Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didn't say puck was better than finn, or pr is better than fr, i just compared the two. i didn't say one was better than the other. i don't agree with finn's actions toward rachel, and i do agree with most of puck's because let's face it... it's puck.. but i'm not saying one is totally better than other. we are all allowed to have different opinions, and i was just expressing mine, and i don't think we should censor ourselves because other people online can't be respectful,
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

I think there's a difference between censoring yourself and being aware that this, at the moment, is a volatile fandom. So, whether it's intended or not, sometimes things come across as things that could potentially and unnecessarily cause arguments (especially when on this board, for example, there are obviously more active participants who ship one thing over the other. Sometimes you have to think of everybody else.)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

i'm well aware of the volatile fandom, i think it's really stupid that it is, everyone is allowed to ship who they want to ship without feeling like they are being attacked for shipping said ship. honestly and that's why i stay away from the LJ comm whenever i can. it just causes so much wank, and i don't want any part of it. and think some people read stuff to cause arguments because that's what they want to happen, nothing in my first post suggested that i wanted to start an argument, i was just stating my opinion on puck and finn and how they treat and act around rachel, that's all, and i'm pretty sure that i am allowed to express those opinions. and i was attacking the other ship or their shippers, i was just stating my opinion, and i think i should be able to do that.
▌casey · © ·
Old 03-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Stupid or not, it is what it is. And you're right, everyone can certainly express their opinion. And that's what Kyls did when she posted about comparing ships. Though, honestly, I'm not sure you (and not just you) understand how uncomfortable it is to be a FR shipper around here sometimes.

But I shouldn't be talking for Kyls. Sorry. Peace out.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

i am well aware, because i'm not sure if you understand how uncomfortable it is to be a PR fan any place that's not our threads on glee or here. it's stupid and it sucks, but every single ship that's shipped on glee gets attacked for being shippers of that couple and it's stupid to allow it to come on to this board. but we should stay away from talking about the shippers, that's not what this show is about, it's about the characters and the story lines, and the truth is none of us know what is going to happen in the future of glee, all we know are small spoilers that we get and that's it, most of them don't have context, all we know is what has happened,
▌casey · © ·
Old 03-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata M. (View Post)
^Me too. Love Rachel.
When is she ever going to be happy It's even worse cos the Glee club will be like 'I told you so' and she won't have any support. No ones ever there for Rachel
Old 03-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღmaybe this time (View Post)
i didn't say puck was better than Finn, or pr is better than fr, i just compared the two. i didn't say one was better than the other. i don't agree with Finn's actions toward Rachel, and i do agree with most of puck's because let's face it... it's puck.. but I'm not saying one is totally better than other. we are all allowed to have different opinions, and i was just expressing mine, and i don't think we should censor ourselves because other people online can't be respectful,
Not comparing ships or anything but I agree. I always think of Finn's actions against Rachel much worse than Puck's cause Rachel likes Finn. She has these feelings for him and he always breaks her heart and lets her down. Yes Puck used to throw a slushie in her face but Finn's actions are worse to me cause it affects Rachel on an emotional level. Someone she cares for so much always lets her down.

And really I cant even look at it as ok I forgive you Finn cause he doesn't try to fight for her since he sleeps with Santana. He was angry at her for talking bad about Rachel but still sleeps with her? I'd rather he had just cleared his head before even wanting to date Rachel. Then after he had some time then hook up with her. Cause dating her when you have these confusing feelings will just continue to hurt her.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Not comparing ships or anything but I agree. I always think of Finn's actions against Rachel much worse than Puck's cause Rachel likes Finn. She has these feelings for him and he always breaks her heart and lets her down. Yes Puck used to throw a slushie in her face but Finn's actions are worse to me cause it affects Rachel on an emotional level. Someone she cares for so much always lets her down.

And really I cant even look at it as ok I forgive you Finn cause he doesn't try to fight for her since he sleeps with Santana. He was angry at her for talking bad about Rachel but still sleeps with her? I'd rather he had just cleared his head before even wanting to date Rachel. Then after he had some time then hook up with her. Cause dating her when you have these confusing feelings will just continue to hurt her.
I'm just going to see how it all plays out and not make an judgements yet. I haven't see 'Hello' yet either so I'll wait till I see them before before getting mad at Finn.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Thank you for proving my point on why the comparison should never have been posted in the first place.

Puck had nothing to do with the spoiler, and was brought up to become ship vs. ship. That was my problem. And you know what? It's not being respectful at all.

I'm going to leave you all to your own discussions, because clearly I have no place here.

Last edited by Kyls; 03-15-2010 at 02:54 AM
Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Yeah, not the right place to compare them or discuss which guy is better. This is Rachel SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch22 (View Post)
I'm just going to see how it all plays out and not make an judgements yet. I haven't see 'Hello' yet either so I'll wait till I see them before before getting mad at Finn.
Me too.

I think so far the spoilers look good for FR and PR fans (obivously each fandom has different POVs) and I'm also excited for RJ just to see Lea and Groff.

Now I'm really curious to see how Rachel is going to deal with everything, I'm still mad we're not going to see Rachel's dads, we still don't know what they do and if they're always home or not.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, not the right place to compare them or discuss which guy is better. This is Rachel SS.

Me too.

I think so far the spoilers look good for FR and PR fans (obivously each fandom has different POVs) and I'm also excited for RJ just to see Lea and Groff.

Now I'm really curious to see how Rachel is going to deal with everything, I'm still mad we're not going to see Rachel's dads, we still don't know what they do and if they're always home or not.
Defintley agree. In the end I'm a Rachel/Lea first so the way I see it as long as see lots of her. Then I'm good.

It'll be great to see Lea strech herself as an actress.

Quote:
I'm going to leave you all to your own discussions, because clearly I have no place here.
Don't leave. We can all be grown up's about this. No on needs to start fights. Discussion is good it's what keeps the board alive. But if you don't like something that is said. Skip it over, that's what I do. Personally I chose not to comment on the whole discussion as soon as Puck's name was thrown in.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Thank you for proving my point on why the comparison should never have been posted in the first place.

Puck had nothing to do with the spoiler, and was brought up to become ship vs. ship. That was my problem. And you know what? It's not being respectful at all.

I'm not comparing the 2 guys. I'm explaining why I'm angry at Finn. Why I can't excuse his actions towards Rachel in Hello. I didn't want to read an episode summary from a fan of a specific ship cause I knew it would be bias. Thankfully found a person who wasn't bias and got a understanding of the episode. I luv Rachel and feel she's such a broken character that I want her to just be happy in the end. And be with someone who will treat her right. It doesn't have to be Puck in the end I just want her happy and hate seeing her hurt.
At this point after reading the spoilers, Will,Finn,Puck all do some really crazy and mean things to the girls.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Potentially awesome news for the show in general

'Glee' scoop: Fox to super-size season 2! | Ausiello | EW.com

In what’s sure to be music to the ears of Gleeks everywhere, Fox is said to be finalizing a deal to amplify Glee’s second season.

Quote:
“Season 2 will be much bigger and much longer,” series creator Ryan Murphy confirmed to us over the weekend at PaleyFest ‘10. “We are talking about doing 25 episodes as opposed to [the customary] 22.”

Murphy added that he hopes to inject the show’s sophomore season with a “sweet feeling… like I loved it when The Brady Bunch went to Hawaii. I want [New Directions] to go to some competition in New York.”
Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Avril Lavigne

Great news! Thanks for posting Fay.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Great news! Thanks for posting Fay.
Your welcome

New pic. Lea? Rachel? Neither is confirmed but it might be Rachel's bedroom

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...f/71203102.jpg