Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
Ya I doubt he was using her because he was really trying to move on it just sucks that it had to be with Tasha because it does really feel like he was using her even though we know that Jones isn't that kind of guy.
Exactly! Knowing the kind of guy Jones is, makes me really wish we could have met his dad, and had him be friends with Cate and Baze. Jones must have had a really great role model.

I bet Baze was thrilled when Lux and Jones got together.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so bitter with the CW. We could have had some great Jones scenes if you think about it.

Yeah, I liked Jones/Tasha and thought it was all cute, but I didn't really like how he was just in the background for Camp Grounded and Homecoming Crashed. They only gave him meaningful scenes when he was with Lux, scenes that showed he was much more than just a Quarterback.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I'll be honest, I didn't like Jones/Tasha, so I like that the only scenes we have of him really opening up are with Lux. I just wish there had been more of them to show the audience (who aren't as die-hard as I am) that Jones still cares about Lux even if he is trying to move on.

Like: instead of Jones ignoring the fact that Lux wasn't with the group in Camp Grounded he go find her on the beach (before Eric showed up), talk to her, and possibly try to teach her how to swim. That didn't have to end with them making out. It could have been a poignant scene like Cate/Baze's scene.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

You know, THAT would have been pretty great and would've made sense. I just didn't believe that Jones gave her the cold shoulder like that. Especially homecoming crashed...why didn't he follow tasha and lux outside?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
why didn't he follow tasha and lux outside?
Exactly! When the season started, I was hoping we'd see Jones get Lux to open up about things she didn't feel like she can tell anyone else. We saw a bit of the potential for that in Truth Unrevealed, when she told him about the locket.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Wow, I missed so much on this thread! Great discussion. My thoughts/agreements:

1. I wish they hadn't forgotten the "locket" detail, too, but I'm with Emily...I'll just imagine he gave it to her and she had it on under her graduation gown. And like you guys said, I'm sure he gave her other things as well. It would have been so sweet to see her drive his jeep!

2. It really did seem like Lux/Jones had been together for awhile at graduation, and that it probably all started with the basketball scene. But, like Nat said, I assume that Jones would have waited until Tasha was out of Juvie before breaking up with her...and that nothing really happened between him and Lux until after Jones/Tasha were officially over. At least I'd like to think it played out like that. No cheating.

3. I assume that Tasha would have been hurt and felt used. But, like Nat said, she probably saw it coming and understood....so she wasn't extremely bitter and angry (at least not for long). Obviously, they were all able to move past it.

4. Like you all, I wish we had gotten to see more meaningful scenes with Jones this season and learned more about him and his family - instead of him being in the background (which, as you guys pointed out, just didn't make sense). You're right...we only got meaningful scenes when Jones had one-on-one scenes with Lux. It would have nice to have something to show that his feelings for Lux had not gone away. Jones is such a great guy, and I would have loved to see him being there for Lux and Tasha during the whole "Trey" situation. It also would have been great to meet his parents. His dad must be a great role model - keeping everything together while dealing with his wife's mental illness.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not trying to knock Lux/Eric, even though I'm not first in line as a supporter for them; I finally saw the whole point of that relationship and I think they wrapped that storyline beautifully. BUT - I feel like all those moment's that Eric was there for Lux could have just as easily been Jones' scenes or moments to be there for Lux. I still think that Jones was sidelined because the CW wanted more characters to be introduced and Eric still could have been there. As a teacher and mentor. Everything else could have easily been Jones scenes because what we've seen from Jones is just as legit (teaching her how to swim, someone to talk to, discovering her self-worth...), I mean...in the end Jones did that anyway - right?

But I really don't know what I would do with that. Part of me feels bitter because Jones could have had all those scenes but the other half of me wouldn't want it any other way. Once the arc played itself out I actually like what they did with Lux/Eric but since we're being cut short for this series I can't help but feel a little bitter about it for Jones/Lux.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, I liked Jones/Tasha and thought it was all cute, but I didn't really like how he was just in the background for Camp Grounded and Homecoming Crashed. They only gave him meaningful scenes when he was with Lux, scenes that showed he was much more than just a Quarterback.
I hated that too but maybe it was because we weren't supposed to see the Jones/Tasha relationship so we didn't get attached to because Liz knew that Jones and Lux were endgame.

I see what you are saying about Eric Cristal, a lot of the scenes could have easily been Jones. I didn't mind them being Eric but then again I was a supporter of them so but you are right that Eric could have been there for her in some ways but it would have been nice if it was Jones teaching her to swim and being there for her.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I feel like all those moment's that Eric was there for Lux could have just as easily been Jones' scenes or moments to be there for Lux. I still think that Jones was sidelined because the CW wanted more characters to be introduced and Eric still could have been there. As a teacher and mentor. Everything else could have easily been Jones scenes because what we've seen from Jones is just as legit (teaching her how to swim, someone to talk to, discovering her self-worth...), I mean...in the end Jones did that anyway - right?
That's exactly how I feel! Jones did end up helping Lux figure all that out anyway. Honestly, I could take or leave any of the new characters except Julia, Paige, and Sam.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I'm not trying to knock Lux/Eric, even though I'm not first in line as a supporter for them; I finally saw the whole point of that relationship and I think they wrapped that storyline beautifully. BUT - I feel like all those moment's that Eric was there for Lux could have just as easily been Jones' scenes or moments to be there for Lux. I still think that Jones was sidelined because the CW wanted more characters to be introduced and Eric still could have been there. As a teacher and mentor. Everything else could have easily been Jones scenes because what we've seen from Jones is just as legit (teaching her how to swim, someone to talk to, discovering her self-worth...), I mean...in the end Jones did that anyway - right?

But I really don't know what I would do with that. Part of me feels bitter because Jones could have had all those scenes but the other half of me wouldn't want it any other way. Once the arc played itself out I actually like what they did with Lux/Eric but since we're being cut short for this series I can't help but feel a little bitter about it for Jones/Lux.
Completely agree, Cristal. Many of those scenes EASILY could have interchanged Jones for Eric, or had Eric being there for her in a different way - as simply a teacher and mentor. I do like how they wrapped up Lux/Eric. It really was beautifully done, and the relationship made sense. But with everything cut so short, it's hard not to feel bitter about not seeing more of the Lux/Jones relationship/friendship build-up.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
I hated that too but maybe it was because we weren't supposed to see the Jones/Tasha relationship so we didn't get attached to because Liz knew that Jones and Lux were endgame.

I see what you are saying about Eric Cristal, a lot of the scenes could have easily been Jones. I didn't mind them being Eric but then again I was a supporter of them so but you are right that Eric could have been there for her in some ways but it would have been nice if it was Jones teaching her to swim and being there for her.
See, if the Lux/Eric thing didn't wrap up so beautifully as it did and justify everything else that happened before, then I would be much more bitter about this but I'm not. Everything made sense now and I'm not sure if I want to change it anymore - sure I'm still against a student/teacher thing but now I can see Lux/Eric for what it was, I definitely won't knock on them anymore

There's just little things you know that Jones could have done for her. He was already headed in that direction with the locket. Its just so OOC for him to suddenly not be there for her
Old 02-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad that you can see L/E for what it was now and look past the teacher/student thing. Liz did an amazing job of wrapping that storyline so perfectly.

It really was out of character for him to be ignoring Lux. I know he probably got fed up waiting for her but it still didn't make sense because he told her that he didn't mind waiting and hoping that someday they could be something and then all of a sudden he was just never there for her anymore I didn't like that at all.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Add me.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome! I'm sure Emily will add you when she gets a chance
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Welcome, Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
Add me.
I added you.