Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

When we got the news that Marc Singer's character could become a series regular I tried to be optimistic and threw out the possibility that both he and Mark Hildreth could be bumped up to series regular status, but now I'm thinking that the producers might be giving it to Amy instead once she's fully grown up, which should already be happening early on in season 3. How depressing if a Fifth Column V in Joshua gets the shaft in favor of an evil hybrid kid. A hybrid who's not even being treated like a hybrid, but just like another evil V, really.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, yeah, that's very probable. They'll cast some regular actress to play Amy in order to further the 'evil V agenda.' And when we put it into perspective like that, it actually even makes sense too why Marc Singer could be cast as a regular while Mark/Joshua would get the shaft. Marc's character will apparently be a part of this HUGE global movement to dispose of anything 'V' from the planet while a former Fifth Column V operative like Joshua clearly has no place in the story anymore.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I am getting more and more the feeling that Joshua will mainly be kept around as a prop in Lisa's story, which will most likely only serve to isolate both characters further and further from the human story. And what's so ironic is that I always wanted another female series regular on the show, but I wanted her to be a human resistance fighter or a Fifth Column V for the sake of balance. Gosh, I think I would have even taken a human V collaborator, but I definitely didn't want another evil Visitor or hybrid chick that I couldn't care less about, so of course that's probably exactly what I am going to get.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

I hope that if there is a season 3 at least Joshua has more screen time than he had in season 2
Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly?! I'm only going to care about Joshua getting more screentime at this point if his storyline is worth it. I'm sick of all our characters, mainly our Fifth Column V's, getting so played down. I'm really dreading the idea of a Ryan repeat here. Maybe not resulting in death, but a definite 180 degree turn in storyline direction that will be pointless and disgrace the character in some form or another.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Honestly?! I'm only going to care about Joshua getting more screentime at this point if his storyline is worth it. I'm sick of all our characters, mainly our Fifth Column V's, getting so played down. I'm really dreading the idea of a Ryan repeat here. Maybe not resulting in death, but a definite 180 degree turn in storyline direction that will be pointless and disgrace the character in some form or another.
Me too. One could sadly make the argument that it already started considering that Joshua didn't seem all too bothered when he prepped dupe!Lisa for her evil mating act and murder of Tyler.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Me too. One could sadly make the argument that it already started considering that Joshua didn't seem all too bothered when he prepped dupe!Lisa for her evil mating act and murder of Tyler.
Exactly, the downplaying has already begun - it started with the memory loss 'storyline' and has been declining from there. If one were to glance at Joshua's character from just this season alone, one wouldn't even be able to tell that this was once a character who held a HIGH Fifth Column V sleeper position on the mothership.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly, the downplaying has already begun - it started with the memory loss 'storyline' and has been declining from there. If one were to glance at Joshua's character from just this season alone, one wouldn't even be able to tell that this was once a character who held a HIGH Fifth Column V sleeper position on the mothership.
I know it really doesn't matter anymore, but I totally agree. It really says it all that Joshua was my favorite Fifth Column V character back in season 1 but I ended up growing indifferent towards him over the course of season 2. The writers suddenly reduced his screentime to the level of an extra character and correct me if I am wrong, but I think he didn't do 1 single worthwhile thing that helped to push the Fifth Column agenda forward during the entire season. All I can maybe give him is him covering for Lisa in episode 9 and that really wasn't much at all. But I can think of quite a few things he did in favour of Anna's agenda, even after he had regained his memories.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I know it really doesn't matter anymore, but I totally agree. It really says it all that Joshua was my favorite Fifth Column V character back in season 1 but I ended up growing indifferent towards him over the course of season 2. The writers suddenly reduced his screentime to the level of an extra character and correct me if I am wrong, but I think he didn't do 1 single worthwhile thing that helped to push the Fifth Column agenda forward during the entire season. All I can maybe give him is him covering for Lisa in episode 9 and that really wasn't much at all. But I can think of quite a few things he did in favour of Anna's agenda, even after he had regained his memories.
Yup. And a problem with him willingly moving forward with Anna's agenda, especially with his memories intact once again, is that this was a character who was once willing to step forward and sacrifice himself (before David stopped him) so that his fellow comrades wouldn't have to suffer Anna's punishment. This was a character who was supposed to have gained insight into emotion, feelings of empathy, and even if he WAS keeping his cover - it's bothersome that we didn't at least get to see him conflicted onscreen when going along with it. Like, pan the camera in on Joshua showing some kind of emotion when Anna isn't watching.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yup. And a problem with him willingly moving forward with Anna's agenda, especially with his memories intact once again, is that this was a character who was once willing to step forward and sacrifice himself (before David stopped him) so that his fellow comrades wouldn't have to suffer Anna's punishment. This was a character who was supposed to have gained insight into emotion, feelings of empathy, and even if he WAS keeping his cover - it's bothersome that we didn't at least get to see him conflicted onscreen when going along with it. Like, pan the camera in on Joshua showing some kind of emotion when Anna isn't watching.
Yup. It's very bothersome that we didn't even get a reaction shot of Joshua. It's possible that they may have shot something and it got cut, but I find it very doubtful in light of the sparse screentime Joshua was given throughout the entire second half of the season. And now that I think about it, what would have happened to Lisa and Joshua's relationship once she finds out that he had an active hand in Tyler's murder and didn't do anything to stop it? I think the writers could have very well used this issue to eventually rip the Lisa/Joshua relationship to shreds and further underline how bad and dysfunctional the Visitors are and how their species is not worth saving. Geez.

I just found this wonderful clip of Mark singing 'Magic Spell' in studio: YouTube - ‪Magic Spell live studio version.mov‬‏

I him.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-02-2011 at 05:14 PM
Old 06-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yup. It's very bothersome that we didn't even get a reaction shot of Joshua. It's possible that they may have shot something and it got cut, but I find it very doubtful in light of the sparse screentime Joshua was given throughout the entire second half of the season. And now that I think about it, what would have happened to Lisa and Joshua's relationship once she finds out that he had an active hand in Tyler's murder and didn't do anything to stop it? I think the writers could have very well used this issue to eventually rip the Lisa/Joshua relationship to shreds and further underline how bad and dysfunctional the Visitors are and how their species is not worth saving. Geez
Oh, gosh, yeah - I never even thought about that avenue yet it would have been right there in our faces! Totally overlooked that but now that it's been brought up I have no doubt that SR would have used this 'tactic' to have caused conflict between Lisa/Joshua down the road.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Yeah, I agree ...that is if she were ever to escape the dungeon at that.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ True, and I was always suspicious that 'Real!Lisa's' screentime was going to be downplayed anyway by Fake!Lisa's. At least for awhile.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

I just found this awesome fan questionare on Mark's website. It's fairly long, but it's a great read for anyone who wants to know more about him: http://www.mark-hildreth.com/press/fanquestionaire.pdf
Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool, thanks for sharing.