Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
OMG is he the one on the left? He looks so different!
Are we sure that's him? What kind of coat is that?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Honestly? I was hoping that his DNA had been altered to make him that gullible, naive and whatnot. I wrote a fic about what the visitors really did to the Evans family, but no one can function properly without half a ladder. Wtf?

It would have made more sense to give him extra power, like in the god project. He didn't get hurt easily, he was virile or just had things about him that were extraordinary. They chose locations because of the boys,so why wasn't anything truly special about them? Veena Rai could have hidden so much and we never got to know.
The whole thing with Tyler and the V's hybrid breeding agenda never made much sense to me. To be honest, I don't even know for what the V's manipulated Tyler's DNA in the first place. If the V's were infusing guys like Tyler with superior human DNA because they were so concerned about what Human DNA was going to be introduced into the hybrid offspring, why didn't we ever see that happening with the human women that were supposed to breed with the V soldiers? And if Tyler and Lisa were supposed to conceive some sort of super hybrid, then that was never mentioned on the show either.

I think one of the many reasons why people were annoyed with the "special Tyler" storyline was that the show kept hitting the audience over the head with Tyler's specialness, yet there was never anything shown to us on-screen as to why he stood out from other humans. If you want to sell a character as special, then you have to give the audience something even if it's just some lame super powers.

Quote:
Are we sure that's him? What kind of coat is that?
It's supposedly a gothy coat.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

The V Wiki says that the V's never showed psychic powers or superpowers, but I say that's . How else do you explain Amy's bliss? also, Anna was so short-sighted, she never bothered looking into what had been going on with the sleepers on earth, especially when Diana was there. Why wouldn't they experiment with things like that?

Anna hurt my head. First she felt hybrids were mongrels, then she was obsessed with breeding, then she focused solely on boys to breed with. Like you said, they never said anything about the chicks.

My theory is that Erica had the potassium because Tyler's father could have been a male V. The 1/2 ladder missing made no sense and didn't sync with the potassium.

I would have liked Tyler better if he was 1/2 V and didn't know. That and his blind Anna love irritated me. Even Lisa tried to stop him on occasion and he didn't even listen to the woman he loved. Wtf?

I was horrified by the way he died. Being annoying is hardly a reason to cut his throat open. They could have finally improved his character in season 3 and had him join Erica or beg her to help Lisa. Sometimes I think the writers were the ones who hated Tyler, so they wrote him the way they did.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
The V Wiki says that the V's never showed psychic powers or superpowers, but I say that's . How else do you explain Amy's bliss? also, Anna was so short-sighted, she never bothered looking into what had been going on with the sleepers on earth, especially when Diana was there. Why wouldn't they experiment with things like that?
I never even understood why Amy could bliss because from what the show had shown us, blissing was a Visitor trait. And it wasn't just any Visitor trait either. Only the V Queens could bliss, so Amy would have needed to be Anna or Lisa's biological daughter to inherit the blissing ability, but Amy had a human mother in Valerie. The whole thing made no sense.

Quote:
My theory is that Erica had the potassium because Tyler's father could have been a male V. The 1/2 ladder missing made no sense and didn't sync with the potassium.

I would have liked Tyler better if he was 1/2 V and didn't know. That and his blind Anna love irritated me. Even Lisa tried to stop him on occasion and he didn't even listen to the woman he loved. Wtf?
By the time season 2 hit, I was honestly hoping for it too. Not only because of what it could have meant for Tyler's character (it could have explained why he was instinctively so strongly drawn to the V's and also explained why the V's were so desperate to have him), but also because it sadly became clear to me that Erica was getting more and more isolated from the V's up to the point where she wasn't even allowed to have a lasting positive working relationship with a V anymore. If they had went with the Tyler = hybrid reveal, they could have explored her feelings of hate and distrust for the V species and also eventually redeemed her, but obviously, that idea was too good to be true as well and never materialized. Instead, they made him an all-human kid that was unwittingly part of an all-human alien experiment.

Quote:
I was horrified by the way he died. Being annoying is hardly a reason to cut his throat open. They could have finally improved his character in season 3 and had him join Erica or beg her to help Lisa. Sometimes I think the writers were the ones who hated Tyler, so they wrote him the way they did.
I was never a Tyler fan, but I was so incredibly angry on his behalf when he got bumped off the way he did. The writers would never admit it, but it's very obvious to me that they got rid of Tyler the way they did in a last ditch attempt to secure another season. They were desperate, so they catered to the Tyler-hating fans in the worst way possible.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
It's supposedly a gothy coat.
Oh okay lol

Quote:
As of today I have Little to no $ to my name....But I'm with people that love me and that makes me the the richest I have ever been.

@Loganhuffman77 - July 17th
Aw Logan
Old 07-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Awww
Old 07-28-2011, 09:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
A photo of Logan in 8th grade:

Source

I kno the pic is blurry but I'm pretty sure that's not Logan. His face was much thinner in 8th grade plus I think that's a girl
Old 07-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I never really thought it was him. I know someone posted that on tumblr though that said they went to school with him.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:10 PM
New Fan

I lived down the street from him for years (tho his parents moved to a house a few streets away about a year ago) & we went to the same high school
Old 07-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, interesting.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

I have to say after the latest revelations, I find SR's guilt-trip concerning his writing and handling of the Tyler character even more hypocritical and phony than ever before. Not only was he clearly catering to the haters by cutting Tyler's character arc short and giving him that ultra sucky death scene, it has also become very clear now that he wouldn't have done Tyler's death any justice in the aftermath either. Erica's reaction to Tyler's death would have clearly been downplayed in the long run in favour of the fallout to Hobbes' betrayal and Lisa obviously wouldn't have mourned Tyler for long either considering that she was supposed to get romantically involved with Joshua next season. She would have been over Tyler in an instant. Not to mention that she would have ended up hooking up and falling in love with the man who not only stood by and did nothing when Anna ordered for Tyler to get killed, but he also had an active part in Tyler's murder by prepping evil dupe!Lisa for the killing. And if SR could have had his way, Erica would have hooked up with the man Tyler hated with every fiber of his being (Jack) and that hookup would have only been possible because Tyler made sure that he got kicked out of the church with his actions. Oh, the irony! Basically, SR was ready and willing to crap on Tyler from every possible direction. I was never even a fan of Tyler's, but that's just crazy and sick. SR, you were really outdoing yourself there, buddy.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Poor Tyler/Logan I feel really bad for him SR is a sadist
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have to say after the latest revelations, I find SR's guilt-trip concerning his writing and handling of the Tyler character even more hypocritical and phony than ever before. Not only was he clearly catering to the haters by cutting Tyler's character arc short and giving him that ultra sucky death scene, it has also become very clear now that he wouldn't have done Tyler's death any justice in the aftermath either. Erica's reaction to Tyler's death would have clearly been downplayed in the long run in favour of the fallout to Hobbes' betrayal and Lisa obviously wouldn't have mourned Tyler for long either considering that she was supposed to get romantically involved with Joshua next season. She would have been over Tyler in an instant. Not to mention that she would have ended up hooking up and falling in love with the man who not only stood by and did nothing when Anna ordered for Tyler to get killed, but he also had an active part in Tyler's murder by prepping evil dupe!Lisa for the killing. And if SR could have had his way, Erica would have hooked up with the man Tyler hated with every fiber of his being (Jack) and that hookup would have only been possible because Tyler made sure that he got kicked out of the church with his actions. Oh, the irony! Basically, SR was ready and willing to crap on Tyler from every possible direction. I was never even a fan of Tyler's, but that's just crazy and sick. SR, you were really outdoing yourself there, buddy.
SR and a guilt-trip?! Right, like any of his other writing on this show even made up for his handling of Tyler.

Tyler was certainly screwed over big time. Like I said, I was always kind of indifferent to the character but willing to give him a chance to see where things ultimately lead. Never in a million years, in all my Tyler theories, did I first believe this kind of direction would have unfolded for Tyler - the son of the main heroine of the show. It wasn't until after I witnessed the entire writing being shot to hell, along with all of it's characters, that none of this surprised me in the least. Actually, I started to theorize on these kinds of wretched things.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
SR and a guilt-trip?! Right, like any of his other writing on this show even made up for his handling of Tyler.
I know, but SR did claim at Wondercon that he felt bad that he didn't write a more interesting version of Tyler and that the viewers hated him as much as they did. I think actions speak louder than words, though.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

He felt bad, but instead of reedeming Tyler he killed him