Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Their Tony Performance was amazing
Censorship is bad, luckily we don't have it here

I like Touch Me too I can't choose a favorite, because Word of your Body and The Guilty Ones are all amazing
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
Is it bad that I'm kind of pissed that the guy who recorded the last performance didn't get the entire kiss?

So I finally saw SA live last week and it was amazing. I preferred Jon/Lea as Melchior/Wendla though. I also realized that "Touch Me" might be my favorite song from SA. I love "The Word of Your Body", "The Guilty Ones" and "Totally Fcked" but there's something about "Touch Me" that I absolutely adore.
Not bad at all. I was like really? Of all moments to jerk the camera...

That' so amazing that you got to see SA Amy! I really want to see it when it comes relatively close to me around March. I looked up videos to see if I approve of the Wendla/Melchior and I can't say I was complaining (at least it's no Hunter or Alexandria... )

All of those songs are amazing. As of now my favorite (although this changes daily) are The Mirror-Blue Night and Whispering. But that might just be a bias to Lea and Jon's versions. I doubt I'll like them as much when they are sung by other people.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaLLea (View Post)
I like Touch Me too I can't choose a favorite, because Word of your Body and The Guilty Ones are all amazing
Touch Me just sounded amazing live and in-person. Then again so did WOYB, TGO and TF. There was just something about Touch Me that was just perfection. I can't put my finger on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
Not bad at all. I was like really? Of all moments to jerk the camera...
I knew at least you'd feel my pain, Britt. I mean, why couldn't he have done that during one of the scenes with the adults or something?

Quote:
That' so amazing that you got to see SA Amy! I really want to see it when it comes relatively close to me around March. I looked up videos to see if I approve of the Wendla/Melchior and I can't say I was complaining (at least it's no Hunter or Alexandria... )
Now you have me curious about Hunter and Alexandria. Don't get me wrong, Christoher/Elizabeth were both wonderful as Melchior/Wendla and they had their own way of playing the scenes which was nice. It's just Jon/Lea were so perfect in those roles that it's hard for anyone to live up to them. I thought the girl who played Ilse was wonderful. Her voice was amazing. The guy who played Moritz wasn't too shabby either. I also thought Elizabeth sounded a little bit like Lea on some of the songs.

Quote:
All of those songs are amazing. As of now my favorite (although this changes daily) are The Mirror-Blue Night and Whispering. But that might just be a bias to Lea and Jon's versions. I doubt I'll like them as much when they are sung by other people.
I really need to get the soundtrack. I was going to buy it last Wednesday but they wanted $20 but I figured I could get it cheaper than that online. I like the character of Melchior so I'm in love with the majority of his songs including The Mirror-Blue Night. Whispering broke my heart b/c as everything was playing out onstage I kept watching Melchior.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 11-14-2010 at 05:46 PM
Old 11-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're right, Touch Me is really awesome when Lea is singing this song Live, at the end of the song OMG And everytime Lea and Jon kiss I'm like Ahhh so sweet

But is there a cd of SA that you can buy or not? Because I looked for this but couldn't find it. I have the songs from internet, but still Don't know if you ever release musical numbers on CD?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I knoooow what you mean about the camera jerk at the total wrong time!! I was like moving as to try and see it when watching though it's the video haha!! I was like NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I agree JRBudgrl8, Touch Me is AMAZING live. It's something to do with all the layers, it sounds sooo wonderful. The one that totally gave me shivers was the Song of Purple Summer... I don't really like the recording so much, but live the voices just resonated around the whole theatre. Simply stunning!

Watching the videos I totally am in love with Lea's Whispering, but sadly our version (it was a recreation here in Australia, not the Broadway version) it didn't quite have the same feeling ... or maybe it was the girl. I wasn't feeling her so much - though the rest of the cast was brilliant! But then again, she was trying to live up to Lea in my head so, poor girl! haha!!! No, I really tried to look at it without comparisons but the character was played rather differently and it didn't quite sit right with me - so that probably has something to do with it!

And Linda, you can totally buy Spring Awakening soundtrack! It has the Original Broadway Cast so includes Lea, Jon, etc! It is fantastic! Look it up on Amazon or Ebay - that's where I got mine
Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that
I tried to look it up, but for some kind of strange reason my computer couldn't find the CD. Gonna buy it right away
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Has anyone heard the audio on tumblr of JGJ calling out someone for texting in the audience of AI over the weekend? I love that he manged to be so calm about it, I know I wouldn't of been.

Gosh, I'd love to be friends with any of the OBC of Spring Awakening. They all seem like such sweet, cool, nice people.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah I've heard that, Nat.

When I first heard it, it was just like

I'm so glad that he did that because people who text in the freaking front of the theatre while the show is going is just plane out stupid. I also liked that he apologized in case it really was an emergency.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thinks it's stupid too
You don't need to text while you're watching a musical, especially not this musical Some people just don't get that! funny he apoligized!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I hate when people have their phones with sound during those kinds of things. It's just disrespectful. I'm so glad JGJ called him/her out. It's what Billy Armstrong would do, lol.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He seemed so calm but you could tell he was a little pissed off. His apology was slightly adorable given that he really didn't do anything wrong. Broadway people, they're all so professional.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I haven't heard it ... does anyone have a link? I've tried looking for it unsuccessfully!

It totally bugs me aswell ... it distracts me, an audience member so much, it must've distracted the cast too if he pointed it out!!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Here's a link, Ava.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Way to go John! Like seriously, why are you at the play if you're not gonna pay attention?
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 11-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsmiling (View Post)
And I agree JRBudgrl8, Touch Me is AMAZING live. It's something to do with all the layers, it sounds sooo wonderful. The one that totally gave me shivers was the Song of Purple Summer... I don't really like the recording so much, but live the voices just resonated around the whole theatre. Simply stunning!
You can call me Amy. It definitely had to do with all of the layers that just resonated throughout the theater when they sang Touch Me. The Mirror-Blue Night sounded amazing live too. Those You've Known was just so haunting and sad that it made me tear up a bit.

Speaking of rude people during a performance, some jackass last week didn't put their phone on silent or vibrate and it rang when Melchior is in the graveyard. I was so freaking pissed. It just completely takes you out of the moment as a member of the audience so I can't even imagine what it's like as an actor.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara