Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Continued Discussion of TOW Ross Is Fine (10x02)

An uncomfortable Rachel, Joey and Charlie (guest star Aisha Tyler) are invited by a staggered Ross to come to his apartment for a dinner but fears for his state of mind when Ross uncharacteristically veers off into wine, song and laughter. Meanwhile, Chandler commits an unpardonable act when he and Monica visit another couple who have already adopted a cute boy and former surrogate mother Phoebe is visited by a desperate Frank Jr. (guest star Giovanni Ribisi) when he can no longer cope with his three precocious triplets.

[ 12-11-2003: Message edited DevotedFanOfMatt ]
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

My favourite part of the episode was seeing the triplets again. They're so big! I don't know, but for some reason I expected them to still be babies [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I geuss it's because we haven't seen them in so long. They were too cute. Frank Jr. was great, especially when he was talking abut his kids and realized he couldn't give any of them up even though they drive him crazy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I wish Alice made appearence.

The Chandler/Monica storyline was great too. Chandler accidently telling that kid he was adopted was so funny, and then telling the triplets Phoebe gave birth to them [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] "I'm gonna go tell Emma she was an accident" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I didn't care too much for the Ross/Rachel/Joey/Charlie scenes. I hope the triangle (rectangle?) is finally over now. I did like that they addressed that it has been 6 years that Ross and Rachel have been together, yet they are still hung over it.

[ 10-02-2003: Message edited spazzie ]
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Absolute Fan

This was the first episode in a long time where I enjoyed all of the storylines. Everyone seemed in character, too, which I also find to be a rare thing as of late. Great to see Frank and the triplets again. Ross was hilarious, especially his "love" toast. "'O' is for, 'Oh, wow!'" I really didn't want to like Charlie, and I won't miss her when she's gone, but I do like her.

I forgot to say my favorite line of the night was Monica's "I think I just had a small orgasm."

[ 10-02-2003: Message edited NaiveYetChubby ]

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
NaiveYetChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:14 AM
Extreme Fan

After this episode, I understand why some people find Ross annoying. He's my favorite character, but all the "I'm fine!!"s started to get old. It was funny at first, but the 234th time, no. Then with him just standing at the door saying nothing. "Should we just shut the door?" I still loved the episode, though, and I thought the Ross/Rachel/Joey parts were hilarious.

Ross: L is for life what is life without love?
Rachel: Oh my god are we suppose to answer?
Ross: ...O is for Oh Wow (makes a face)!! ...V is for this very surprising turn of event, which I'm still fine with by the way. E is how extremely normal that you two (Joey and Rachel) are together. And that one
day you'd get married...and have children of your
own. (starts to cry) I'm sorry its probably the
pressure of entertaining.

I only wish we could've seen him dancing to the Chicago soundtrack. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Then Chandler! Oh my. Telling the kid he was adopted, and the triplets Phoebe gave birth to them. "I'm gonna go tell Emma she was an accident." Hee.

[ 10-03-2003: Message edited glory fades ]

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
glory fades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Addicted Fan

That was the funniest episode I've seen in a long time! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Ross was beyond hysterical. The "fajitas" thing had me rolling. He does a great drunk. What I liked also about this episode was how they did address the fact they still have feelings for each other after 6 years which some might think would put an end to it but I think it just shows that their love has still not yet gone away. It showed Ross loves her as deeply as ever and I saw that Rachel was really moved by it as well. I know the Joey thing won't last long. I also liked Joey a lot this episode...haven't liked him much lately. He was a really good friend to Ross and I'm glad Ross was able to step aside for his friend. Now we just have to deminish this whole "triangle" crap and go onto the REAL stuff [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The other storylines had me in hysterics too. Everyone was just great this whole episode. I know I only really mentioned the R/R stuff but hey...I'm obsessed.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

I loved this episode, but I really wanted to crawl inside my TV, and slap the hell out of Ross. He hasn't been that annoying since the whole "We were on a break" thing.

Chandler was frickin' hillarious. Trying to bribe the kid with $50, then asking for it back when the kid spilled the beans. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And Phoebe doing the reverse-psychology thing on Frank Jr. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Good episode. Everyone did a good job as usual...but I was really impressed with David and the acting he did...He was hilarious and entertaining...and annoying...but that's what he was supposed to be [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Liked the Monica/Chandler adoption stuff...Chandler is still funny and his lines were great.

The tripplets were cute...they have grown [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]...I mean it's been 6 years right [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I just don't see the chemistry between Ross/Charlie...it's just not there. Nothing Against Aisha Tyler...she's great...just not as a love interest for Ross.

Still waiting to see Emma?...I mean where is she this whole time? The writers can't just "ignore" the fact that Ross/Rachel have a child together.

ICE

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't really like this episode. The Monica/Chandler storyline was SO funny, but everything else was just bad. Frank Jr. seemed different . . . he was kinda funny, but the storyline with Phoebe was boring and short. In the end he realizes he loves his kids even though they drive him crazy - so what?

The whole Ross/Charlie/Joey/Rachel dinner was so stupid. Rachel seemed different . . . like she was all moody and mean. I don't think I like her so much anymore. Ross was funny I guess, but very annoying. "I'm fine - NO REALLY, I'm fine! I'm fine!" Ugh. Enough, Ross. But I'm glad he's finally realized that he and Rachel haven't dated for six years and that she's not his anymore.

My favorites in this episode were Chandler and Joey. Chandler was perfectly in character, telling the boy he was adopted and then saying Santa wasn't real [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And Joey, ah!! He's so sweet. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

This was a grea episode, My favorite parts were just watching David be as funny as ever...when he said "FAJITAS" like in that really funny tone I was on the floor and also when he was talking about what the letters of L O V E spell and he said "E!" [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

I was happy to see the triplets and it was especially funny when Frank Jr said "I haven't slept in FOUR YEARS." and he held up for fingers [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Chandler and Monica's storyline was really funny too, "WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE BABY!" I love those two.

all around 8 out of 10 episode IMO [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mel [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Was it me, or did this episode seem so SHORT?

I really liked this episode. (I hope that means this season is on a roll.) I thought Ross was HILARIOUS...I didn't find him annoying at all and I loved every scene he was in. The scene between Joey and Ross was my favorite and I was glad that Joey and Ross were able to address things that both Lobsters and Cobras have been arguing (i.e. the fact that it's supposed to be "Ross and Rachel," but on the other hand, that they hadn't dated in 6 years).

I agree with Sparkle143 that Rachel seemed different and a bit moody, and I didn't like the fact that she moved in for Joey to kiss her on the cheek, but didn't even kiss him back.

I liked the other two storylines, but they were way too short. I'm glad we got to see some continuation by seeing Frank and the triplets. I also loved Chandler's whole "letting the cat out of the bag sequence" (Owen, triplets, Emma)
Old 10-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Cotton Candy

I really enjoyed every single storyline. It was such a funny episode! I'm really impressed with this season so far.

My favorite part was seeing the triplets and Frank Jr. The kids are so cute! "That's Chandler climbing on...Chandler", [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

The ending scene was hilarious!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

The best part of this episode was Giovanni Ribisi. He was hilarious, "I haven't slept for four years!" I hope they repeat this episode because I didn't tape it. Though they probably will repeat it faster than usual because of the fact that this season is only 18 episodes.

Chandler and Rachel were also hilarious.

The less said about the Roos, Rachel, Joey crap, the better. Those three are beginning to be my least favorite characters.
It went out with a Bang!
Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by atyleung:
<STRONG>Was it me, or did this episode seem so SHORT?</STRONG>
Yeah!! I was just thinking that. I think because it kept switching storylines so often. Like for a few minutes it was Joey and Rachel at Ross's apartment, then Frank Jr. and the triplets, then Monica and Chandler, and then all over again. And the camera kept doing a close-up of everyone at Ross's apartment! Like it would show Rachel rolling her eyes and then Joey's face looking all concerned. So I think that's why the episode seemed so short.

And atyleung, I agree with you agreeing with me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Rachel kept rolling her eyes and sighing like she was bored out of her mind. And the way she treated Joey was horrible. She lets him kiss her but she doesn't kiss him back? That's so mean. It's like, I'm-Queen-Rachel-Too-Good-For-Anyone-And-I'm-So-Bored-So-I'm-Gonna-Leave-And-Stick-My-New-Boyfriend-With-My-Drunk-Ex! (Whew. That was a long title!)

[ 10-03-2003: Message edited Sparkle143 ]

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I really like last night's episode. I laughed more than I have in a really long time.

I think Ross had a really honest reaction to finding out about Joey and Rachel. He really wants to be fine about it, but he just can't. He rationally knows that there's no reason for him to be jealous or upset, but he can't help it. It was nice to see that Joey and Rachel were being sensitive to that and even better that Joey was the good guy, when he could have been the bad guy.

I'm glad that Phoebe was able to help Frank Jr appreciate his kids, no matter how insane they may be. It was nice that this time Phoebe was mature enough to make sure that Frank Jr kept his kids, instead of her actually wanting to keep one (like when she had them). Giovanni was fabulous, keeping the quirkiness of Frank Jr, but also adding the stressed parent elements.

I really felt for Chandler when he went to the house. He was really bonding with the kid and how was he supposed to know that the kid didn't know he was adopted. For that kind of secret, I think it should have been the first thing the couple told them when they decided to meet. I mean, the kid could have walked in at any moment and heard about his parents going through the process. It was hysterical when Chandler slipped again in front of the triplets and his line about telling Emma that she was an accident had me rolling.

I was not expecting this episode to be great at all, but it was really funny. Let's hope the trend continues!
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I ADORED Ross in this episode. He was real and honest and understanding. His "I'm Fine" antics were quite funny. But, I loved how he came to terms with the fact that he is still in love with Rachel. He honestly does not want to have jealousy over who Rachel is with, and that much is obvious as he struggled with wondering WHY he is so bothered by Rachel and Joey. He was devastated whenever thinking about Rachel and Joey having children together and I could feel his intense pain as he was realizing this. But, through all of his struggles, Ross was a class act whenever discovering that Joey had deep feelings for Rachel. He was so mature and caring with Joey as he told Joey to go for it with Rachel, admitting that it will be hard but still giving Joey his blessing. That was so wonderful to see even though I am a R/R fan. I loved how Ross was so caring and sensitive to Joey and their scenes alone together were precious. Joey was also very caring and understanding and it just proved how close of friends Joey and Ross are. Also, it is quite obvious that Ross is still in love with Rachel, but he is willing to let Rachel be with Joey. That, to me, shows how much Ross loves Rachel on all levels.

It seemed as if Rachel was very taken back while watching Ross being in so much pain about everything. I honestly feel as if Rachel never expected Ross to be so bothered by it all. Not to the degree that he was. I think Rachel was extremely upset over seeing Ross so hurt.

All in all, it was a classic episode and what is so great about it is the maturity that Ross showed in giving Joey and Rachel his blessing even though he is struggling with it. It is good to see that Rachel and Joey can figure out if they work apart from any guilt feelings over Ross. They will make or break their relationship based on each other and not any outside influences and I think that is awesome.

Ross impressed me beyond words with how he handled things. It was a priceless episode as you could see the love and caring between all three of them.

C/M and the adoption thing was so funny. Whenever C told the boy he was adopted, I was laughing to tears.

Phoebe was so fun to watch as she helped her brother in letting him figure out how much his children mean to him.

This episode is on the top of my list as far as being one of the very best that I have seen. The comedy and drama in it was outstanding. David did a hell of a job acting in this episode. I just love how they sorted out this triangle.

[ 10-06-2003: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]
Reply   Post New Thread