Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Actually you're both right:
Quote:
[Scene: Chandler and Joey's, Joey and Janice are returning from their DAY OF FUN!]

Janice: We're baack!

Joey: Hey!

Chandler: What are you guys doing together?

Janice: Joey and Janice's DAY OF FUN!!! (laughs)

Chandler: Really.

Joey: Yeah, yeah. We went to a Mets game, we got Chinese food, and you know, I love this woman. You have got competition buddy.

Janice: I just came by to give you a kiss, I have to go pick up the baby, so. I'll see you later sweetheart, you too Chandler. (laughs)

Chandler: You still can't stand her can you?

Joey: I'm sorry man, I tired, I really did.

Chandler: Well, you know, I appreciate you giving it a shot.

Joey: But, hey, look, you know the good thing is, is that we spent the whole day together and I survived, and what's even more amazing, so did she. It was bat day at Shea Stadium.

Chandler: Well, I guess that's something.

Joey: No man, that's huge! Now, I know I can stand to be around her, which means I get to hang out with you, which is kinda the whole point, anyway.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Latecomer

I'm amazed at how much Chandler loved her in Season 3 and then how much he couldnt stand her in later seasons... it's so interesting...
I know! My sister always complains to me about that. She's always like, but he loved her so much in S3 and now he can't stand her! And I never have an explination for her.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I was only disagreeing with groovyk1 saying that Joey said 'you have to break up with her'. Because he didn't say it in that scene. Joey said it earlier in the episode, yes, but not in the post-Day of Fun scene.

Not a big deal, I know, but I was being nitpicky. The quoted scene clearly doesn't have Joey telling Chandler to break up with Janice. Instead, Joey just reiterates his dislike of Janice, but accepts the situation. "I know I can stand to be around her, which means I get to hang out with you, which is kinda the whole point, anyway."

Yeah, I'm disappointed too that Chandler couldn't stand her anymore, after being so in love with her before. I guess it wasn't an "Endless Love" after all.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by *Rach*
I know! My sister always complains to me about that. She's always like, but he loved her so much in S3 and now he can't stand her! And I never have an explination for her.
I always thought that he was heart broken when he found out she was kissing her soon to be ex-husband while still going out with him. And then the next time he saw her he couldn't stand her anymore, b/c not only he found her annoying, but she also broke his heart.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Janice is hilarious, especially when she just randomly pops up (TOW Chandler's Work Laugh and TOW the Unagi are prime examples). Ah, the only time I couldn't stand her was in TOW Rachel Has A Baby mainly for making Rachel think Ross would leave, which lead to that unfortunate proposal...
Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BehrItAll
I always thought that he was heart broken when he found out she was kissing her soon to be ex-husband while still going out with him. And then the next time he saw her he couldn't stand her anymore, b/c not only he found her annoying, but she also broke his heart.
Well, he had since had his heart broken by Kathy a million times worse, so he probably wasn't even think of Janice like that. As evidenced by:
Quote:
Chandler: Bye. (Finally closes the door on her.) (After it’s closed) I can’t stand the woman! (Phoebe is shocked, Joey is relieved.)

Phoebe: What?! I thought you were crazy about her!

Chandler: Yeah, I know, but all of those little annoying things she did before we fell in love? Like her voice, her laugh, her personality—Well, they’re all back! Y’know? And she’s picked up like nine new ones!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
In Theaters

Old 08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Ha Ha. Janice cracks me up
Old 08-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

I love that she was included in the book for the end of the show .

It'd be hilarious if she popped up on Joey.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:56 PM
In Theaters

That would be really funny!

Old 08-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenBitch
I love that she was included in the book for the end of the show .

It'd be hilarious if she popped up on Joey.
That would have been hilarious.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:59 PM
In Theaters

Which Janice appearance was the most surprising? I'd definitely have to go with TOW Chandler's Work Laugh. I just love it when Ross comes back from spending the night with a mystery woman and then Janice walks in!

Old 08-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Theaters
Which Janice appearance was the most surprising? I'd definitely have to go with TOW Chandler's Work Laugh. I just love it when Ross comes back from spending the night with a mystery woman and then Janice walks in!
yeah! that was so unexpected. hilarious.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:16 AM
In Theaters

Totally!

Old 08-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

That Janice moment was definately very suprising.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread