Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for sharing the article link, hardlove! So great seeing more articles and discussion that yeah, Rachel and Joey were great together, and I especially love the power couple reason - Rachel as fashionista and Joey as a star, but together they're so down to earth, having wet paper towel competitions and being so sweet and supportive of each other And I love the idea of them going on double dates with Monica and Chandler, those would be a blast!
Old 09-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardlove (View Post)
just wanted to share this link about how a J/R relationship would have changed the whole show. thoughts? i definitely agree that Rachel would be happier with Joey, but it's true that Ross may come to resent them as well (cos he's petty like that lol).
I like most of it too, not the stuff that focuses on Ross though. If Joey & Rachel were happy together, Ross would just need to grow the hell up. I mean...Joey was in love with Rachel & no one took that into consideration when RR got back together....that's why Joey is the better guy. He puts other people's feelings first.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Hi guys! I haven't read that link but just wanted to say, please be careful about your comments on Ross (or RR) here Like I always said you can appreciate a couple without saying negative stuff about another character or couple and that's how we tried to keep it in every threads here, thank you!

Anyway, I missed a few recap while I was away on vacation but I love all of them! Especially the one from TOW the Yeti!

Also, I saw we lost some pics in the OP here too! I'm glad we still have the OP banner though, it was such a well done job And may be we can still add new pics/gifs to make up from the lost one in the next thread!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 09-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

We'll have to go searching through Tumblr for gifsets to spruce up the OP again.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
He puts other people's feelings first.
Exactly, despite Joey's flaws, especially early on in the series (and tbh flaws made him more well-rounded as a character and made his arc of falling in love with Rachel more meaningful), one of his best qualities is how much he loved his friends and wanted them to be happy. Which is why I love that Rachel moved in with him, she was SO happy and fun with him, and in turn she got him to become more responsible. Growth!

Will do, Black Mamba! Omg yes the banner is awesome. But yeah it's a shame about the gifs! IA with always protect you there are some great J/R tumblr gifsets This post by kittyswinter is awesome, and the J/R tumblr has some excellent gifsets as well!
Old 09-19-2017, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)
Exactly, despite Joey's flaws, especially early on in the series (and tbh flaws made him more well-rounded as a character and made his arc of falling in love with Rachel more meaningful), one of his best qualities is how much he loved his friends and wanted them to be happy. Which is why I love that Rachel moved in with him, she was SO happy and fun with him, and in turn she got him to become more responsible. Growth!

Will do, Black Mamba! Omg yes the banner is awesome. But yeah it's a shame about the gifs! IA with always protect you there are some great J/R tumblr gifsets This post by kittyswinter is awesome, and the J/R tumblr has some excellent gifsets as well!
yes, they are the definition of couple goals!

i love that gifset! will have to check out that tumblr when i have time! i think i made some fanart too back in the day...no idea what happened to them though.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ikr? They are so precious and good together

Yeah it's great! Oh yeah only if you have time, I love the fyeahjoeyrachel tumblr. Lots of awesome J/R posts there. You drew art of them too? Aww I wish I could see it! I bet it was so cute.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)

I know, he definitely has his flaws & they are all pretty clearly shown & never made out to be ok by the writers - but to the people that he's close to, he's the most loyal & selfless guy ever. I wish that got recognized more often
Old 09-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I wasn't aware of the Tumblr for JR. Thank you for the link!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know, he definitely has his flaws & they are all pretty clearly shown & never made out to be ok by the writers - but to the people that he's close to, he's the most loyal & selfless guy ever. I wish that got recognized more often
For sure, the writers had their jokey moments with Joey's womanizing but also treated it as something to develop, which I really appreciated. And yes, his loyalty is SO sweet and an important character trait, he put his friends first and especially with Rachel, it was heartwarming and made complete sense with his character arc to fall for one of his best friends. I too wish his virtues got recognized more often! He wasn't perfect, but no one is, and he was such a good guy

No problem, always protect you! It's such an awesome tumblr, I'm so happy it exists and there is so much hard work put into it. Love the layout and the gifsets
Old 09-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'll have to find time to check it out.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree with everyone, Joey's always been such an awesome friends, the way he cares so much for his friends is really sweet and special! And I love how he was always the one reacting the most when something was happening that could change the dynamic of their group and that they might lose their closeness. Joey was always sad and against things what could change that, their friendship was too important for him!

Thanks for that tumblr link! I will check it out too!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 09-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I think he's definitely my favorite of the core group.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-24-2017, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think I could ever choose just one, but he's definitely top 3!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I just relate to him more at times.

{taek su mi sun}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread