Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Hero

 
GrhmLz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 68,280
Morris Chestnut/Ryan Nichols #4: Because Ryan shouldn't have taken the plunge like that! Bring him back!

Welcome to the 4th Appreciation Thread for
Morris&Ryan

Because Ryan shouldn't have taken the plunge like that! Bring him back!



Supporters:
1. Crystaline
2. Hamburgo1001
3. ForeverFaraday
4. BRoody
5. lisegurl
6. xlennie
7. zccajj
8. GrhmLz
9. Irulan
10. Violet-Shadow
11. ~ayumi~
12. MelBelle2
13. Pan
14. Vintage_Love

__________________
RIP Luke Perry: 1966-2019

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-25-2011 at 11:12 PM
GrhmLz is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:28 PM
  #2
Elite Fan

 
Hamburgo1001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 37,856
Thanks for the new thread Heather. I added the new thread title into the OP. I hope you don't mind.

You know, looking back on season 2 of V, I'm kinda glad that we never used that 'I hope season 2 will be a season of redemption for Ryan' quote by Morris as a title.
Hamburgo1001 is offline  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:28 AM
  #3
Elite Fan

 
~ayumi~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 47,751
TFTNT

I agree with the title Bring him back
__________________
Captain Sharon Raydor
~Major Crimes -24 days
tumblr ★ twitter
~ayumi~ is offline  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:34 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
GrhmLz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 68,280
You're Welcome, and of course I don't mind about adding the title into the OP, Alex.

Quote:
You know, looking back on season 2 of V, I'm kinda glad that we never used that 'I hope season 2 will be a season of redemption for Ryan' quote by Morris as a title
IKR?! Something tells me that not even Morris, himself, saw what was really coming for his character.
__________________
RIP Luke Perry: 1966-2019

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
  #5
Elite Fan

 
Hamburgo1001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 37,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
IKR?! Something tells me that not even Morris, himself, saw what was really coming for his character.
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. That level of suckitude was incredibly hard to predict. And I actually even considered possibilities like Ryan going back to his old Visitor ways or that we might not get to see him mourn Valerie, but I thought if the writers were going to go in these directions with him, they would have him lose his humanity first. And, obviously, I don't think anyone could have ever predicted that he would end up getting gruesomely murdered by his own hybrid child in the name of Anna.
Hamburgo1001 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
GrhmLz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 68,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. That level of suckitude was incredibly hard to predict. And I actually even considered possibilities like Ryan going back to his old Visitor ways or that we might not get to see him mourn Valerie, but I thought if the writers were going to go in these directions with him, they would have him lose his humanity first. And, obviously, I don't think anyone could have ever predicted that he would end up getting gruesomely murdered by his own hybrid child in the name of Anna.
What is even worse about how they never even verified Ryan losing his humanity, is that it made him appear like a heartless brute who still had his humanity intact; however, barely shed any emotion over grieving Valerie (the woman he supposedly loved). All his concern shifted straight to his hybrid daughter, whom in the end, was Anna's little protege all along. And in the end, he lost the woman who really probably loved him in favor of a daughter who only turned out to hate him.
__________________
RIP Luke Perry: 1966-2019

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM
  #7
Elite Fan

 
Hamburgo1001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 37,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
What is even worse about how they never even verified Ryan losing his humanity, is that it made him appear like a heartless brute who still had his humanity intact; however, barely shed any emotion over grieving Valerie (the woman he supposedly loved). All his concern shifted straight to his hybrid daughter, whom in the end, was Anna's little protege all along. And in the end, he lost the woman who really probably loved him in favor of a daughter who only turned out to hate him.
I know. It really made him look cold-hearted, especially when you consider that he actually started crying when Anna taunted him that he had no soul. It's fairly obvious to me that the lack of mourning was just another case of the systematical destruction of the Ryan character that had been going on ever since SR became a part of this show.
Hamburgo1001 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Hero

 
GrhmLz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 68,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I know. It really made him look cold-hearted, especially when you consider that he actually started crying when Anna taunted him that he had no soul. It's fairly obvious to me that the lack of mourning was just another case of the systematical destruction of the Ryan character that had been going on ever since SR became a part of this show.
Yup, it's like the writing paid no mind to what just didn't make sense and clashed with other established canon. I almost get the feeling now that both Ryan and Valerie were only used by SR, in order to get their hands on the hybrid baby character, so that they could turn it into a glorified V baby with human emotion and blissing ability - all for the benefit of Anna's character/story once again.
__________________
RIP Luke Perry: 1966-2019

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 04:51 PM
  #9
Elite Fan

 
Hamburgo1001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 37,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yup, it's like the writing paid no mind to what just didn't make sense and clashed with other established canon. I almost get the feeling now that both Ryan and Valerie were only used by SR, in order to get their hands on the hybrid baby character, so that they could turn it into a glorified V baby with human emotion and blissing ability - all for the benefit of Anna's character/story once again.
Yup. After the conclusion of season 2, it definitely looks like SR only used the Ryan and Valerie characters as baby vehicles. And I'm still not convinced that the baby direction was ever part of the original plan for these 2 characters either. Not only because of the early media reports about a Valerie/Ryan/Erica love triangle, but also because of the initial Tyler/Lisa direction. A Tyler/Lisa hybrid child would have always carried more weight in the story than a Ryan/Valerie one because of their connection to the Anna and Erica characters and now that Tyler has ended up as Visitor food, we also already know that the direction for the Tyler/Lisa relationship has been changed by SR as well.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-01-2011 at 07:05 AM
Hamburgo1001 is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:36 AM
  #10
Master Fan

 
~Ross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 10,193
I'm not sure Ryan will be back! It would be nice, though! I'm sure I'll miss him!
__________________
Heart beats fast...
~Ross is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 AM
  #11
Elite Fan

 
Hamburgo1001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 37,856
I'm like 99% sure that if SR were to bring Ryan back from the dead, he would probably only destroy the character even further. If that's even still possible.
Hamburgo1001 is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
GrhmLz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 68,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yup. After the conclusion of season 2, it definitely looks like SR only used the Ryan and Valerie characters as baby vehicles. And I'm still not convinced that the baby direction was ever part of the original plan for these 2 characters either. Not only because of the early media reports about a Valerie/Ryan/Erica love triangle, but also because of the initial Tyler/Lisa direction. A Tyler/Lisa hybrid child would have always carried more weight in the story than a Ryan/Valerie one because of their connection to the Anna and Erica characters and now that Tyler has ended up as Visitor food, we also already know that the direction for the Tyler/Lisa relationship has been changed by SR as well.
That's true, a Tyler/Lisa baby would have carried a greater impact in the story with Erica and Anna as the main protagonist/antagonist leads. And let me just state, I would gladly have taken a Valerie/Ryan/ERica triangle in place of what we've ended up with now. At least it would have centered around a V and humans and would have dealt with a Fifth Column V potentially becoming emotionally tied to the human resistance leader, ERica.
__________________
RIP Luke Perry: 1966-2019

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:02 AM
  #13
Elite Fan

 
Hamburgo1001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 37,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
That's true, a Tyler/Lisa baby would have carried a greater impact in the story with Erica and Anna as the main protagonist/antagonist leads. And let me just state, I would gladly have taken a Valerie/Ryan/ERica triangle in place of what we've ended up with now. At least it would have centered around a V and humans and would have dealt with a Fifth Column V potentially becoming emotionally tied to the human resistance leader, ERica.
Me too. The difference in dynamics between both relationships (Erica knowing he's a V while Valerie is completely in the dark about it) could have made for an interesting contrast. At least initially. Valerie would have obviously found out at some point. And I guess such a story direction would have eventually brought Valerie into the resistance fold as well and actually allowed her to do something on this show. That would have been another plus compared to what we've ended up with now.
Hamburgo1001 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:24 AM
  #14
Elite Fan

 
~ayumi~'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 47,751
At the very beginning of the show (I think even before watching the Pilot) I always thought Ryan and Erica would become a couple. Maybe it was because they paired Liz and Morris up for the interviews and because I was sure she would have a romance with a V
__________________
Captain Sharon Raydor
~Major Crimes -24 days
tumblr ★ twitter
~ayumi~ is offline  
Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Hero

 
GrhmLz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 68,280
^ It's perfectly understandable that you thought that because you were thinking within the logical framework of such a story set up. I, too, at one time in the very beginning thought that Ryan and ERica coming together was very likely, if only because of him being the male V lead and her the human female one. And, they were each one from a different species, human and V. It made sense.

Quote:
Me too. The difference in dynamics between both relationships (Erica knowing he's a V while Valerie is completely in the dark about it) could have made for an interesting contrast. At least initially. Valerie would have obviously found out at some point. And I guess such a story direction would have eventually brought Valerie into the resistance fold as well and actually allowed her to do something on this show. That would have been another plus compared to what we've ended up with now.
I have to say I agree, this is the one time I see a potential love triangle that was likely to have worked in favor of a character, as opposed to against it. Given the way Valerie was handled, I think there was a lot more promise for her with such a direction rather than the 'hybrid baby' route. I do think this path would have ultimately lead to a stronger tie/involvement for Valerie in the Resistance movement. Whether she worked things out with Ryan or not, hard to say, but even if she didn't and they stuck to the open avenue of V Fifth Column and human resistance coming together, there were plenty of other hypothetical opportunites for her in the relationship department.
__________________
RIP Luke Perry: 1966-2019

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST