Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Total Fan

that's great Cristal. I have 3 nephews and to this day none of them call me "Aunt Joy" only when they want something lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's so great that he is already so comfortable with that side of the family. Its going to be great for him growing up and being able to know all his family
Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
that's great Cristal. I have 3 nephews and to this day none of them call me "Aunt Joy" only when they want something lol.
I noticed that A LOT of children go through a phase where they don't say "Aunt____/Uncle____". I did that when was maybe 6-8ish? And my cousin did it when she was around 11-13, maybe. Its strange Its like I know that I did it before, but it bothers me when I hear kids do it now-a-days mostly because their aunts/uncles are MUCH older like 40's-50's unlike people like me. I can see the "small age gap" making it easier to drop the "Aunt/Uncle" title and being comfortable with it...but its funny how it bothers me so much when kids just call older aunts and uncles by first name.

I'm really happy that he's becoming comfortable with us. The very first day he was extremely shy and nervous around all of us and just wanted to be with his dad. Now he sometimes follows me and asks me where I'm going He's the sweetest kid too - He'll always say yes if you ask him if he likes something because he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I always just used my aunt and uncles first name. I found it weird saying uncle. but my niece calls me auntie and I love it.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Well since you've always used first names, that's more understandable in my eyes. But its those kids that grew up being taught to call them Aunt ____ and they did so for the longest, but one day they wake up dropping the "Aunt". Its just so strange. I mean, one my mom's sisters...I just call her by just her first name ever since I was very little and I remember it hitting me one day and I asked my mom. Apparently she never liked having that title I guess So she always had us call her by name only.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya that is how it is with aunt and uncle they want me to call them by their first name so I do and I've never done anything different. But you're right if my niece just one day started calling me Tasha and not Auntie I would be sad, but I'm sure she will since she just started calling her parents by their first name.
I teach my kids to use aunt and uncle and they are starting to call my brother and sisters auntie and uncle and I think that is the way it should be. I was taught different so it would be hard for me to just one day start using it.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Total Fan

The aunt/uncle thing is a hit or miss with me. Like I use aunt uncle with a few of them still but the one's I actually go out and like hang out in a bar with I don't call them aunt uncle any more lol.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya it would be weird to use aunt/uncle with the ones you hang out with a lot
Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, I watched previews to all three new projects - Ringer, The Secret Circle, and Once Upon A Time. TBH I think the one ill take my chances on Ringer. It seems interesting and that storyline can go for a long time IMO. It seems pretty damn good I have to admit, The Secret Circle seems pretty promising too, I just feel like I'm done with "teen dramas", to me its always the same recycled stories with just a different element to them : love triangles, mean girls behavior, etc etc...I'm just done with shows revolving around teenagers TBH so I might check it out but I doubt ill stick to it. Once Upon A Time, not going to lie...I don't think it'll last I cosign Joys post and say that it would have worked better as a movie. I can't see many people watching it and ABC is tougher on ratings. Ill check the premiere out to support Liz but this one is the one I'm least attracted to.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

The list of pilots I'm checking out:

New Girl
Apartment 23
Awake
Revenge
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
The Secret Circle
Ringer
Hart of Dixie

Most of what's on my list, I'm watching because of the people involved. Awake is the only one that doesn't fall into that category. That one just seems like my type of show.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Hm, which is Awake? I think I heard it but with all the pilots flying around I may have forgotten it...
Old 05-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Okay, I watched previews to all three new projects - Ringer, The Secret Circle, and Once Upon A Time. TBH I think the one ill take my chances on Ringer. It seems interesting and that storyline can go for a long time IMO. It seems pretty damn good I have to admit, The Secret Circle seems pretty promising too, I just feel like I'm done with "teen dramas", to me its always the same recycled stories with just a different element to them : love triangles, mean girls behavior, etc etc...I'm just done with shows revolving around teenagers TBH so I might check it out but I doubt ill stick to it. Once Upon A Time, not going to lie...I don't think it'll last I cosign Joys post and say that it would have worked better as a movie. I can't see many people watching it and ABC is tougher on ratings. Ill check the premiere out to support Liz but this one is the one I'm least attracted to.
I probably will not watch Secret Circle but I agree with the concept and the age bracket for CW I think it will do well.

Ringer to me is a hit or miss. I can see it starting off really well. And Sarah Michelle has a huge following from Buffy and of course Kris from LUX so I think it will do well atleast for a few seasons.

And now Once Upon a Time. I want to support Liz but this show really is not going to peak my interest one bit. I will def. check otu the pilot but I hate to be a debbit downer (JMO) I think it will be canned pretty quickly from the network. I can't see it lasting long and I was reading hte comments on a few blogs and it seems people are already slamming it.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

It'll probably do very well along side TVD

Ringer, it really does depend on the demographic and such. Which makes me wonder if the management is going to keep targeting the same age bracket or if they're going to try and change it.

Once Upon A Time...Yeah, a lot of people might give it a chance since its from...the writers of Lost (?) but I don't think its appealing. The premise seemed interesting enough for me to want to check it out, I'm a sucker for fairy tales, but the previews were a complete turn off
Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Just checking in, and I have to agree with Cristal and Joy's comments about all three new projects (for the most part).

The Secret Circle: I will definitely check it out to support Britt, but I don't see it keeping my interest. Like Cristal, I think I'm past the "teen dramas" with the mean girls and the romantic love triangle angst. Sure, I enjoy romance, and you know I adore a good love triangle...but I'm just attracted to more mature versions of those scenarios, if that makes any sense. BUT, like you guys, I'm sure it will do well on the CW, especially paired with TVD. It is for their target demographic.

Once Upon a Time: Again, I will give this one a chance for Liz's sake. Plus, I'm a sucker for fairytales as well. The premise sounds interesting and fun, and I didn't think the preview looked entirely unappealing (I guess I have to watch it again ). But, like you guys said, I just don't see it catching on with a big enough audience to stay on ABC for very long. We'll see.

The Ringer: This is the one I'm most excited about. The premise is very intriguing, and it seems like it could be drawn out for a while. It's not necessarily the CW's demo...but I'm hopeful the new president is going to try to stretch beyond the usual age bracket. With SMG's and Kpo's passionate fanbases, I'm hopeful it will do well for awhile. Again, we'll have to see how the CW handles it.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Hm, which is Awake? I think I heard it but with all the pilots flying around I may have forgotten it...