Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanJavaJunkie (View Post)
But you know what I realized while reading those quotes? She is always talking to Ross about it... about he loves her and about the fact that shoud just get back together with her... why do you guys think that is? Why is she always trying to talk Ross into it and never Rachel?
Hm, I don't know, I think she also talked about that with Rachel, they still talk about it together probably less than with Ross may be, but I think it's just because it's the way to script went lol I mean it's just because they made Phoebe being here when Ross was confuse and stuff about his feelings for Rachel and so they talked but I don't see any particular reason behind that

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

All those things at once, Nora?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanJavaJunkie (View Post)
oh god, I love Phoebe... Phoebe has always been so supportive of the RnR relationship...

But you know what I realized while reading those quotes? She is always talking to Ross about it... about how he loves her and about the fact that he shoud just get back together with her... why do you guys think that is? Why is she always trying to talk Ross into it and never Rachel?
i think maybe phoebe knew that it was Ross holding back. if you think about it, for the most part, it's usually ross saying how they shouldn't be together, they shouldn't go back to that place and Ross is the one afraid of getting hurt. Even though they initially broke up because of what ross did and rachel being unable to forgive him, at the end of the day, rachel knew that ross would never do anything like that ever again. she has completely forgiven him because she just knew how sorry he was. With all this though, Ross is afraid. He got burned with Carol, with rachel and with emily. Rachel being the worst one because he never loved anyone like he loved Rachel. It's always him who needs reassurance and pep talks because he's the one afraid, whereas i always felt like rachel would have been willing to get back with him without much hesitation. and not because she loved him more or anything, but because she just always seemed more willing to take the risk.

Nora, i love all those quote. i especially love the ones from the episode where he smells her hair. i remember loving that because up to that point, i knew rachel was still in love with him, but i wasn't so sure about him and it made me really happy.

but this has GOT to be one of my favorite phoebe line as it relates to ross and rachel
Phoebe: Right. (Pause) Or you might get everything you’ve wanted since you were fifteen.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora* (View Post)
I think if RnR had ever announced their engagement Phoebe would've been like:

Yeah she definitely would... and I think she'd especially be like that because that's somehow just so like phoebe

Quote:
Hm, I don't know, I think she also talked about that with Rachel, they still talk about it together probably less than with Ross may be, but I think it's just because it's the way to script went lol I mean it's just because they made Phoebe being here when Ross was confuse and stuff about his feelings for Rachel and so they talked but I don't see any particular reason behind that
hmmm... maybe you're right... I just thought it's weird... but I also think that Ross was always the one more obvious about his feelings for Rachel... maybe that's another reason she mostly talked to him
Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
i think maybe phoebe knew that it was Ross holding back. if you think about it, for the most part, it's usually ross saying how they shouldn't be together, they shouldn't go back to that place and Ross is the one afraid of getting hurt. Even though they initially broke up because of what ross did and rachel being unable to forgive him, at the end of the day, rachel knew that ross would never do anything like that ever again. she has completely forgiven him because she just knew how sorry he was. With all this though, Ross is afraid. He got burned with Carol, with rachel and with emily. Rachel being the worst one because he never loved anyone like he loved Rachel. It's always him who needs reassurance and pep talks because he's the one afraid, whereas i always felt like rachel would have been willing to get back with him without much hesitation. and not because she loved him more or anything, but because she just always seemed more willing to take the risk.
Quote:
but I also think that Ross was always the one more obvious about his feelings for Rachel... maybe that's another reason she mostly talked to him
I think a lot of people thought that Ross feelings was more obvious and stuff like that but I personally never felt that way (except for season 1 of course lol) and I don't think either he was more the one who was holding back either, it kinda was the same for both of them and for me Rachel feelings were also often pretty obvious and she was also afraid of getting back with Ross, she always have the thought in mind but never really acted on it either, I mean she didn't have to wait for Ross to do something, she was also scared of what he would say if she was the one who start to talk about it and even if she had those thoughts that they could get together again I'm sure she was still always confuse about it.

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome quotes. I gotta admit sometimes I don't really understand Phoebe, but she's always been a huge RnR fan, and I love her for that.

Quote:
Ross: I don't know. It was incredible. I mean, it just felt so right. When I was holding her, I mean, I never wanted to let her go. You know what? Yeah, I do. I wanna be together.
Phoebe: (screaming) YAY! [...] Oh, this is like the best day ever. Ever!

Quote:
Phoebe: I just wish they'd realize they should be together. They should be a family. They should get married and have more children.
When did she say this one? I emember the quote but not the scene...
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
When did she say this one? I emember the quote but not the scene...
It's from season 9 episode 14 'The One With the Blind Dates', when she was talking with Joey about how RnR should be together instead of trying to date other people

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
but this has GOT to be one of my favorite phoebe line as it relates to ross and rachel
Phoebe: Right. (Pause) Or you might get everything you’ve wanted since you were fifteen.

I agree. Sometimes you forget that Ross has actually loved Rachel his entire adult life. It's so romantic.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Phoebe is amazing when it comes to Ross and Rachel. I love how good she feels about them together. She always has the right things to say about them.
Great quotes!!

I knoww, Mél. I love that too. Ross has been in love with her since he was teenager... So cute!!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

what i love about phoebe is that she has a huge heart and is sometimes very child-like. her child-like attitude keeps things pure and when she talks about RnR, it seems to come out. like when she mentiones the lobsters and how she sees them being together as something easy, like nothing, no excuse, is good enough for them not being together. it's innocent. i love it.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
what i love about phoebe is that she has a huge heart and is sometimes very child-like. her child-like attitude keeps things pure and when she talks about RnR, it seems to come out. like when she mentiones the lobsters and how she sees them being together as something easy, like nothing, no excuse, is good enough for them not being together. it's innocent. i love it.
So do I, and Phoebe was the one that Ross told that he was technically still married to Rachel in season 6.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

oh i looooveeee that entire storyline. "I didn't get the annulment. We're still married. don't tell rachel!!!"
(not sure if it was all the exact words, but it was hilarious)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh i looooveeee that entire storyline. "I didn't get the annulment. We're still married. don't tell rachel!!!"
(not sure if it was all the exact words, but it was hilarious)
Yeah. And the way he said it was like, 'I really shouldn't be telling you this, but I kinda trust you... so yeah.'
Old 01-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love & Passion (View Post)
Yeah. And the way he said it was like, 'I really shouldn't be telling you this, but I kinda trust you... so yeah.'
lol it's also because she kinda already know about the whole thing so he told her but I love how Phoebe didn't let go of him with that

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
It's from season 9 episode 14 'The One With the Blind Dates', when she was talking with Joey about how RnR should be together instead of trying to date other people
*slaps forehead*
My studying is really getting in the way of remembering each Friends episode...
Thanks a lot Mel!
icon: Permanent_99
Closed Thread   Post New Thread