Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Husband&Wife {Lea♥Jon} #43 ~ "Lea Michele ran on stage and jumped on Jonathan Groff, in what could only be described as a straddled make out sesh."

{43}

"You and me are gonna be life long friends."

Their Story
Lea Michele, born and raised in New York City and Jonathan Groff, born and raised in Lanchaster, Pennsylvania were not two people who anyone could have imagined would connect right away. But that’s exactly what happened. Lea and Jonathan first met in December of 2005. Lea, having been workshopping the part of Wendla Bergman for the soon to be Tony Award winning Broadway musical Spring Awakening, since the age of 14, was at auditions to try to find her leading male co-star for the part of Melchior Gabor. Three guys were left in the running for the part of Melchior, one of them being Jonathan Groff.
Jonathan was cast as Melchior in Spring Awakening, where he would be playing the love interest to Lea’s Wendla. On stage, their chemistry was explosive and off-stage, the two connected right away. Backstage their nicknames for each other were “Mom” & “Dad” because they were like the parents of the rest of the cast. But while looking out for others, they always looked out for each other. Jonathan and Lea have been there for each other since the beginning. When the show moved from the Atlantic Theater Company to the Eugene O’Neil Theater on Broadway in December 2006, Lea had a hard decision to make. Pursue a role in Les Miserables as Eponine, or continue with Spring Awakening to Broadway. Being her unconditional love and support, Jonathan was there for Lea through all the tears in making the decision. Lea ultimately stayed with the Spring Awakening cast which went on to earn a Tony Award for Best Musical in 2007 where the cast also performed some of their hit numbers.
During a stage hand strike in 2007, Jonathan was given some time off to go shoot a pilot, Pretty/Handsome, for Nip/Tuck & Popular creator Ryan Murphy. While shooting in LA, Lea came out to visit Jonathan when she was first introduced to Ryan. He told Lea that if Pretty/Handsome was not picked up, he was going to write a show called Glee and had a perfect role in mind for her. He also told Jonathan that if the show Glee was successful, he would also write a part for him.
The pilot was not taken to series, but this still had a big impact on Lea and Jonathan’s future. They came back to NY and continued to perform in Spring Awakening. However, sad times were not far away. On May 18, 2008, Lea and Jonathan performed for the last time on Broadway, the roles of Wendla Bergman and Melchior Gabor in Spring Awakening. Cast members had come and gone, but not being able to perform without the other, Lea and Jonathan made their final curtain call on the same night.
In 2009, Glee happened for Lea. So much happened so fast and Glee immediately took off as a hit show about a group of high school misfits just trying to find their voice and place in life. Lea plays the leading female role of Rachel Berry. An ambitious sophomore with a golden voice whose dreams are to perform on Broadway. Rachel is the lead singer of the McKinley High glee club New Directions.
Jonathan came out to visit Lea twice while she was shooting the first 13 episodes of season 1, before Ryan Murphy wrote him a character on the show. Just like a Spring Awakening flashback, Lea and Jonathan acted opposite each other as love interests on Glee. Jonathan was in a total of 7 episodes playing the character of Jesse St. James, a senior and the lead male singer of the rival glee club from Carmel High, Vocal Adrenaline.
Even without Spring Awakening, Jonathan and Lea maintained an incredibly close bond. Since meeting, they’ve seen every project the other has worked on and their families carry a New Years Eve tradition of spending the evening together. Jonathan has described them as “country mouse & city mouse” and both have declared the other their soulmate. They have a bond that runs deeper than friendship and transcends unconditional love.

[About deciding between taking the role of Eponine in the Les Miserables revival or Wendla in Spring Awakening on Broadway] "The decision was so painful, and the only person who will know about it, truly, how hard it was, is Jonathan Groff, because he literally held my hand through the entire thing and there were numerous nights of walking home, just with me in tears, walking home from the Atlantic. We would walk from 20th Street all the way to 50th and just talk about it." ~ Lea
"I love Jonathan Groff with all of my heart — he is my best friend in the entire world, and I couldn't imagine being here without him." ~ Lea
"She’s very silly and she doesn’t take herself too seriously. She loves to laugh and to make jokes, and I’m telling you, I’ve never laughed harder than with her. She’s a trip. One day on set, we were seeing who could do a better impression of her cats. I think I won." ~ Jonathan
[Lea talking about the song ‘Lucky’ by Jason Mraz] "So I heard this song and I called Jonathan and I was like ‘Oh, there’s this song and every time I listen to it, I think about you and it, you know, it reminds me of us and it just makes me so happy’ He was like ‘Oh, what’s the song?’ and I told him the name of the song and he goes ‘I love that song and I think about you every time I hear it!’ This is our theme song!" ~ Lea
"I'm still waiting for Alanis Morrisette, and I know Jonathan Groff wants to meet Jennifer Garner. She's been a little busy with her daughter and doing Cyrano! If she comes, I think he will cry, if not have a heart attack. He is so obsessed with her it's disgusting [laughs]." ~ Lea
"We were practicing a dance number together a couple of months ago with some lifts in it, some big crazy lifts in it. And we were both saying “I don’t know if I would be comfortable doing this with anyone else.” When you’re really comfortable with someone, you can really go outside of your comfort zone because you trust the other person so much" ~ Jonathan

"Words can’t properly describe it. It’s been a blast. You get to sing and dance with your best friend. And not only do you get to work with your best friend, with sort of all the fun and good times and ease that that involves, but I also get to work with a peer who is an artist that I completely respect and admire. When you are an actor, or a musician or an athlete or whatever, you want to be challenged and work with people that push you and that inspire you, and Lea happens to be one of those artists for me that I have always really admired and really been inspired by and I’ve always been sort of made better by. And so it’s sort of two fold, because I love her so much as an actress and a singer and a performer, and then I also love her so much as a human being and as a person, so it’s been really incredible to get to work with her again. And we have that history together, so there’s an ease in our working relationship that comes with years of knowing each other and knowing each other’s work." ~ Jonathan
"Our friends call us mom and dad. Sometimes I’m on the phone with Jonathan and I’m like: “Dad, I miss you so much. I can’t wait that you’re going to come over tonight and sleep in bed with me, and I can hold you all night long.” The people that are next to me look at me all weird. This one time, Jonathan got out of a cab and dropped me off at home, and I was like, “ ‘Bye, dad, I love you.” And he [the driver] goes, “That’s your dad?" ~ Lea
"Our families have spent New Year’s eve together for the last three years - it has become a bit of a tradition. We normally start off with a big party at Lea’s house, and then we put on our big coats and go to Central Park and do the run-up to midnight there." ~ Jonathan
"We make sure that we connect before the show every day and run some lines, and talk about how we're doing that day because of all we go through on stage together and I think that she's incredible. She's got the voice of an angel and she's so passionate about what she does and she's so wonderful in the show. If one of us is feeling tired, then we raise the other one up. We have a great working relationship. It's a lot to go through, and especially if you didn't like someone...it would be such a challenge...so we're lucky." ~ Jonathan

[hoot of laughter] "I love that you think that. Everybody—the fans at the stage door, people in our lives—everyone tells us that we should be dating, but Lea has a boyfriend. I don't even know how to describe our relationship, because it's not just colleagues and it's not just best friends. We're certainly not dating by any means, but we care about each other a whole heck of a lot, and we share something really special onstage and off. It's like no other relationship I've ever had." ~ Jonathan
"I grew up never having had close friends because I was working all the time. All the girls, growing up, everyone had their best friends. And I never, ever had that. And Jonathan is really and truly my first and only best friend. And I couldn’t have picked a better person." ~ Lea
"Yeah. I had worked with two other Melchiors in the workshop process, and the minute I met Jonathan at the final audition for the Atlantic production, I felt an instant connection. But never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that we would be as close as we are. He's more than my best friend, he's my soul mate, and I thank Spring Awakening for bringing him into my life." ~ Lea
"We sit in our dressing rooms after the show, and we're like, "I'm not ready to go home, let's lie down!" And we're sitting there on the floor saying, "Do you think Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee do this?" [Laughs.] We honestly can't get enough of each other. I think what we do onstage forced a connection, and I don't know what any future Wendla and Melchiors are going to do if they don't love, love, love each other. It's so intimate. I think we got lucky. Everyone in this cast got lucky."
"We left on the same night. There would have been no way
I could have ever done the show without Jonathan."

1. Titch22
2. ladybugjess
3. BLlover
4. feels|like|home
5. Renata M.
6. MTG11687
7. tough_c0okie
8. bloomgirl468
9. Squeegee Beckeinhiem
10. LG rocks my socks
11. AmanditaSininho
12. storm warning
13. maja_m&m
14. let it be
15. Blackened Sky
16. Lisa2011
17. Under -the- Blue
18. stormy eyes
19. Penny Lane
20. keepsmiling
21. Arquellania
22. ||michelle||
23. martha(brucas&jeyton)
24. honeyitsyoursx3
25. TVWeirdo07
26. lisagslack14
27. hotairballoon
28. melliee
29. Sweet Escape
20. Ceylone
31. sp.
32. JesseP_Break_Me
33. -FoolInTheRain-
34. emma.
35. erayk90
36. Scheming Star
37. Sweet_Carolina
38. jessie09
39. hoechlins
40. free to fly
41. ElectricHearts
42. silver lining
43. -Beautiful Disaster-
44. eternal-passion
45. murphyboy11
46. BrittyKay247
47. lovatojonas
48. quin611
49. Serenachan
50. bea<3lea
51. allybubba
52. Chasity05
53. Peyt4Luke4eva
54. xbrittnoel21x
55. Guinevereღ
56. crazycait714
57. Schtroumphi
58. shattered jewels
59. *miss.waldorf*
60. Dricks
61. heartless_soul
62. taysgurl
63. Saya_Asakura
64. SergeantPepper
65. tiny toon
66. natural_disaster
67. guilty ones
68. PaperGirl
69. ellen-cheerleaderx
70. theresadawn
71. Cute_Poison
72. padfootsprincess02
73. Broody23Cheery
74. defyingGravity
75. darensgirll
76. StarsWillLeadYou
77. juno_athena
78. Halo23
79. JRBudgrl8
80. tsforever
81. my.song.is.love
82. Fall Out Girl <3
83. ShineSoBright23
84. celitalaloca
85. Kelly_Dylan
86. Vamp Ivy
87. Male
88. acoustichearts
89. Hannah4000
90. Hermoine_Granger
91. LindaLLea
92. yuzzz66
93. starslightup
94. Moon-River
95. Hermione Granger
96. SilentMuse_x
97. *~Sophia~*
98. macaroon
99. noelle
100. abib
101. Brittany28
102. spicy_girl
103. Metaphors_Are_Important
104. onelove.oneheart
105. sparksfly
106. leni.
107. tsforever
108. *~Sophia~*
109. shine_a_light
110. colourtunes
111. lydia_lovebug
112. TV fan xx
113. mercia12591
114. toxicgurl169
115. B.Chambers
116. erayk90
117. fragileღheart
118. flightless♥bird
119. daretomove
120. LittleღMermaid
121. deep within me

The Soundtrack

Backstage at Spring Awakening with Jonathan Groff
Broadway in Bryant Park Hosted by Jonathan Groff
DC Gleek Tour
Glee Gets Romantic
Guilty Ones (live)
Hello (Glee Live at Gibson Universal Ampitheater, 5.21.10): 1, 2
Hello (Glee Live at Radio City, 5.30.10.)
I'll Be Home for Christmas (Joe's Pub)
Interview with Jonathan Groff on Deathtrap and Glee
Jonathan Glee Interview: Meet Jesse
Jonathan Groff Interview with Seth Rudetsky
Jonathan Groff playing with Lea Michelle's Doll
Lea and Jon leaving SAG Awards
Lea Michele 'GLEEful' About Working With Kristin Chenoweth
Once Upon A Dream (Feinstein's Cabaret Concert)
Not While I'm Around (True Colors Cabaret)
Spring Awakening Backstage (Last show)
Spring Awakening Cast Easter Bonnet
Spring Awakening Cast on Modern Love
Spring Awakening Curtain Call (5.18.08): 1, 2
Spring Awakening Interview
Spring Awakening Last Speech
Spring Awakening Last Stage door
Spring Awakening Round Table
Spring Awakening to Glee with Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff
"The [title of show] Show" (Episode 6)
The Word of Your Body (True Colors Cabaret)
Tony Awards 2010: 1, 2, 3, 4

Other Links:
14 Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photos—Shot by Jonathan Groff
Broadway Buzz: Q&A with Lea Michele
Broadway’s New Teen Heroes
From Glee to gore: The unlikely path of an Amish heart-throb
Glee: Inside the Spring Premiere party
Glee Star Lea Michele: A Look Back At Her Broadway History With Jonathan Groff
Groff happily dropped into 'hurricane' that is Glee
Jonathan Groff (Jesse St. James) from Glee
Jonathan Groff interview for Daily Mail
Jonathan Groff on His Favorite Glee Finale Moments
Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff Reunite on Glee
Lea Michele Live at Feinstein’s (2.25.08)
Menzel, Michele, Groff & Morrison Talk GLEE's Return
Playbill.com interviews Groff and Menzel
Six Degrees Of Lea Michele
The cast of 'Glee' celebrates being awesome
Tony Awards 2010: 1, 2
TV Guide (April 2010)
Up close with Jonathan Groff
What's Up, Lea Michele? All About Glee, Newfound Fame and (Sigh!) Jonathan Groff

Future Titles:
- They will never end up together but it's clear that they love each other with all their hearts.
- Because "hopefully soon" they're gonna get married!
- "This is the love of my life...my best friend."
- "I'll just say that any man or woman would be happy to shtup him every night."
- "Lea Michele ran on stage and jumped on Jonathan Groff, in what could only be described as a straddled make out sesh."
- "He didn't call me on my birthday so I brought him here today to call him out."

credits:
honeyitsyoursx3
SilentMuse_x

Last edited by sweet creature; 06-12-2014 at 06:23 PM
Old 04-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thank youuu

love the title
Old 04-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

NP.

This title just kills me.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was hoping you went with this one
Old 04-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Haha love this title
Old 04-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I need proof of this, video proof
Old 04-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hahaha if only
Old 04-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I'm with you on that, San.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be hot
Old 04-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Very.

Fck, the main art is not working anymore, and I don't have it saved on my computer!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww I hate when that happens Does anyone else has it saved?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I think I saved all of the arts from the other threads but I somehow missed this one. HOW.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I could help
Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I'm gonna try to ask Sherri about it. This is so depressing, we are losing our OPs because of those fcking bad sites.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I know I Hope Sherri has them

This quote:

Quote:
I grew up never having had close friends because I was working all the time. All the girls growing up, everyone had their best friends, and I never, ever had that. And Jonathan is really and truly my first and only best friend. And I couldn’t have picked a better person.
With those gifs and pics

LOVE THEM SO MUCH