Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely, Me. (View Post)
As much as I would of loved to of seen them as a couple, I think part of the beauty of them is wondering what could of been. & They were always perfect they were never tainted like Joey/Rachel was for me.
Yeah, I agree with you on this. I think part of the reason why I ship them so, is knowing the possibility of what they could have been; not actually seeing it play out. I used to (many, many moons ago) have similar feelings towards J/R, but when they had him fall for her/tried putting them together briefly, and it turned out the way it did, like you, it completely tainted them for me. And I would never have wanted that to happen with C/R. So in that sense, I'm glad they never tried going down that road with them. And I can live out those ~possibilities, in fanfiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
Yup, and I think TOW The Flashback was supposed to be sort of a tester for C/R, to get the audience's opinion on it because I think the writers were thinking of putting them together at that point.
I wonder what the audience's reaction was to it? Since they never did go with putting them together.

I was watching TOW the 'Cuffs again last night. Man how I love that episode. Anyway, the little "I love you."/forehead kiss from Chandler to Rachel is one of my favourite things. So sweet.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder what the audience's reaction was to it? Since they never did go with putting them together.
I don't think there was any sort of reaction to it, which is why the writers dropped it. But still, ~what could have been~, huh?

Quote:
I was watching TOW the 'Cuffs again last night. Man how I love that episode. Anyway, the little "I love you."/forehead kiss from Chandler to Rachel is one of my favourite things. So sweet.
I adore that episode! Half-naked Chandler in handcuffs, getting into trouble and hilarious banter with Rach. And yes, the forehead kiss I also love when she tries negotiating with him so he'll cuff himself again.

I think there's even a little callback to that episode in S10, I forget which episode, Monica and Chandler find handcuffs in Rachel's old room (or somewhere, I'm vague on the details), and Chandler has a moment of fantasizing about her in them
Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I adore that episode! Half-naked Chandler in handcuffs, getting into trouble and hilarious banter with Rach. And yes, the forehead kiss I also love when she tries negotiating with him so he'll cuff himself again.

I think there's even a little callback to that episode in S10, I forget which episode, Monica and Chandler find handcuffs in Rachel's old room (or somewhere, I'm vague on the details), and Chandler has a moment of fantasizing about her in them
Heh. And then Monica puts the image of Joey's ass in his head to bring him out of that fantasy LOL.

I never thought about that being a bit of a callback to TOW the 'Cuffs before! Haha, brilliant.

Last edited by onebreath; 07-07-2012 at 05:25 PM
Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, the forehead kisses melt my heart. Her smile in that gif is adorable!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Ah that gif is glorious!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I love how she slightly tilts her forehead up for him, just before he leans down.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love how she slightly tilts her forehead up for him, just before he leans down
With that cute little smile on fer face

Quote:
Aww, the forehead kisses melt my heart.
Mine too, but I think I like the one from TOW The Girl From Poughkeepsie better. I wish I had a gif, I'd post it.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Mine too, but I think I like the one from TOW The Girl From Poughkeepsie better. I wish I had a gif, I'd post it.
*looks hopefully at onebreath*
Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by You. Yes. You. (View Post)
*looks hopefully at onebreath*
I may just have to get working on that.

Edit:

Last edited by onebreath; 07-08-2012 at 04:57 PM
Old 07-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So precious!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

I love how, in typical Chandler fashion, he breaks that lovely moment by asking Rachel if she's ever been with a woman.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Awww, that gif/scene So adorable! And of course Chandler would add a comment like that It's like when he couldn't stay serious when he was saying "goodbye" to Rachel in S10 lol

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Aw, lovely. I love how he sort of hugs her.

Quote:
I love how, in typical Chandler fashion, he breaks that lovely moment by asking Rachel if she's ever been with a woman.
Quote:
It's like when he couldn't stay serious when he was saying "goodbye" to Rachel in S10 lol
Yea, but the fact that he TRIED says a lot about their friendship and his character
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
I may just have to get working on that.

AHHHHH! One of the best kisses/episodes. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by You. Yes. You. (View Post)
AHHHHH! One of the best kisses/episodes. Thanks!
It's just perfect. And, you're welcome!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread