Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought they were so adraoble. I would ahve loved to see a relationship between those two, no matter how temporary.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I just finished watching the end scene. I love how it was played like it as meant to be taken seriously (and also how it gave every single shipper something ). Loved how Joey got so excited at the prospect of having kids with Rachel - also as an aside I feel like their could be a plot bunny for fics based on these scenarios lol.
Me too! I did like how that scene was shippy for everyone. It was funny, and I love that Phoebe 'predicted' J/R would have beautiful children, not just kids, but they'd be gorgeous, which I'm sure they would've been And Joey saying, "Great," while looking pleased was awesome; he was definitely into that idea! IA that Phoebe's speech could be a plot bunny in itself. I have read a fic based on that and enjoyed it, especially because J/R and M/C ended up together

Quote:
I would ahve loved to see a relationship between those two
Me too! The writers could've done so many things with them as a couple, like: Rachel goes to Joey's house for dinner and interacts with his huge family, Rachel's jealousy flares up around Joey and his female co-star and they talk about it, R/J take Emma to the zoo, etc. They also could've solved the earlier conflict with Hugsy in an instant: Joey/Rachel sleep with each other, and Emma gets Hugsy at night. Problem solved!

What should we re-watch next? There are a couple R/J moments in TOW Ross's Denial, or we could skip all the way to TOT Could Have Been.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Welcome LostTragedy!

Quote:
It was funny, and I love that Phoebe 'predicted' J/R would have beautiful children, not just kids, but they'd be gorgeous, which I'm sure they would've been
Yes! I noticed she said "the beautiful children", as if no one else in the group would have attractive kids

Quote:
The writers could've done so many things with them as a couple, like: Rachel goes to Joey's house for dinner and interacts with his huge family, Rachel's jealousy flares up around Joey and his female co-star and they talk about it, R/J take Emma to the zoo, etc. They also could've solved the earlier conflict with Hugsy in an instant: Joey/Rachel sleep with each other, and Emma gets Hugsy at night.
Those are all great ideas! I agree, there could have been a lot of fun stuff with J/R's relationship, because they always had fun together. I really believe they would have been a truly hilarious couple if they were together longer.

Quote:
What should we re-watch next?
TOW Ross' Denial, definitely.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I put one of my videos up today!

Joey/Rachel - What Hurts the Most - YouTube
Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful video! I love that song and I never realized how much it actually fits them. And I loved how you used Joey's little speech at the beginning
Old 12-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Your J/R video is fabulous.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Those are all great ideas! I agree, there could have been a lot of fun stuff with J/R's relationship, because they always had fun together. I really believe they would have been a truly hilarious couple if they were together longer.
Thanks! IA, they would've been so funny together and I could see other couply scenarios playing out between them. There would've been a lot of good opportunities for jokes, like you said

Love the video, starryeyes! It's amazing how fitting that song is for Joey. Great song choice! Also, all the transitions and quick shots were fantastically done. I love it when vidders get on the beat and yours were pitch perfect. Thanks for making and sharing your vid!

BBL with my thoughts on TOW Ross's Denial.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

thanks everyone! I've got a happier video coming too!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

New video.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I just watched TOW Ross' Denial. There wasn't very much J/R in it, but I loved that she seemed excited with the idea of living with him until he mentioned Naked Thursdays Funny how in a few months, she'll love living with him anyway.

Can't wait for the new video!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm late on this, but I love the title-it's so true!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Their kids would look stunning.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I've got a happier video coming too!
That's great! Can't wait to see it

Quote:
I just watched TOW Ross' Denial. There wasn't very much J/R in it, but I loved that she seemed excited with the idea of living with him until he mentioned Naked Thursdays Funny how in a few months, she'll love living with him anyway.
IA, there wasn't much J/R, but the moments we did get were ace. I think it's interesting that the writers brought the possibility of them as roomates, but didn't follow through until the end of the season. Rachel did look interested until Joey mentioned Naked Thursdays/Wednesdays - which they probably would've ended up doing if they dated longer At least they did become roomates later.

Next up is TOT Could Have Been, right?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's interesting that the writers brought the possibility of them as roomates, but didn't follow through until the end of the season.
Yes, I think they were planting the idea in the audience's heads to prepare us for her moving in with Joey (though I did like the Phoebe/Rachel-as-roommates dynamic, those two are great together as well).

Quote:
Next up is TOT Could Have Been, right?
Well, there's a little J/R in TOW Ross Got High. It's not really a scene, more of an instance (he's the only one who likes and eats her trifle and then eats everyone else's share, which means that he would eat her cooking if they had ever gotten truly domestic ). But because that's it, we could just skip to TOT Could Have Been, or watch it, doesn't matter
Old 12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes, I think they were planting the idea in the audience's heads to prepare us for her moving in with Joey (though I did like the Phoebe/Rachel-as-roommates dynamic, those two are great together as well).
Good point! I'd like to think they planned that far ahead and wanted to introduce the idea to us, but wanted to give it a little time until they actually went through with it. Also, I noticed that Joey wasn't letting go of his Naked Day idea in the beginning of the season - which is why Rachel wouldn't move in - but he never brought it up when Rachel had to move in with him, and he never hit on her, so that was a nice bit of growth on his part. Or maybe he just forgot about the whole thing, heh. IA with what you said about Rachel and Phoebe as roommates. I love their scenes together, especially when they try to find Monica's presents, then they giggle at Chandler because he was 'storing Joey's stuff'

Ooh, I forgot about TOW Ross Got High! I definitely want to re-watch that. I can't believe I forgot about the little R/J bit in it. And yes, he would so eat her cooking, especially if she made the "banana-meat thing" just for him on, say, their anniversary
Closed Thread   Post New Thread