Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

What Friends Phrase have YOU used today?

Hi everyone!

Like another title on here says: Friends quotes come in handy in every situation. Have you ever used them? Did your real friends ever get it or did you just confuse them?

Personally, me and my friend (who also knows every episode by heart), we use them whenever we can.

One time I was planning a movie night and a friend asked me if they could bring someone I didn't really like, I used, "You know what? I think that's a great idea. That'll be like the pilgrims bringing the indians syphillis."

It's always so much fun to watch people's confused expressions.

So, fire away, people!
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Passionate Fan

I use friends-quotes all the time..My friends know some of them, but sometimes I can make them really confused when I say something that doesn't make any sense to them..

I love the new thread btw, cool subject
Princess Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

i use them a lot specially with friends that also watch Friends..! i say Oh My God, it so does not or fine by me a lot.... and chandlerisms like "Could I be any more...?" and Phoebe's YAY! lol
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Passionate Fan

uhu! Me too!! I even translate them in my language (dutch)..I think my friends are getting bored of my quotes, but I just laugh with them everytime
Relax! Take it easy...
Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Love this thread idea... I'm known by my friends for excessive quoting as well and most of them are Friends quotes - mostly Chandler Lately, whenever someone says, 'you're mean' i can't help adding, 'in England!'

Amazingly enough, didn't use any today... how did that happen?

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

haha I've used "They don't know that you know that we know that you know!"

brittany & santana
ErinlovestheOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

i used "Now who's got the steady hand??"
unapologetic mocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I've used a lot of those, but not today
Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

It's hard for me to use Friends expression or any english words for that matter, because I'm in Brazil, but thoughts can be counted?

When someone is boring like hell and keeps talking endless, Chandler's "shut up, shut up, shuuut up" always comes to my mind!

Oh and also his 'mini-wave'. Oh, uh-huuuuh!

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah! used the mini-wave one the other day (nope, still none today ) when I got an assignment done

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Absolute Fan

well, my friend was telling me how when she was older she was going to marry this kid who's a lot younger than her now. she asked me if i wanted to come to the wedding on a certain date and i used Phoebe's Line of: "I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it to your imaginary wedding, but I’m really busy that day. Yeah, I already have a unicorn baptism and a leprechaun bar mitzvah."
Reshop Heda - Icon
cloudmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

i use the quote "irony, not a fan?" a lot and i got my roommate hooked on friends and anytime we had to say the word "prepared" we would say it like rachel did in TOW Unagi. I think my favorite though is anytime i say something about a sandwich i always say it like ross. MY SANDWICH. haha

[Jack/Kate] "I asked you not to come back here for me and I wish...I wish that you hadn't. But I will come back here for you
kimsunder05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Passionate Fan

I use Phoebe's 'Oh no' a lot And oh my god..mostly the classic friends-quotes actually..
Relax! Take it easy...
Old 08-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was messing around with my bf, and I did the How You Doin from Joey, when he sees a hot chick in Ross' building
Old 08-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's hard for me to use Friends expression or any english words for that matter, because I'm in Brazil, but thoughts can be counted?
Word sister friend!

But them again... when Im like, talking to my sister or my really close friends i say something like "could i be anymore wrong?" or "oh my god!"... just like today, my sister was yelling at me for something really stupid and i just said "Now who's got the steady hand?" she just started laughing and forget all about our argument she really likes Friends too so its easier to do the quotes with her...
Reply   Post New Thread