Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Another great recap! LOL, that "smell the fart" scene makes me laugh just by looking at the stills. I love the line of Rachel worrying what her mom would think of her life, and I adore that GIF of Rachel touching Joey's shoulder as she introduced him. Didn't notice that until now!

Thank you for sharing
Old 06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

np & I love how excited Rachel is to see him on TV, & her reaction to him saying some lines later! That's her dool obsession starting!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know I probably should be posting this in the Rachel thread but you guys are more fun and imaginative here!

Other than Joey (best suited) and Ross, of all the other guys in Rachel's life, who did you wish Rachel could have had a somewhat long-term relationship with?

I kinda wish she could have dated Gavin. He was gorgeous and really sweet to her. And, when she told him about the awkward Ross situation, he totally understood her predicament, even knowing he couldn't have her.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Great screencaps and gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGiovanna (View Post)
I know I probably should be posting this in the Rachel thread but you guys are more fun and imaginative here!

Other than Joey (best suited) and Ross, of all the other guys in Rachel's life, who did you wish Rachel could have had a somewhat long-term relationship with?

I kinda wish she could have dated Gavin. He was gorgeous and really sweet to her. And, when she told him about the awkward Ross situation, he totally understood her predicament, even knowing he couldn't have her.
We're glad that posters enjoy posting in this thread and it's understandable that discussions may go slightly off topic from time to time but if you wish to discuss Rachel's relationship with someone other than Joey then that discussion should be in appropriate couple thread or the Rachel thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f33/jennifer...-him-63028803/

I'm sure posters in the Jennifer/Rachel thread would enjoy discussing the topic.

Vicky
Old 06-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

thanks, I promise the next recap will be up a lot sooner!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I answered your question here in the Jennifer/Rachel thread, DonGiovanna!

Can't wait for the next recap

[Source]
Old 06-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

love that bit! I think that apart from Joey, Rachel is the character who says "how you doin'" the most!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomnom (View Post)
I answered your question here in the Jennifer/Rachel thread, DonGiovanna!
Thank you bunches, omnomnom, for moving it over for me. I'm not sure I know how to do that myself. I've answered you there.

Thanks for the "How you doin'" gifs. I forgot that Rachel used it in TOW in Vegas! Another thing is, whenever Joey said it, Rachel always knew he had something up his sleeves, like when he said it to Rachel's sister, Jill, upon being introduced to her and when he sidled up to Rachel and said, "How you doin'?" when he thought it might a good idea to start something up with her (and Rachel replied, "What's up, Joey?" ).

They always had that unspoken communication that kinda ... well, gel-ed.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
love that bit! I think that apart from Joey, Rachel is the character who says "how you doin'" the most!
She does! When she's playing with the licenses, when she's imitating what her baby's first words will be, and at Vegas. I wish she'd said it to Joey in Barbados, too

Quote:
Thank you bunches, omnomnom, for moving it over for me.
No problemo! I just copied and pasted your question over there. Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Of course, ultimately, I still think that Joey was best for Rachel, bar none! Joey just had that je ne sais quoi with Rachel that all the other guys did not have with her.
I didn't know if this was okay to say over there, but since I'm here, I just wanted to say a big YES to all of that! And I agree with what you said about them gelling so well together.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

aww, that moment is so sweet, they were both so happy
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

BEST ... GIFS ... EVER! The Barbados dual episodes are way up there on my list of faves and, during that kissing scene (which was really in episode after the dual episodes), I kept mind-nudging them to do more, go further! I mean, they owed it to each other after all they had been through -- first in Joey's unrequited love and then in Rachel's rush of feelings for Joey that she had to keep to herself because he was already with Charlie.

The only thing that bothered me about the Barbados episodes is WHY in the world would they get adjoining rooms with paper-thin walls when they all knew beforehand that they most likely would be, um, doing stuff that would produce sounds that they probably would not want to be broadcast? Though, I guess it's better to broadcast those sounds to your best friends than to strangers!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
aww, that moment is so sweet, they were both so happy
They really were! I love how ecstatic Rachel looked

Thank you, DonGiovanna! IA, I wish they could've gone farther, though I like that they were kissing, talking, and laughing with each other for a bit. Since the premiere only took place minutes after the finale, I don't mind that they didn't get into bed right away and enjoyed making out for a while, but if the season had taken place some time later, I definitely would've wanted to see them in bed and being all cuddly.

Quote:
The only thing that bothered me about the Barbados episodes is WHY in the world would they get adjoining rooms with paper-thin walls
That's a great point! I don't think they noticed the walls until they got into their rooms, but I agree, it was strange that Rachel got an adjoining room with Chandler and Monica because when they arrive, it seems like Chandler booked his and Mon's room first. I guess the show 'reason' is because the hotel only had so many rooms and Rachel wanted to be close to Monica, but the real reason was to have a funny moment in the first S10 ep.

I did think that scene was funny and I like how it included Monica, Chandler, and Phoebe - they got some great lines - but from a J/R standpoint, it kept pushing things off for them, so that's why I kinda wish Rachel had gotten a room elsewhere. Then she and Joey might have had more privacy!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I had never thought about that before! They probably didn't realize when they booked the rooms!

I do think those scenes are funny, but I've always hated how all the other friends felt the need to get involved in J/R's relationship
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Since the premiere only took place minutes after the finale, I don't mind that they didn't get into bed right away and enjoyed making out for a while, but if the season had taken place some time later, I definitely would've wanted to see them in bed and being all cuddly.
Oooh, that's true. I didn't think that the J/R kissing took place right after the season finale. If they had slept with each other right there and then, it might have complicated things a little and perhaps even pushed them apart because both of them would have felt guilty because of Ross.

I think a lot of their deep feelings and resolution to be a couple only surfaced when they were agonizing over how to break it to Ross. Sure, they had the initial raw attraction but that attraction could be just like when Joey saw a hot girl off the street or when Rachel desperately wanted Tag. The true going-out-on-a-limb-for-each-other part only came when they both agreed that they needed to tell Ross about their feelings for each other. By having to tell Ross, it means that J/R cannot be flippant about their relationship with each other.

Quote:
I did think that scene was funny and I like how it included Monica, Chandler, and Phoebe - they got some great lines - but from a J/R standpoint, it kept pushing things off for them, so that's why I kinda wish Rachel had gotten a room elsewhere. Then she and Joey might have had more privacy!
IA with the funny lines -- still LOL each time! The thing I like most (which, obviously, isn't the intrusion of J/R's privacy!) is that all the other friends would be the first to find out about the new J/R relationship and Ross was, again, the last person to know! Just like in M/C's budding relationship in S5 ...
Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

that's true, their relationship was definitely not just about lust. When they made the decision to be together, they knew they were facing a lot of difficulties because there was Ross, and Emma, & of course they were living together, not to mention that they were risking their friendship too. But they both did it because they really wanted to give it a shot