Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I wouldn't have minded Jack being the one there to comfort ERica, and to maybe help guide her back in the right direction. But as a friend. It's the romantic and triangle/quadangle implications that have me dreading it.
I'm only dreading the triangle/quadrangle implications
Old 03-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Agreed, but let's face it. All the human characters will be more or less reduced to meaningless soap opera crap now. They don't even have anything to tie them back to the V theme anymore. That's how divided the overall plot has become under the new direction.
I know.

Which I do have to say, I kind of feel bad for anyone who does ship Jack/ERica as more than friends. Because I'm sure that alot would like to see the development of a real sincere relationship, even if I'm not into that. But I fear that they might be just as disappointed when it gets boggled down with all that soap opera crap aka. Triangles/Quadangles. Like Anna said she was dreading up above.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Which I do have to say, I kind of feel bad for anyone who does ship Jack/ERica as more than friends. Because I'm sure that alot would like to see the development of a real sincere relationship, even if I'm not into that. But I fear that they might be just as disappointed when it gets boggled down with all that soap opera crap aka. Triangles/Quadangles. Like Anna said she was dreading up above.
Thanks . I think so too. I personally hate triangles/quadrangles, but I'm sadly used to them . The only couple I ship that hasn't been through this crap are Brenda/Fritz from The Closer (7 years without a triangle, and I'm sure it will stay like that). I think there are other ways to add drama/trouble to a relationship, there is no need to add a third person I hate when that happens, especially when they use that third person as a plot device.

At this point I'll take what we get, I'm not too worried about that, maybe it's because I'm so used to it

But back to Jack, I really liked him this season (as much or even more than in season 1). Like Erica said, he was the only one who held strong on what he believes in . I'm glad they didn't have him go dark this season, like they did with other characters. Him and Lisa were my favorite characters this season

I really liked his scene with Anna in the finale too
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
But back to Jack, I really liked him this season (as much or even more than in season 1). Like Erica said, he was the only one who held strong on what he believes in . I'm glad they didn't have him go dark this season, like they did with other characters. Him and Lisa were my favorite characters this season

That's true, but I also found that line very ironic because I am so sure it won't last. Engaging in short term sexual relations definitely does not fall in that category. I just know it. If there's a season 3 of this show, I sadly won't be able to take Jack seriously anymore because he will be turning his belief system on and off like a light switch.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 03-23-2011 at 06:45 AM
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
Thanks . I think so too. I personally hate triangles/quadrangles, but I'm sadly used to them . The only couple I ship that hasn't been through this crap are Brenda/Fritz from The Closer (7 years without a triangle, and I'm sure it will stay like that). I think there are other ways to add drama/trouble to a relationship, there is no need to add a third person I hate when that happens, especially when they use that third person as a plot device.

At this point I'll take what we get, I'm not too worried about that, maybe it's because I'm so used to it
Exactly! That's how I feel too, which is why I have a hard time getting into shows now that are too relationship-focused. Not because I'm opposed to the development of relationships on a TV show but because I know what kind of plot devices get used to bring 'drama' to a couple. It's basically always a third party interloper and soap opera antics - which bores me to tears. I outgrew 'soap operas' awhile ago. Before, I used to get heated/upset, lol, when watching but now - I just get so bored I feel like 'tuning out' (mentally and physically, lol).

Quote:

I was actually pleased to see that too but like Alex, I do have a fear that it won't last. Right now, Jack is sticking to his core beliefs, which I feel is important to the character. I don't know how it will stick once the triangles and Quadangle drama is thrown more into the mix.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure season 3 will be a Jack/Erica fest. Tyler's dead. Ryan's dead. Lisa's stuck in a dungeon. Chad has whatever problems with Anna. Hobbes has left town. Sidney is MIA. Who else is left for Erica to interact with besides Jack? All I can come up with are Chris, Kendrick and possibly dupe!Lisa and that's it, so, yeah ...
Old 04-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah ... just about.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
yeah ... just about.
Yup, and I'm feeling rather sure that Hobbes will conveniently return after Erica and Jack have hooked up and he will function as a jealously/insecurity tool for Erica/Jack. Makes me wonder if I am actually still watching a sci-fi show about an alien invasion and not a cheap daytime soap opera.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think that's what will happen too, Alex. And while I really want more Jack/Erica scenes, I feel sad because he is literally the only one she has now.

Quote:
Exactly! That's how I feel too, which is why I have a hard time getting into shows now that are too relationship-focused. Not because I'm opposed to the development of relationships on a TV show but because I know what kind of plot devices get used to bring 'drama' to a couple. It's basically always a third party interloper and soap opera antics - which bores me to tears. I outgrew 'soap operas' awhile ago. Before, I used to get heated/upset, lol, when watching but now - I just get so bored I feel like 'tuning out' (mentally and physically, lol).
Agreed.

Quote:
I was actually pleased to see that too but like Alex, I do have a fear that it won't last. Right now, Jack is sticking to his core beliefs, which I feel is important to the character. I don't know how it will stick once the triangles and Quadangle drama is thrown more into the mix.
I only hope he doesn't go dark or that he doesn't get brainwashed by Amy's bliss

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 04-03-2011 at 01:56 AM
Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi
I only hope he doesn't go dark or that he doesn't get brainwashed by Amy's bliss
I was actually wondering about side effects/consequences of the bliss on humans and what it might mean for Jack. Do you think it's possible he might suffer from some form of amnesia and will forget his past life for awhile?! It was a possibility I was considering since it was a finale cliffhanger.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

As expected, the V writers definitely aren't looking at things closely when it comes to the defrocking of priests:

Quote:
Mitchell says there's definitely some chemistry between Erica and Father Jack that could develop in season three, now that he's no longer a priest. They shot some scenes in season two that showcased Erica and Jack's romantic chemistry, which they never aired, including one where Jack just leans in close and looks at Erica meaningfully.

io9. We come from the future.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nope, apparently not. But then again, what are they really following closely on their show.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was actually wondering about side effects/consequences of the bliss on humans and what it might mean for Jack. Do you think it's possible he might suffer from some form of amnesia and will forget his past life for awhile?! It was a possibility I was considering since it was a finale cliffhanger.
Hm..I don't think he will get amnesia. This show is very unpredictable though But I hope that doesn't happen.

There's more about that deleted scene:

Quote:
When Mitchell revealed that there were several scenes cut from the season finale, including one where Erica finds out that Hobbes was partially responsible for her ex-husband’s death, we were pleasantly surprised. She also alluded to a scene where Jack makes a move on Erica, now that he is no longer a man of the cloth. “There’s a scene that they never showed, where Father Jack…moves in. And he gets really close, and she just looks at him like, ‘Whoa! Ok…’ We shot it, and it was really fun. There’s got to be something there. We had far more romantic tension scenes, but they were all cut, so they should be on the DVD.”
Source

It happened in the finale, and apparently they had more than one or two romantic tension scenes that got cut

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 04-06-2011 at 01:17 AM
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nope, apparently not. But then again, what are they really following closely on their show.
Er, nothing? Seriously, the Jack character gets kicked out of the church and he immediately starts to display jealousy and make moves on Erica. The way the writers are going about it makes the character look like a totally love sick prop and it makes it very hard for me to take him seriously. And obviously, it's only a matter of time until I will lose respect for him completely.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not liking it because this is making it look like Jack left the 'cloth' so that he could pursue a woman, instead of it having to do with the establishment and loyalities of the Church when it came to Jack's beliefs/faith.