Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Claire for me too. See, there's just so many and I'm sure I'm not even listing them all!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think at this point, I probably wouldn't even be able to decide which of my characters got the biggest shaft of them all. Juliet, Erica, Chloe and Edie would probably be the front-runners for me, though. And I can add Prue to my list as well, by the way. I liked her a lot in Charmed and was sad when she got offed.

Oh well, on the bright side, at least Olivia's story on Fringe is getting more and more intriguing as time goes on. And Rick continues to be a very well written and likable hero on The Walking Dead. I know he isn't female, but I take it.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 07-04-2011 at 11:16 AM
Old 07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I know. But, you're right, I think at this point - Olivia is the only one that is progressing nicely. I think the only 'taint' I have is that I didn't care for the FauxOlivia/Peter baby storyline. It sucks BUT ... the one on Roswell was ten times worse for me because of the way the writing built up my fav. couple.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't like the Peter/Fauxlivia baby storyline either, but I wouldn't view it as a blemish on Olivia. More like a blemish on the show.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol, that and it could be considered a blemish on Peter/Olivia to those fans too. Luckily for me, while I like Peter/Olivia and still think the baby storyline bites for them - the way they fit into the show and how Olivia's character impacts the storyline apart from that doesn't leave me with as bad a taste in my mouth as Roswell did. In Roswell, the character of Liz was tainted for me in the final season. It sucked what they did to her.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, while I like Peter/Olivia and how their relationship ties into the overarching plot arc, I can't say I ship them so that might be why I don't necessarily view it as a blemish on Olivia as an individual character. And to be honest, I thought the storyline would be much much worse. That may play a role too.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

I don't like Peter/Olivia and I don't like the baby storyline either. But I think that's because I like Fauxlivia a lot and I don't like that kind of storyline for her. I feel like she's being used. I view it as a blemish to her character more than a blemish for Polivia or Olivia as an individual character, because I'm sure they will end up together. So unless the baby (Henry?) has an awesome purpose or something I don't think it's necessary for the storyline

That being said, I thought it would be much worse too, and so far, it's not that bad.

Oh, I don't like Lincoln/Fauxlivia either I liked her with Frank

Last edited by ~ayumi~; 07-05-2011 at 12:37 AM
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I can see how it can be viewed as a blemish on 'Fauxolivia' too if the 'baby' storyline was just a ploy to create drama for Peter/Olivia. That's why there are no winners in those stories because it ends up pissing off all the fans on both ends. Nobody wants their favorite character/couple used, just like nobody wants their favorite couple tainted by a baby from a third party somewhere.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

That's so true Heather
Old 07-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and like I told Alex, Roswell will forever be my sad reminder of that kind of ploy/tactic being used. I don't think it's as bad on Fringe, though, two totally different 'animals' so to speak.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Can we be sure that the baby still exists now that Peter has never existed? I would think the baby is gone too, but that being said, I don't think the reset will last unless the writers find some other way to bring him back into the story. We'll see.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah what will happen to the baby? I really can't wait for season 4! I don't think the reset will last either, but who knows?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought about the baby too in the finale. Technically, Peter's lack of existence would erase the existence of the baby. Also, in regards to the 'reset' - if it backtracks enough in order to allow Peter to exist, it could be something along the lines of a partial reset where cetain events still remain changed but not everything. Like for example, maybe enough will be changed so that our Olivia isn't killed in the future etc.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Do you know what I just noticed Heather? Even The Event got things right with their main protagonists. Sean Walker was romantically involved with a half human/ half extra terrestrial hybrid and the wife of the president was an alien. SR has got to be fcking kidding me. How is it possible that every writer in Hollywood gets it right except for him? How?
I sense some residual anger reaching the surface!!! Kidding, lol. Point taken, though, SR's vision clashes with just about EVERY other sci-fi writer who seems to understand the magical formula that makes an interspecies story work.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-11-2011 at 07:15 PM
Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Heather, what happened to your post? It's stuck in mine.

Quote:
I sense some residual anger reaching the surface!!! Kidding, lol.
I think whenever I watch a show or movie of this magnitude again and see how the main protagonist gets involved with a person from the other species, I'll automatically be reminded of V and how SR screwed everything up. Like I said before. It's already happening to me with Olivia and Fringe.

Quote:
Point taken, though, SR's vision clashes with just about EVERY other sci-fi writer who seems to understand the magical formula that makes an interspecies story work.
Yep. And the problem doesn't only pertain to Erica even though she's the most glaring omission because of her status (main character). No human character in the resistance movement was going to get an interspecies romance with a V. Not Erica. Not Jack. Not Hobbes. Not Chad. Not Sidney and sure as heck not Kendrick or Bolling. The whole planet had developed into a Visitor-free zone. It was ridiculous.