Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

Board Closing: Going out on top ...

We want to thank everyone for their input on the future of this board, but after careful consideration of all the pros and cons, we have come to the conclusion that it would be for the best to go out on a high note and close the board after reaching 50k. The board will be closed on Sunday, October 2.

Testimonals

I want to thank everyone for their time spent on this board. I always had a blast modding it. Even when it became apparent that the show went way off track, the awesome posters and the great discussions we shared still made it a worthwhile experience and the board would have never been able to stay open for as long as it did without all of your support and dedication. I also want to thank my co-mod Heather, who has modded this board with me since the very beginning. It's been a great pleasure working with you and I'm really going to miss it. Hopefully, our paths will cross in another fandom at some point in the future and if god has mercy on us, things may work out a little bit better for us then. I would also love cross paths with some of our posters in other fandoms again because I'll miss them and the discussions the most once this board finally closes.
- Alex (Hamburgo1001)

I would like to begin by stating that it's been a great pleasure to mod this board. I'm extremely grateful to the administration and managers of this forum who gave me the opportunity to become a moderator here for the first time. I found this board just after it opened up and I remember with fondness all the expectations I held for this show. Needless to say, things didn't work out to my liking; however, I will forever be grateful that I became a member of this community on . I met some great people here and we've shared some awesome theories on what V was all about and what could have been.

The truth is that I felt mixed feelings regarding this show's cancellation. My honest opinion was that the writing didn't warrant or deserve a continuation of a third season. I feel sad openly admitting this fact but that was my conclusion after S2 was finished. Then, there was always the part of me that wanted to hold onto some small hope that things could improve or get better - even if that hope was in vain. However, in the end, what does sadden me the most about the cancellation of V is that it managed to achieve what I expected it most likely would: putting an end to most of our smaller online community. All of the posters and the discussions are what I'm going to miss the most about this board when it is finally closed.

Alex, I would like to take the time to acknowledge that it's been a great pleasure to co-mod this board with you. I'm really going to miss that but hopefully I will still find the time to be able to meet up with you on other boards where we share a common interest. I very much enjoyed our many discussions here. You and I were hoping for many of the same directions to play out on V and as a result of this we had fun with our speculations; however, we also experienced the downside and all of those many disappointments together. I think we were able to share an awesome working relationship together here on the V board and we both did our best to keep this place as fun and as laid back as possible, so that posters could come and have discussions of all kinds, whether it was about the positive aspects regarding V or even the negative and constructive feedback to the episodes.

Thank you to everyone who helped to make this board as successful as it has been for so long. We couldn't have done it without all of you.
~ Heather (Grhmlz)
Old 09-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for topping this, Alex.

Going to miss having this place to come to.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Thanks for topping this, Alex.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Going to miss having this place to come to.
Me too.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, i think we made the right decision. If V had been more successful, I probably would have definitely reconsidered some, even with such a low amount of posters but since that's not the case, I think it's in the best interest of the board to let it go.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yeah, i think we made the right decision. If V had been more successful, I probably would have definitely reconsidered some, even with such a low amount of posters but since that's not the case, I think it's in the best interest of the board to let it go.
I agree. If V had been a well written show with logical storytelling, I may have decided to keep the board open even if it was only you and me posting. At least then, this board could have been a nice tribute to the show. But unfortunately, the show became what it became and that makes it nearly impossible to have positive discussions about it.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I agree. If V had been a well written show with logical storytelling, I may have decided to keep the board open even if it was only you and me posting. At least then, this board could have been a nice tribute to the show. But unfortunately, the show became what it became and that makes it nearly impossible to have positive discussions about it.
Exactly, and it's depressing not to have anything you really like to discuss.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for posting this, I'm sure it was a difficult decision, but I too think it's the right thing to do. It's better to go out on top

I loved this board and posting with you guys It has been an awesome experience.

I wanna thank Alex and Heather again for their awesome work modding this board I'll miss reading your thoughts on the show. Also, your testimonials almost made me cry

And I enjoyed posting in the Jerica threads with Ross, Leo, Jen, Saar, Lez and the others, and our jepic jewatches I'll miss that too. I had a lot of fun posting with you guys.

I'll miss you, board
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anna, thank you. You've been one of our most loyal posters, and I'm definitely going to miss posting with you here.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for your kind words Anna. Like Heather said, you've been one of our most loyal posters and I'm gonna miss posting on this board with you.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you guys, I'll miss it too

Heather, I hope you visit Elizabeth's board from time to time so we can talk
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Absolutely.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last day, everybody!!! RIP, V board!!! Farewell!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's going to be over soon. RIP, V board! You will be missed!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Haven't really been here since I quit watching V ages ago but um, it was nice here, the mods were great, ~ayumi~ /Anna was great and good luck to all!

B&B

Clana4ever
Old 10-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydenfan4ever (View Post)

Haven't really been here since I quit watching V ages ago but um, it was nice here, the mods were great, ~ayumi~ /Anna was great and good luck to all!
Aw, thanks for stopping by again. I completely understand why you probably stopped watching, though. A big part of me wanted to.