Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Open Bar (OT) #20 - What will you be doing this summer? Come share!

Welcome to the OT thread.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
yes. Right now it's kitten season. So the shelters have no space. At this point any kittens that come in usually get euthanized so they don't even get a chance to live. Foster care is vital in that you profide a home, some TLC, food and water and you find them homes.
I feel passionate about it because it's the same place I adopted one of my cats. When I talked w/ his foster mom when she brought him to my house she said that she was in the shelter filling out forms to foster when the litter of kittens came in. She said the lady said, "we have no room mark them "E" (which means euthanzie). The girl was so horrified she said told them to give her that liter. So that's how I ended up with my cat and the reason I named him Chance because he got a second chance at life. And I want to hopefully do that for another liter of kittens. Even if I save one I'll feel like I gave back in some small way. For years I've been saying I want to do it but I just don't. But yesterday I took the leap and ordered a $110.00 3 tier cat cage so I can keep them in there away from my cats. I filled out the papers and all I have to do now is go to the shelter and select a liter to take home!
Oh wow, this sounds amazing!! I don't know if you guys knew this, not many people do, but my childhood dream was to have an animal shelter of my own. Its a long term goal but what you are doing for kittens sounds amazing, Joy, sort of like a beginning for sheltering animals I may look into this in the future

I suddenly feel bored with the internet I have all this extra time coming my way but...I just get bored with the internet now. Strange...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread.

I get like that too sometimes Cristal, there will just be times when I just don't want anything to do with the internet and everything about it bores me
Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Total Fan

yeah Cristal I have always wanted to volunteer at a shelter too so maybe I'll try doing that this summer as well. I know I can't save them all but as the shelter saying goes, "One by one until there are none!"
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh, I just can't understand how people can like desk jobs or being on the internet all day. I think I'm just done with the computer after school becoming so pro-technology for all assignments Sucks to be a part of the technology era for that reason I think I'm going to pick up reading again for leisure purposes. I miss it so much. So far I have this book that I bought at a thrift store:

Quote:
Lucky is a 1999 memoir by Alice Sebold, author of The Lovely Bones. The memoir describes her experiences of being raped and how the experience shaped the rest of her life.
I loved The Lovely Bones so I thought I would try this one too.

There are other books, including American ones in Italian but I figured italian readings will help me not forget the language .

I'd love to do volunteer work, Joy! Can we be roomates?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I'd love to do volunteer work, Joy! Can we be roomates?
haha sure! I've always wanted to do habitat for humanity too! I am not so sure how good I work with a hammer though
Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Me either But I'm a creative person so I'd be all for making mistakes

I just read the first few pages of Lucky... This is so painful to read but I think if she can write about her experience, I can read it.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds like a good book. I loved The Lovely Bones!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Awww, what you're doing with the kittens really does sound amazing, Joy. What a generous thing to do.

Totally understand why you would be a little put off by technology now, Cristal. After being on the computer all day at work, I feel that way too. And thanks for the new thread!

I've never read anything by Alice Sebold...I'll have to check her out.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

You should check out The Lovely Bones it's sooooo amazing
Old 05-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I'll do that. I read about it when the movie came out, and it sounds great.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Total Fan

Lovely Bones is one of my favorites. Movie was pretty good but they left alot out.

okay guys last day for voting if you already voted (thank you) just log back in with email and click vote. If you haven't register, opt out of emails, and put in a vote for me and my mom! I got lazy about it in reminding people. Can you tell I feel like we have no chance? haha! But you cant win unless you try!!

Mix 106.1 - You Control The Mix!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hope you guys win Joy!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Total Fan

Nope

Turns out my friend and her mom won lol. I'm glad atleast someone I know won though, that's cool. They go today for a private instudio performance and a meet & greet. They joked and said they'd get me an autograph! Grr yeah like that makes up for it lol. But it's all good. I knew I wouldn't win I just don't have FB friends like she and her mom do. And my own mother kept forgetting to send out the link through email to her friends. So all in all we lost because we didn't make a huge attempt at it. But I appreciate the votes ladies
Old 05-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww sorry Joy!

Cristal- I got that Lucky book you mentioned and you're right its painful to read. I just finished the first few pages and wow!