10. Violet-Shadow
11. ~ayumi~
12. MelBelle2
13. Pan
14. Vintage_Love

Old 08-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Alex. Looks good.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome.

Regarding the Morris' quote I have to say I would like for season 2 to be a season of redemption for Ryan but I don't know how likely that is. With Anna having his child in her possession Ryan will probably be forced to do some not so honorable stuff even if he doesn't want to. I don't think anyone could really fault him for that, though.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Regarding the Morris' quote I have to say I would like for season 2 to be a season of redemption for Ryan but I don't know how likely that is. With Anna having his child in her possession Ryan will probably be forced to do some not so honorable stuff even if he doesn't want to. I don't think anyone could really fault him for that, though.
True - but actually when I was reading it over, I think Morris was making reference to 'redemption' in the form of being able to make it 'right' because of what happened to Valerie and what he led her into by not telling her the truth from the beginning. So, yeah, your predictions about him doing some not so nice stuff can pan out; however, it might be being looked at by Morris as justifiable retribution, in the name of Valerie, and 'redeeming' himself through saving their child for her. So that her death wasn't completely in vain.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
True - but actually when I was reading it over, I think Morris was making reference to 'redemption' in the form of being able to make it 'right' because of what happened to Valerie and what he led her into by not telling her the truth from the beginning. So, yeah, your predictions about him doing some not so nice stuff can pan out; however, it might be being looked at by Morris as justifiable retribution, in the name of Valerie, and 'redeeming' himself through saving their child for her. So that her death wasn't completely in vain.
Yeah, that could be it. Poor Ryan probably thinks that he got Valerie killed. Anna even told him that she died from the pregnancy because he didn't bring her to them early enough. Makes me curious when he and the hybrid child are going to find out that Anna killed Valerie in cold blood.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, that could be it. Poor Ryan probably thinks that he got Valerie killed. Anna even told him that she died from the pregnancy because he didn't bring her to them early enough. Makes me curious when he and the hybrid child are going to find out that Anna killed Valerie in cold blood.
Depending on when Ryan gets in touch with emotion again, I definitely think the guilt is going to kick in ten fold. I can just imagine the anger when Ryan uncovers the real truth behind Val's death which is that Anna had her killed. Part of me was wondering if Ryan would resent his own child for awhile on the basis that he was told that the pregnancy is the cause of Valerie's death. At least, until the truth is uncovered. I also wonder which one of them would try to make their move against Anna first, Ryan or the hybrid (if the hybrid is old enough)? Hm.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't really envision a scene where Ryan or Voa do find out that Anna killed Val. I think they will have so many other things going on that it's unlikely the writers have time to readdress that fact.

I would certainly like for Ryan or Voa to find out, but it's not like Anna is going to tell them, and no one else was there except for the blissed out Vs and they caren't going to say anything either.

I could see Ryan coming to the realization that Anna prolly did kill Val on his own, but whether they ever have him reveal this understanding I don't know.

It's going to be weird having 2 members of the resistance both being blackmailed into being spies and traitors at the same time. I don't know how far either of them will go or whether one or both of them will ever admit the truth to their friends and ask for theirt help.

This could be a real bonding experience for Ryan and Hobbes since they will both be in the same situation. I don't know if they will be aware of each others situation or not. I would like for them to become better friends though. They had a moment in Fruition, I think it was, when Hobbes gives Ryan that terrible advice, but I would like for them to be closer.

It sorta seems that Erica is the heart of the group. Jack, Hobbes, and Ryan all feel pretty close to her, but none of the guys are really that close to each other.
Also the resistance needs another female. Seriously.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also wonder which one of them would try to make their move against Anna first, Ryan or the hybrid (if the hybrid is old enough)? Hm.
It might depend on the how & when. If Ryan finds out the truth at a time when his child is already on the right path and fighting for the good side it might be possible that he would decide to never tell him/her to make sure that he/she doesn't do anything stupid on impulse. But if he were to find it out while his child is still a rebellious Anna & Visitor supporter then this tidbit would be a very good weapon to open his/her eyes. And obviously, if the child is never made aware of it then he/she can never do anything about it. There are so many factors at play.

Quote:
I don't really envision a scene where Ryan or Voa do find out that Anna killed Val. I think they will have so many other things going on that it's unlikely the writers have time to readdress that fact.

I would certainly like for Ryan or Voa to find out, but it's not like Anna is going to tell them, and no one else was there except for the blissed out Vs and they caren't going to say anything either.

I could see Ryan coming to the realization that Anna prolly did kill Val on his own, but whether they ever have him reveal this understanding I don't know.
I think if the truth was ever going to come out it would happen later on. Most likely by the time the child is already a teenager. Not already in season 2. But like you said, it's also possible that Ryan and the hybrid will never be made aware of that fact but it would be a real shame if this juicy plot point was simply going to go to waste.

Quote:
This could be a real bonding experience for Ryan and Hobbes since they will both be in the same situation. I don't know if they will be aware of each others situation or not. I would like for them to become better friends though. They had a moment in Fruition, I think it was, when Hobbes gives Ryan that terrible advice, but I would like for them to be closer.
Me too. Hobbes and Ryan haven't really got along yet. I would love for them to strike up a real friendship. They will be in the same situation next season so the potential for bonding is definitely there but it will depend a lot on the way how both men handle their respective situation. If neither one of them says anything then it's obviously very unlikely to happen.

Quote:
Also the resistance needs another female. Seriously.
We've been saying this for a couple of months now. It's not only the resistance. The entire show could use some more female characters. Especially female human characters now that Valerie is dead and Malik has turned out to be a V. Hobbes' "her" seems to be our only realistic shot at a female human new addition in the near future. The writers better not screw it up.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you guys have made valid points, and putting logic to the side, I find it hard to believe that what Anna did to Valerie will never come up or be revealed at some point down the road for the purposes of Ryan's arc. I see that being central to what is going to drive Ryan down the road, yes, he's going to probably come face to face with the circumstances regarding his child and will face off with Anna on that; however, that whole set-up with the hybrid does ultimately connect into Valerie and what happened to her. I could be wrong but just my opinion.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

But I agree. Logically, it would make sense for Ryan to eventually find out that Anna bumped Valerie off. I'm just not sure if he would ever tell his child that. I could see him keeping the knowledge to himself if his child is already fighting for the good side.

The bigger question for me is how Ryan could potentially find out the truth. Maybe Joshua or Lisa could overhear a conversation about the Valerie incident between 2 Visitors who are working in the medical bay and then eventually tell him about it in one of the later seasons.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Pan
Master Fan

Woah, new thread!!

Love the title!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But I agree. Logically, it would make sense for Ryan to eventually find out that Anna bumped Valerie off. I'm just not sure if he would ever tell his child that. I could see him keeping the knowledge to himself if his child is already fighting for the good side.
Hm - that's definitely possible, but then again, if the child is old enough, maybe he/she will find out from another source?! You're right, though, I don't think it necessarily has to (or will) come out in the form of a heart to heart with Ryan. I think it's going to depend on how significant a role this child ends up playing and how imbeded with Anna he/she ends up. If the child operates in direct opposition to his/her father and to the Resistance, I can definitely see that piece of information being something that starts to make the hybrid question his/her loyalties to Anna.

Quote:
The bigger question for me is how Ryan could potentially find out the truth. Maybe Joshua or Lisa could overhear a conversation about the Valerie incident between 2 Visitors who are working in the medical bay and then eventually tell him about it in one of the later seasons.
Possibly or maybe because the V's are so technologically advanced, maybe something was caught on survelliance camera inside the room?! Perhaps there are more Fifth Column sleepers still aboard the ship somewhere and they didn't erase the footage when it was their job to do so or something to that effect?! The footage can leak out in some form later on down the road.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hm - that's definitely possible, but then again, if the child is old enough, maybe he/she will find out from another source?! You're right, though, I don't think it necessarily has to (or will) come out in the form of a heart to heart with Ryan. I think it's going to depend on how significant a role this child ends up playing and how imbeded with Anna he/she ends up. If the child operates in direct opposition to his/her father and to the Resistance, I can definitely see that piece of information being something that starts to make the hybrid question his/her loyalties to Anna.
This is definitely how I envision for the hybrid child to find out about if it's already grown up and fighting for the good side. I think it's possible that someone close to Ryan could accidentally let it slip in a conversation with the hybrid child. It would be even more effetive if it was going to happen while Ryan is off on a mission or something. That way the hybrid child could take off and try to get back at Anna all on it's own and it would provide a big shock and lots of angst and drama for Ryan when he returns and his child is gone. I can see some pretty cool scenarios there but this is obviously all assuming that the child will turn out to be more than just a temporary prop.

Quote:
Possibly or maybe because the V's are so technologically advanced, maybe something was caught on survelliance camera inside the room?! Perhaps there are more Fifth Column sleepers still aboard the ship somewhere and they didn't erase the footage when it was their job to do so or something to that effect?! The footage can leak out in some form later on down the road.
The Vs have no surveillance cameras on the ships which is IMO totally .
Old 08-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is definitely how I envision for the hybrid child to find out about if it's already grown up and fighting for the good side. I think it's possible that someone close to Ryan could accidentally let it slip in a conversation with the hybrid child. It would be even more effetive if it was going to happen while Ryan is off on a mission or something. That way the hybrid child could take off and try to get back at Anna all on it's own and it would provide a big shock and lots of angst and drama for Ryan when he returns and his child is gone. I can see some pretty cool scenarios there but this is obviously all assuming that the child will turn out to be more than just a temporary prop.
It would but the more i think about it, it doesn't really feel like the hybrid has been set up to be Anna's ultimate adversary - I'm feeling that's Erica with the whole Tyler/Lisa set up. I could turn out to be wrong but I fear the hybrid might be just that, a prop. What a waste.

Quote:
The Vs have no surveillance cameras on the ships which is IMO totally .
Maybe it's a kind we can't see or is not detectable?! I forgot if it was mentioned in the show or not that they don't have it but if it was - it might not be true. Either that, or we'll find out at a later date that that there is some form of advanced survelliance somewhere.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It would but the more i think about it, it doesn't really feel like the hybrid has been set up to be Anna's ultimate adversary - I'm feeling that's Erica with the whole Tyler/Lisa set up. I could turn out to be wrong but I fear the hybrid might be just that, a prop. What a waste.
I never thought the hybrid would be the ultimate adversary for Anna. That was always going to be Erica. But if the hybrid doesn't even spur on some kind of conflict and drama between the 2 species or has some kind of characteristic that makes it valuable to one of the 2 races (e.g. it's blood contains some kind of agent that makes it toxic for the Vs and could help the humans beat them) then the whole storyline and Valerie's entire existance as a character were a huge waste of our time and I wish the writers would have given us a different setup to Ryan's character in season 1. Something that would have actually been engaging and compelling to watch.

Quote:
Maybe it's a kind we can't see or is not detectable?! I forgot if it was mentioned in the show or not that they don't have it but if it was - it might not be true. Either that, or we'll find out at a later date that that there is some form of advanced survelliance somewhere.
I think if they had surveillance Joshua couldn't run around the mothership and kill lots of people or talk freely on his communication device. As as it is they have no surveillance on the ships. Even Scott Rosenbaum confirmed it.

From the Logan/Tyler thread:

Quote:
Right, the story would most certainly appear redudant. A renegade V turned Fifth Columner despises Anna only to later on down the road - still despise Anna?! Logically, the hybrid child storyline should add more to the development but in my opinion, I think it had much more interesting potential with Valerie still alive, rather than Ryan all alone, and with Ryan & Valerie facing this dilemma together as a couple. It could have worked to redeem their relationship and to redeem Ryan.
100% agreed. I suppose they could introduce another human love interest for him in seasons 3 or 4 but if she's only some very unimportant guest star character then they should have never killed Valerie off in the first place. It would have made way more sense to simply have Anna fake Valerie's death and then bring her character back from the grave in season 3 or 4 and then slowly have her and Ryan reconcile over their child in future seasons.

Quote:
Like, the John May/Ryan background?!
That would have also been cool but I was thinking more along the lines of Ryan deciding to switch sides because of the courtesy the human race has showed him, friendships he has formed, emotions he has gained, the free life he's allowed to live on earth compared to the dictatorship and constant brainwashing that he was subjected to when he was part of Anna's community etc. Some really multi-layered and diverse stuff instead of the sappy and one-dimensional "He met Valerie at John May's funeral and fell in love with her at first sight" backstory that we got last season. They could have still given him a romantic storyline eventually and I definitely would have prefered it if the writers had slowly developed a romantic subplot for him in context of the present time storyline that is currently unfolding instead of setting him up in an already ongoing relationship with Valerie if the Valerie and hybrid plotlines were never gonna be important to the story in the long run.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-13-2010 at 06:10 PM