Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2015, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed-well said.

To be blindsided by real love is powerful especially, as said, she originally thought she was going to have this life with Barry because that was the life she was raised to have.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Another thing, since RnR were together, I don't believe either of them were ever in love with anyone else. Rachel in particular. Ross tried to move on with Emily, but I don't believe he was every truly in love with her; not like he was with Rachel, or even Carol. But any other relationship they both had wasn't long term and "I love you"'s were never declared.

Actually, the only other time Rachel declared she was in love with someone was with Ross, in the finale.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^I agree! I remember talking about it in the thread years ago when we were having a lot of discussions about all these RnR things and I still think the same thing today, once Ross and Rachel fell in love with each other they never were in love with anyone else.

I mean for Rachel, I would even said that the only guy she ever truly been in love with was Ross because from what we now she didn't have anyone that special during her high schoo/college years, or it was probably just the "high school" kind of love, nothing serious enough for it to be mentioned on the show. And then from the time she moved in with Monica and the following ten years, we never saw her in love with anyone but Ross or even dating someone else that "seriously". I mean of course just before all of that there was Barry that she almost married but clearly she wasn't in love with him and he was just that "right kind of guy she's supposed to be with".

As for Ross, I also think he never fell in love with anyone else after Rachel. Before her there was of course Carol and I think that's the only other woman I would say he was in love with back then but even that doesn't compare to what he felt for Rachel because like Ross said it himself he loved Rachel even more. He just fell that much harder for her and then that was it.
Of course, like you mentioned we could think there was Emily. But while I think he might have loved her, I really don't think he ever was actually in love with her either. Everything was so rush with her and their time together so short, I really think that if he was that much into this relationship it really was to get over Rachel, he just wanted to move on. So I think for Ross it was actually more about holding on to that girl who could help him move on from Rachel. I mean just before he met her he said it himself he was jealous of Joshua and Rachel but then there was this new woman who really liked him and made him feel special, they had fun and I would say he could have loved the idea she represented, that with time may be he could find another woman to fall in love with. He was somehow comfortable in their relationship, it was new, unexpected and nice. So to not lose that Ross acted in a spontaneous way and rushed into this wedding because he didn't want to lose yet another relationship. But he never had a real closure with Rachel and the fact that he said Rachel's name at the wedding could have had more meaning than just because he saw her minutes before it happened, I think he just unconsciously remembered that not so long ago the girl he was dreaming to be married to one day was Rachel, she was it. He was so in love with her and I don't think what he had with Emily (or anyone else) was strong enough to get over that. (Plus after their marriage was over Ross was more mad at her and sad about getting another divorce than he was about actually losing Emily and when we compare that to how heartbroken he was after the breakup with Rachel, it's pretty clear it was way more stronger.)

So yeah, to sum up this long post I just did lol, I would say that, to me, none of the relationships Ross and Rachel had with other people after they were together could ever mean as much as what they meant to each other and that once they fell in love with each other they just never stopped so they couldn't actually fall for anyone else! RnR lobsters for life lol

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All

Last edited by Black mamba; 05-12-2015 at 04:38 PM
Old 05-13-2015, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well put, Mel!

You ladies are spot on. They weren't in love with people they dated after each other. That kind of love just don't come along, and not much can stand in the way of true love.

On the Emily note, I think Ross thought he was in love with her. I just don't think he truly was.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love reading your post, mel

I agree they both only truly loved each other. Ross loved carol but in the end that was nothing compared to his love for rachel. I think he loved Emily because he wouldn't have married her otherwise but the only reason he proposed so she stayed in USA. If she lived in USA he never would have proposed.
I think for rachel no one even came close, not tag not Joshua, only ever ross
Old 05-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^Yeah

And thanks guys!

I just agree with onebreath that once RnR happened that was it for them and they never actually fall for anyone else. They just never stopped being in love with each other. That's why they kept having all these "moments" and looks through all the years

There's just so much love between them

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 05-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that moment between them

I don't like ross in the ep though
Old 05-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Well, I personally really didn't mind Ross in that ep. I mean yeah, he was kinda annoying everyone to hurry up and get ready but I understand because it was something important for him and he just wanted to be there on time. Plus, it was just fun to watch everyone actually not being ready And well, at the end Ross was sorry and just really wanted Rachel to be there with him and he was ready to drink "the fat"

I also love the last RnR scene when he saw her in that dress and suddenly he wasn't in such a hurry to leave LOL And Rachel loved teasing him!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 05-15-2015, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like the way he spoke to rachel, but apart from that he was ok in the ep because like you say he wanted to be on time , but he was out of order to rachel (but that just me

Gorgeous pic
Old 05-18-2015, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

"We have tenderness, we have intimacy, we connect! You know, I swear, this is the best I have ever had!"

I love that quote and scene!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG!
I love that so much
Old 05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

^IKR?

I love that Rachel always felt that special connection they had! Like she also said few years later, in S10: "You know, when two people have a connection, you know, that's... just seems like such a... waste."

Oh and here's a pic of the kiss that happened just after the previous quote & pic I posted

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 05-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that line also the the other line in the scene "with us it never off the table"

Love it I love the bit where ross grabs her legs
Old 05-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolphin23 (View Post)
Love it I love the bit where ross grabs her legs
Hehe, me too! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedolphin23 (View Post)
I love that line also the the other line in the scene "with us it never off the table"
Yeah, that really was an awesome line and so true!

And I love the way Rachel keep getting closer to Ross while they talked and the way they looked at each other in that scene too! So intense and meaningful, like always with these two

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 05-21-2015, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You really get Rachel's facial expressions in that screen capture.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread