Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Life Unexpected Campaign #4: "Always hope" ~ Liz Tigelaar

Life Unexpected Pick Up Thread #4

1.) Sign the Petition → Save Life Unexpected - Petition Spot

2.) Save Life Unexpected and Help Some Kids In Need | Give Me My Remote
Quote:
In honor of LIFE UNEXPECTED’s premise — a foster kid in Portland, Oregon who finally finds a loving home when she reconnects with her biological parents — Give Me My Remote is asking fans to make a “Save LUX” donation to Portland’s Boys and Girls Aid, a reputable organization that has been helping Oregon’s children for 125 years, finding homes for those in need through adoption, shelters and foster care.

Between now and the end of the calendar year, you can give to Boys and Girls Aid as a sign of support for LIFE UNEXPECTED. 100% of your donations will go to Boys & Girls Aid and we’ll announce the grand total of your charitable contributions on December 31st, 2010.
Every cent counts, so please give, even if you can only afford to send a few dollars.

In addition to your donation to Portland’s Boys and Girls Aid, feel free to send light bulbs — as LUX means “light” — to The CW offices here in L.A.
You’ll find all the information you need below, so read up, write a check, mail a lightbulb and comment below, telling us why you want LIFE UNEXPECTED to stay on the air. Consider the comments section your very own unofficial petition.
Checks for Portland’s Boys & Girls Aid
— made out to “Boys & Girls Aid” — can be sent to

Save LIFE UNEXPECTED
c/o GIVE ME MY REMOTE
P.O. Box 691813
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Lightbulbs in support of LUX can be sent to
Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
3300 W. Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

3.) Save Life UneXpected Facebook Page → Save Life UneXpected | Facebook

Quote:
Please let me know your area(s) of interest and I will create teams depending on that. After I create them, I will post who works with whom and you will not only be helping the show, you'll be making friends :-) THANK YOU JOHANNA for your wonderful ideas!!

Here are her ideas:

Johanna Wilhite Allyn:

"There are lots of pages to save Lux. Someone was kind enough to list them all with links and I lost track of that page. The number of pages filled a screen. If we could get on one page it would be better. There is a petition site with o...ver 900 votes. Your page has 500 fans. I think you would be stronger to lead a consolidation of effort. I found that foreign fan sites are less likely to be organized in a save Lux mode. Although on every continent they are objecting. Also Kris #8, Kerr# 44 and Eric placed all on the sexiest 100 men on TV 2010. If we don't have enough viewers, it doesn't make sense that 3 key stars on the same show competed like that. Well it doesn't make sense to me anyway.

There is plenty to be done. With the holidays going on, we need a strategic plan to turn up the volume on CW. This would help spread out the work, to avoid placing a burden on anyone person's holiday calendar. I. personally, have already devoted around 36 hours online. Identifying and talking to American fans, looking at how CW interacts with fans, looking for and conversing with foreign fans. I'm not trying to be bossy, but time is getting short.

Plan that I wanted to propose to a fan site to be Lead Spokesperson:

Fans volunteer and solicit volunteers- contact this site to take any of the following jobs. Everyone leave the same exact message or comment. Administrator: A) Manage volunteers so plenty working on each step of plan. B) Write project message #1 that each of us (everyone) will use to copy and paste. Also write season finale message #2. C) Set up Notification (events) Calendar. D) Check events to make sure someone is attending for all planned events. E) Update plan. F) Appoint DRUMMER BOYS-Assistant Administrators as needed.

Everyone try to work on one item below. (Please make sure you let this page know what you are working on. It is urgent that we have enough people on each step.) Okay, load the bases and bring in the home runs for our favorite show.

Hunt for things and bring them all to this page:

1.) Any site with Life Unexpected on FACEBOOK. They use lots of different names. SHEPHERDS -Look for Save Lux or petition sites and get the page (website) address and bring it back here.

2) Go GOOGLE (search engines) WISEMEN find and bring it back here.
-Look for #1
-Look for industry-entertainment articles that support Season2 back 9 or a Season 3
-Look for articles critical of the CW cancellation of Season 2
-Search the actors and characters names. See if you find anything to support renewal of Life Unexpected
-Fan ideas for search, please consult Administrator

3.) ANGELS-from this Page Administrator's NOTIFICATION (events) Calendar, take a date (attend), copy and paste the project message #1 or announce the date, time, day of week of 2 HOUR SEASON FINALE message #2.

4.) STARS-be a worldwide ambassador, find FOREIGN comments or fan sites. Use the GOOGLE TRANSLATOR to understand them. Then, use the translator to convert our two messages into that language and POST. Check your notifications for responses. Translate to English and post on this site. Questions go to Assist Administrator for Foreign Fans.

5.) SCRIBES-keep CW BUSY Contact them by writing a letter, calling or tweeting. Information below. Letters are desirable (letters require a written response from CW) (Thanks Lorna Wolbert)

ATTN: Ms. Dawn Ostroff, CW President
C/O The CW Network
3300 W Olive Avenue # 300
Burbank, CA 91505-4661.

Phone: (818) 977-2500

tweet and leave feedback at cwtv.com but MAKE SURE you click "good" and not "bad" in the dropdown menu!

Do you want to play ball? Let me know. No offence intended to any spiritual beliefs. I used the Christmas titles because it's the seasonal thing. We want to have a little fun too!!

Thanks for listening, Johanna ( Avid Life Unexpected Fan)"

4.) LUX saving Guide → http://www.lux-source.com/saving-guide/wordpress/

They're also on Twitter! Follow http://twitter.com/#!/luxSAVINGguide and help!

video by CristalBuddy

Last edited by UpInFlames; 01-12-2011 at 10:39 AM
Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Cristal!
I know the chances for a third season are now super tiny but I wanna stay in my bubble and believe in miracles. lol

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

No problem...if we can do anything while there is time this thread and efforts are still alive. I need to send some light bulbs
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread Cristal.

I live in that bubble as well Rachel
Old 12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes, me too. Call me in denial or crazy, but I still have hopes, not in CW but in another channel
Old 12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

tftnt
Old 12-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Total Fan

I will try and get you all into the "we're in denial" therapy group

jk.....guess someone has to stay positive
Old 12-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds like a therapy group that I definitely need to be in
Old 12-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Extreme Fan

When and where does it start? I need to join ASAP!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

We are gonna need daily meetings
Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Total Fan

haha well I can totally be the group leader but only if the pay is good

Last edited by Gilmoregirl82; 12-12-2010 at 11:10 AM
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Extreme Fan

How about $2.50? ... per month

Old 12-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelspicy (View Post)
How about $2.50? ... per month
per person
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey! I never said I'd pay for these meetings!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Total Fan

well then ur out.

So whose got a check