Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too! Especially when they were living together, I feel like they both just grew so much in that time. Especially Joey, when Rachel had Emma & everything, even though he wasn't the father, I do feel like that changed him. He changed his life to accomodate Rachel & her baby, making these sacrifices & it didn't bother him at all. So grown up
Old 12-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I very much agree. Rachel and Emma really helped Joey to grow up.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& Joey helped Rachel to be more laid back imo. She was never high strung like Monica, but still, I do think she was a lot more chilled with Joey & had lots of fun living with him
Old 12-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

This always cracks me up

OTP: Jim/Pam (the office US), Castle/Beckett (Castle), Sean/Fiona (Shameless), Henry/Jo (Forever)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That scene!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-19-2014, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Omg I love that!
Old 01-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Watching The One After Joey and Rachel kiss on TBS right now.

The scene where Joey and Rachel try to kiss after the other friends finding out is hilarious, both of them keep picturing Ross!
Old 01-10-2015, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That was funn & they were pretty sweet in that ep too
Old 01-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi all

New here. Loved Joey and rachel. I couldn't stand her with ross, thought he was too high strung for her, and a little too much of a know it all. Thought Joey spoke to her with more respect.

Thought the last season was a cop out with how they were "too good of friends" to get together. I wonder if it wasn't the last season if they would have explored it more. I felt that they knew it was the last season, Joey was going to California and ross and rachel had to end up together.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
Old 01-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Welcome to the thread

Joey & Rachel just worked for me, I always felt like they made quite a natural couple & the writers should have had the guts to actually give them a real chance.

& I completely agree about the break up, it was just so stupid & such a lazy way to break them up
Old 01-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome to the JR thread!

I agree, they really should have focused on JR more. It definitely had potential to lead somewhere, but the writers broke them up too soon for lame reasons and forgot about them ever being together the very next episode.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& after all that build up, it made me wonder why they even bothered putting them together to then have it end so quickly & not ever amount to anything more
Old 01-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiSy TiFF (View Post)
Hi all

New here. Loved Joey and rachel. I couldn't stand her with ross, thought he was too high strung for her, and a little too much of a know it all. Thought Joey spoke to her with more respect.

Thought the last season was a cop out with how they were "too good of friends" to get together. I wonder if it wasn't the last season if they would have explored it more. I felt that they knew it was the last season, Joey was going to California and ross and rachel had to end up together.

Welcome to the thread!
The last season was tough... after all that build up.. ruined.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& it's not like they didn't know at the time how much time they had left in the show, so why even bother opening that door? Not once, with Joey having feelings for her, but then twice when she returned those feelings. If they show was suddenly ending unexpectedly, I'd understand it a bit more...
Old 01-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

I wouldn't say Joey had feelings for Rachel since early on in the series. But he definitely found her sexy, and shortly after Mondler started dating, he wanted to have what they had. It was around the same time they gave JR their first plot together (IE, knowing Mondler was dating when nobody else was)... so twice in season five, they had the perfect opportunity.

I think if they wrote Joey approaching Rachel about dating more appropriately (Give Joey the lightbulb-in-the-brain for once! ) they could have had a good plot with it. That possibly changes what happened in Vegas and everything afterwards that happened between Ross and Rachel. JR might have ended up together, but I know the writers said they didn't want to start a new relationship within the group of friends so soon after Mondler.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread