Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Joey/Monica Appreciation Thread #1

I didn't see a Joey/Monica thread so i made one up.

I think this pairing has to be my favourite UC pairing from the show.

Has anybody got any Joey/Monica fics around?
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones

Last edited by girl in a cardigan; 12-13-2004 at 12:38 PM
Old 12-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Cotton Candy

I'm not sure I ever saw Monica and Joey as a couple, but I really adored their friendship. One of my all-time favorite Friends moments is when Joey comforted Monica at the end of "TOW the Jam". It was just a very special scene.

Old 12-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

After seeing Monica with Chandler, it's hard for me to get on board with the Joey/Monica ship, but I do know that is what the creators originally wanted
Old 12-14-2004, 04:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jenn-
After seeing Monica with Chandler, it's hard for me to get on board with the Joey/Monica ship, but I do know that is what the creators originally wanted
Yeah, agreeing with Jenn, after Monica and Chandler, I don't like the idea of Monica and Joey any more or less than Rachel and Joey (and Rachel and Chandler). I'm dead set against the people who hook up with their friends' ex-girl/boyfriend mainly because friendships are definitely more important than hooking up... but that's just me.

ETA: I also think that Joey serves as a brother figure to the three women in their little circle, so any relationship within them would seem a bit too incestuous (although, yes I do know that they're not related).

Last edited by Freddie; 12-14-2004 at 08:21 AM
Old 12-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Joey suits well with all three of the girls but I could never get into a Joey/Monica pairing. I guess Monica and Chandler will always be my best friends couple.
My LJ
Old 12-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Extreme Fan

i can't see Joey and Monica getting together, but i guess one reason they would go well together is cos she loves to cook and he loves to eat.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Cotton Candy

Hehe, that's very true (remember TOW the Truth About London? ).

Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Maybe in the earlier seasons I could maybe see them together, but not anymore. I loved their friendship though. That scene between them in TOW The Jam was really sweet.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Cotton Candy

I could watch that scene over and over again and never get tired of it.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was never able to see these 2 as a couple, and it is kind of hard for me to see how the creators were planning that in the very beginning.

I am a fan of their friendship. I love that he eats everything she cooks.

I loved his story about Hoit in TOW the Jam and that it convinced Monica not to go to "the bank".

I also liked TOW the Cooking Class. Monica and Joey didn't have many storylines together.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:01 AM
Master Fan

It's interesting to note, that despite the blonde hair, most of what Joey says does come true for Monica. I mean, Chandler is a pretty academic name and he's tall. They have two kids (but there's always time for a third), a girl and a boy.

I know, this is the Joey/Monica thread, so I'll stop, but I do love that Joey convinces Monica to make the right choice. And that one arm hug gets me every time!

Another cute Joey/Moncia moment is from the finale:
Quote:
Joey: Yeah. Uh, does this mean there's nothing to eat?

Monica: I put three lasagnas in your freezer.

Joey: I love you!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jenn, I noticed that too about Joey's story. How many people can say they have met someone named Chandler or Hoit in their lifetime? (I would like to meet a Chandler )
And Monica said "two girls and a boy" and in TOW Rachel's Book, Chandler says "a boy, twin girls and a boy" which is pretty close to what Monica pictured. And! lol they have twins I wonder if the creators remembered that and wrote it that way on purpose.

That moment in the finale was great closure for Joey & Monica and how he was always coming over to eat her food.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:34 AM
New Fan

I loved the closure scene between them.

I just remembered the babies thing. I wonder if they did decide to incorporate it for that reason.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BehrItAll
I wonder if the creators remembered that and wrote it that way on purpose.
[snark] Considering the lack of continuity over the years (um, the soulmates thing, anyone?), I can't imagine they would have remember that little conversation after eight years. [/snark]

I wonder how things would have been different if Monica had gotten it on when he first moved in like he wanted to in TOW The Flashbacks. She admitted the crush to Rachel in a previous/subsequent episode (I can't remember) and he obviously wanted to Would have made things interesting, don't you think?
Old 12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by BehrItAll
I was never able to see these 2 as a couple, and it is kind of hard for me to see how the creators were planning that in the very beginning.

I am a fan of their friendship.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jenn-
It's interesting to note, that despite the blonde hair, most of what Joey says does come true for Monica.
I noticed that too, although I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Chandler as a blonde. He did have a lot of blonde in his hair and he was the only one with light hair out of the guys.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread