Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Well, that's some good news for her at least. She deserves it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

Looking back on season 2, I'm once again wondering why the producers decided to cast such a young actor like Bret in the Sidney role. This is not meant as a knock on Bret. He was great and cute as Sidney, but when I read the character description, I thought someone in their thirties or fourties would be a more believable/realistic choice. When I stumbled upon the rumor that Sidney would be a potential love interest for Lisa, the casting choice made sense to me because he and Laura would have fit together very well, but that rumor was obviously bogus. Sidney and Lisa never even talked to each other nor would a Sidney/Lisa pairing have fit anywhere into the anti-species story SR was telling. So, I am left to assume that they simply cast a young and cute guy like Bret as Sidney in hopes that they could get more teenagers to tune into the show. I can see no other reason for it at this point.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

When I read that they were looking for a "Clooney-esque scientist" I thought he would be at least 40! I was really surprised when they casted a young actor like Brett to play this role.

I remember that rumor about Sidney and Lisa. It's true that they would have fit very well, but I was fearing for his life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001
So, I am left to assume that they simply cast a young and cute guy like Bret as Sidney in hopes that they could get more teenagers to tune into the show. I can see no other reason for it at this point.
I think you're right.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's interesting. But I do agree, sometimes the networks/writers will make certain choices, whether in story or cast, in order to attract a certain group in the demo.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fox To Bring Back ‘Breaking In’ With 13-Ep. Order, Buy New Adam Goldberg Comedy

It looks like comedy Breaking In has done the impossible, beating cancellation for a second time. I hear Fox is about to give the single-camera comedy starring Christian Slater and Bret Harrison a 13-epiosde midseason order in a complex deal with series producer Sony Pictures TV, which is still being finalized. It also includes a script commitment with penalty to a comedy pitch by Breaking In co-creator Adam F. Goldberg. The untitled 1980s family comedy, which like Breaking In is co-produced by Sony TV and Happy Madison, hit the market last week and had been pursued by all Big 4 networks.

When all is said and done, this would mark a second improbable return from the dead for Breaking In, created by Goldberg and Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon, which was ordered to pilot during the 2009-10 season. Despite raking as Fox’s highest testing pilot back then, the network passed on the workplace comedy set at a digital security firm. Sony kept the project alive by extending the options on the cast. Fox then ordered 2 additional scripts, and in November, the network gave Breaking In a seven-episode midseason order and a post-American Idol time slot. But in May the network canceled the show before it had finished its freshman run. Sony once again fought on. And, in a promising sign that the network had faith in the show and was open to reconsidering its decision, it joined Sony TV is shouldering the cost for extending the cast’s options and then put Breaking In on the list of contenders for its 2-hour midseason comedy block. “We all liked Breaking In but…we had to make a judgment call,” Fox’s entertainment president Kevin Reilly said at TCA last month. “It still has a shot. You know what? Stranger things have happened.” By surviving cancellation twice, Breaking In would join Family Guy as the only shows ever to do it. The entire cast is expected to come back, including Odette Annable, who recently joined House as a new regular with a deal that includes provisions allowing her to also appear on Breaking In.

As for Goldberg’s new project, it is described as an autobiographical show about growing up in the 1980s with a highly screwed up but loving family. Given the Breaking In renewal, the time frame for the show’s development is still in flux as Goldberg, who is under an overall deal at Sony TV, is expected to concentrate his immediate attention on re-starting Breaking In. With the deal, Fox is doubling down on Goldberg and his voice in an effort to make the network his home. Goldberg started off in TV as writer of Syfy’s 2001 comedy pilot Area 52 and as writer-producer on CBS’ sitcom Still Standing. He segued into movies, writing Fanboys and also working on the DreamWorks animated comedies Monsters vs. Aliens and How to Train Your Dragon. He continues to be busy in features, recently penning the How to Train Your Dragon‘s followup How to Hatch Your Dragon. He also is writing Simon Bloom: The Gravity Keeper.

Fox To Bring Back ‘Breaking In’ With 13-Ep. Order, Buy New Adam Goldberg Comedy – Deadline.com
I can't believe it. Congrats to Bret on the (late) renewal, though.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to Bret
Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that's quite a feat to overcome. Beating cancellation twice?!! Good for it and good luck for Bret.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

While I am happy for Bret and the rest of the cast and crew, I can't help feeling a little bit disappointed that Fox would renew a show like Breaking In, which will probably struggle to score a 2.0 in the ratings without the American Idol lead-in, while deciding not to pick up shows like Exit Strategy with Ethan Hawke or Locke & Key, which had really strong reviews. I would have really liked to watch those 2 shows, especially Locke & Key.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-25-2011 at 01:02 PM
Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, I don't always understand the networks choices either. I thought something simliar when CW cancelled LUX, but Nikita dropped to a 0.9 demo at one point and they still kept it. LUX NEVER dropped that low and it got rave reviews from critics.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

In remembrance of Sidney:

Old 10-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Bye, Sid, you were a funny character
Old 10-02-2011, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

I'm going to miss Sidney's cute face. And his jokes. It doesn't matter anymore, but now that 'Breaking In' had a surprise renewal after all, we probably wouldn't have seen him again even if there had been a season 3 of V anyway.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

I'm gonna miss his cute face and his jokes too And yeah, we wouldn't have seen him anyway I'm happy for Brett though, he deserves it!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayumi~ (View Post)
I'm gonna miss his cute face and his jokes too And yeah, we wouldn't have seen him anyway I'm happy for Brett though, he deserves it!
He does. I think at the most, we maybe would have seen one or two Sidney appearance at the beginning of the season and they probably would have resulted in his random death to free up Bret for his new show. At least now we can pretend that Sidney gets to live on.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
He does. I think at the most, we maybe would have seen one or two Sidney appearance at the beginning of the season and they probably would have resulted in his random death to free up Bret for his new show. At least now we can pretend that Sidney gets to live on.
Yes In our head!canon Sidney lives