Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

A Reminder Of Board Rules- Please Read and Respond

Okay, so this is an awesomely calm board where everyone gets on and I've only had one problem with one member thus far (who stopped posting after the whole thing, so it's not important.) But I want to make sure it stays that way!

1) No bashing is allowed. Since certain people don't get the difference between criticism and bashing, I will cite an example (not a real one, but close).

"Ross and Rachel suck together. Ross is a jealous idiot when he's with Rachel, and Rachel is a prissy ice-queen." Is most certainly bashing by any definition. (I just want to make clear at this point- I, of course, do not think this. At all.)

"I don't like Ross and Rachel together. I think that Ross can be too jealous and that Rachel becomes less likeable when she's with him." Is not bashing. It's an opinion.

You may disagree with this statement, or you may agree with it- but it's not bashing. See the difference? One is stating negative opinions about RR as if they are fact, the other is simply saying his opinion. However, even this latter example is bashing on the RR appreciation thread. People- myself included- do not want to read negative things about their couple on their thread- not even reasonable things. Appreciation threads are for, what else, appreciating the couple, not saying negative things about them. This also applies for ALL 'ships, regardless of popularity.

I will not stand for any bashing of any kind. Stating your opinion is one thing, bashing is a complete other. If this happens once, I will edit the offending post. If it happens twice, I will be contacting Mod Managers. This board has a calm atmosphere, and keeping this is very important to me. Cris and I discussed allowing anti-threads, but decided it would disrupt the awesome atmosphere.

2) Stick to the topic of the thread. Now, everyone veers off-topic now and again and I am lenient in this regard because of my terrible habit of doing so, but it is your responsibility to get back on-topic ASAP, without me having to warn you. If I warn you twice in the same thread, I will be PMing you. If I warn you three times in the same thread, I will be contacting a Mod Manager to take further action.

3) Particularly for the newbies (who we invite warmly, and promise we don't bite. Except maybe Joana .) this one- always check a thread doesn't exist prior to creating it. It will be deleted otherwise.

4) Use proper grammar and spelling where possible. Now, I am what some people call a "Grammar Freak", so I'm particularly sensitive to this one. I know that some people do not speak English as their first language, but basic standards of spelling and grammar are still expected. I'm not expecting perfect English even from people who speak English as their mother tongue, but "text" speak is never acceptable.

5) And the biggie: ALWAYS RESPECT OTHER MEMBERS. Everyone does here, but this is the basis for ALL problems. Replying to someone who disagrees with you as if they're a particularly slow three-year-old is not respectful. Neither is "um,-yeah-duh, whatever you say". Simply agree to disagree. If you can't do this, contact me, and I'll aid you with the problem.

6) I don't mind being PMed. For any reason. Whether you want to know what episode something happened in, just want to chat or have a problem, I don't mind. Never hesitate in PMing me, particularly if something is bothering you. I will solve the problem ASAP.

Now, none of this applies to 99.99% of y'all, but it's definitely a preventative measures. If you have any issues, or I haven't explained something clearly, or you think something needs to be added, please just reply with the problem here, OK?

Thanks for reading. And comment that you do/don't understand!

Last edited by stoptheqtip; 10-06-2007 at 11:11 AM
stoptheqtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Loyal Fan

It's always a good idea for a review of the rules. this is a nice board that is a pleasure to visit.
cp1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

I've read and understood (and I agree with you and Cris about the anti-threads I usually don't really like those)

Thanks for the reminder Steph

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Black mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

I bite people? :O

anyway, good rules.
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Uh, doy. I've still got bite marks (rubs arm, and gives Joana shifty look)

Oh, good. Glad that I don't come off as super-strict mod bitch.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Read and understood, thanks Steph.
icon: Permanent_99
valeposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

lol Steph, we don't see you as "super-strict mod bitch" don't worry It's always good to have that kind of reminder of good rules

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Black mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

read, undertsood and agree with all of the rules. (didi that make sense... I'm too tired and exhausted right now)

And Joana didn't bite me when I came here... okay, she tried, but she didn't get me
Old 10-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Read and understood Steph Thanks for making this thread... it's important to be remimded of those things now and again
Old 10-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Glad that I don't come off as super-strict mod bitch.
You're Monica!

Read and understood, and ITA!
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Dessler (View Post)
You're Monica!

Read and understood, and ITA!
Okay, Michelle, BANNED!

Glad they're clear and reasonable. The last thing I want is to have to tell people off, and will avoid it as much as possible! Hope this stops me having to tell anyone off, ever.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me banned? Why? Monica is so cool, you should be flattered

Well, hm, duh, whatever you say
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Read and understood.

Telling people off = booo. Unless your like, really mean.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Read and understood, Steph.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

read and understood
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread