope you don't take this the wrong way but people are allowed to have their own opinions and as far as I know they can post them on-line.

You seem to think that this season was way better then last season and I respect your opinion. I, on the other hand, don't think so, and your telling me to stop posting my opinion and to stop watching the show is just wrong.

The fans that continued to watch LUX after the first season were surprised at the different direction the show was taking and voiced their unhappiness. I'm sure that many of them were hoping that someone was reading and would take their comments to heart. Sadly that wasn't the case.
Sure you can post your opinion, but it's just that I felt a bit too much negativity on this board which is why I did this post. Seems like people were talking more about the bad than the good (and it's a fan forum after all). I do want people to still watch the show, I just don't want people to talk badly about it all the time.
And no, I loved season 1 better, that's for sure!

I get what you're saying, though.

So are we good now? I mean the last thing I wanna do is having a feud with someone on this board or over the internet...

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫